Discovery Gaming Community
Random Bounty! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Random Bounty! (/showthread.php?tid=559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Random Bounty! - Guest - 01-26-2006

He picked up back-up then continued to Tau-23 so he could switch to his fighter. His fighter and his ally both had novas, which, left my cruiser defenseless.

Once my cruiser was destroyed, he seemed rather happy at doing something I might have been able to do without novas.

He had a LF left to fight. I had to leave once I was destroyed.

I hope I get another report of a confirmed kill.

EDIT:

Oops.... That was supposed to be 'Virus' post not the RBN. That entire thing was OOC, keep that in mind.

Random Bounty! - Dab - 01-26-2006

Well then we fought with Purity for a few minutes (he is pretty good at light fighters [better than I will ever be with them]). After that Micro got back docked at a station so he didn't have to fly from Megellan again. Then Timber Wolf (yes the one that was here a long long time ago [Kane might remember him{and Igiss should remember the little group of me, Vicious, Typi, and Timber who pretty much scared away the old battleship terror, wonder where Wraith ran of to after that night I pounded his battleship...}]) had to leave leaving me along to fight 1 VHF and one LF. Then {BH}Sid came... 2 LFs and 1 VHF vs. 1 VHF with no shield-bots... Well eventually Purity had to leave befreo we could kill each other, leaving only Micro and Sid. I never got sid but got 1/2 of his hull a few times. Got Micro 6-7 times in total counting the one in Megellan.

And Marauder I ran because I had no guns to use against other cap-ships only missile turrets and a sidewinder torp. Couldn't use those against the cruiser. Oh and you and purity disrupting trade lanes 25 times got really annoying...

Random Bounty! - Wolfpack98 - 01-26-2006

Dab,Jan 25 2006, 10:03 PM Wrote:And Marauder I ran because I had no guns to use against other cap-ships only missile turrets and a sidewinder torp. Couldn't use those against the cruiser. Oh and you and purity disrupting trade lanes 25 times got really annoying...
[snapback]10916[/snapback]

Er.. what do you mean, no guns ?

They blow them all, or did you simply not have proper equipment mounted? If that's your excuse for running, that's fairly lame...

Random Bounty! - marauder - 01-26-2006

From what I saw, when I scanned him, he had 13 BS missile turrets and 2 stealthblades on the gunmounts. It's just an excuse, the missile turrets would have got thru Virus's shield but he didn't even try to fight he just ran everytime he could.

Disrupting the tradelanes was the only way to get you to fight.

If thats what you call unfair why is it perfectly ok for you to use that missile cruiser against a lone VHF? There's no way it could harm you enough to kill you. Novas would be shot down and the VHF would be lucky to get close enough to fire them.

Random Bounty! - Korrd - 01-26-2006

--Novas are really hard to shoot down with missiles. I dont know why the missiles phase through the novas without destroying it.

--One Fighter with novas, if properly handled, is deadly for a BS. Even a Missile cruiser. 2 fighter with novas can destroy a BS in less than a minute if the pilots are goos enough. Evading the missiles is not that hard, even when you have 20+ of them heading at you.

I think he ran because he wanted them to spread to look for him. Under that circunstances, the only you have to do is wait until you are found by one or 2 of them and you get an "easy kill".

Either way, i think that using a BS while being hunted by the whole server is not wise. I prefer a Bomber on VHF. BS are not precise enough, and aer too bulky to maneuver.

Random Bounty! - Guest - 01-29-2006

The is Jim Hill of the Random Bounty Network.

Remember Bounty Hunters, the bounty expires TOMORROW Sunday at Midnight GMT. Hurry up. I don't think you want him to take the 35 million reward!

Jim Hill... Signing off.

Random Bounty! - Dab - 01-29-2006

Yea hurry people!

And guys if you havent noticed missiles do very little damage to a cruiser/BS shield. It gets redeuced. I shot a salvo at Virus and only took down a 1/16 of his shield

Random Bounty! - Virus - 01-29-2006

Then shoot 15 more.

Random Bounty! - Dab - 01-29-2006

It took my whole energy bar to shoot all of those. I would have died by then.

Random Bounty! - marauder - 01-29-2006

Dab,Jan 29 2006, 01:02 AM Wrote:It took my whole energy bar to shoot all of those. I would have died by then.
[snapback]11140[/snapback]

Isn't that the whole point? :cool: