Discovery Gaming Community
Official faction activity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Official faction activity (/showthread.php?tid=61466)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Official faction activity - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:300 hours is a figure. I am not going to stand by it and stomp my feet. Maybe it should be 200 hours for house police + house navy or Outcasts/Corsairs, 50 hours for independent ID, 20 hours for trading factions. Something proportional to power exercised, at the least.

It's not proportionately represented now because a faction that constitutes less than 0.01% of server activity gets to exercise authority over 15% of the real estate and commerce.

I could get behind a system where activity was based on a factions role. I do believe this idea has been brought up before though.

Though I could also very much see going with Zelot's opinion of returning to the past.

Official faction activity - Garrett Jax - 06-14-2011

If you take away what little power official factions really have, then you take away any need for them to exist.

Taking away the power that comes from joining together for a common purpose, and proportioning it out among the masses, only creates a million little islands, with a million different sets of rules and a recipe for self destruction.

Requiring a faction to be a super power in order to exist moves things to the other extreme, where all the fun is gone, and rp is singular in focus.

Official faction activity - Ingenious - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I could get behind a system where activity was based on a factions role. Though I could also very much see going with Zelot's opinion of returning to the past.

Ok, we agree on this point, finally.;)

Official faction activity - Ingenious - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:If you take away what little power official factions really have, then you take away any need for them to exist.

Taking away the power that comes from joining together for a common purpose, and proportioning it out among the masses, only creates a million little islands, with a million different sets of rules and a recipe for self destruction.

Requiring a faction to be a super power in order to exist moves things to the other extreme, where all the fun is gone, and rp is singular in focus.
I would rather that the "powerhouse" factions were more active and maintained their power, rather than less active and cede their power. But it must be proportional. The faction doesn't have to be a superpower. Just active.

Official faction activity - Death.RunningVerminator - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I would rather that the "powerhouse" factions were more active and maintained their power, rather than less active and cede their power. But it must be proportional. The faction doesn't have to be a superpower. Just active.
So you want factions that are already active to be more active, and those that aren't active to be less active?

Ingenious.. I have your reputation in mind when i say this: Stop while you're ahead.

Official faction activity - dodike - 06-14-2011

Ok, we get rid of all official factions, what then?

Official faction activity - Zelot - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Ok, we get rid of all official factions, what then?

PURETECH!

Official faction activity - Hexx - 06-14-2011

Hooray for biased exaggerations! Wheee.

Official faction activity - Jeremy Hunter - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:PURETECH!

Green cell everything.

Problem solved.

Or all red cells go white, dispose of SRPs....crap, wrong place.

Leave it be. Just leave it be.

Official faction activity - ProwlerPC - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I say we go back to the good old days. All you need is 5 members to be official, but you get no power from being official.

I agree to this. Even though I'm a faction leader myself I'm not very keen about those FRs.