Discovery Gaming Community
White Cells and Faction Permissions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: White Cells and Faction Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=61470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Primitive - 06-14-2011

Quote:No it isn't. They are mercenaries, they follow the pay check. In this case the pay check from the Corsairs stopped coming so the mercs found a new pay check. Just happens that the pay check is written when the merc kills a Corsair.

It is called role play.

If it was roleplay someone like Hessians with their power wouldn't hire merc who have been shooting them for months.

If you want to find out a trick behind tech giveaways, compare ones in granted tech, then compare how many threads were made to get them. You'll suddenly find nice irregularities.

Don't get me wrong, I do quite enjoy in people's little skype begging.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Zelot - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:And if that isn't the case? Well giving factions the power to allow tech didn't work out too well, did it?

PURETECH!

White Cells and Faction Permissions - DarthBindo - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:You'll notice, Zelot is very clear when he says that is purely an in role play denial. The Corsair Empire has very valid reasons for not handing tech out to none Corsairs now a days. If you know Zelot (which I don't very well), you'll know his post was a subtle hint that there could be an ooRP arrangement made with proper role play, etc etc. I could be reading into it too much though.
Indeed. And really, it only applies strictly to random people asking for stuff. If the Gaians or AFA or Hogosha came knockin, they could probably get shiny toys. If we really trusted a merc group ever again (unlikely), we can always change our minds.
As it stands right now, you cannot ask the Corsairs for shiny toys and just get them.
Speaking of, who's alt are you?

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Hexx - 06-14-2011

I'm sorry, but all your reasoning just attests to the fact that the system is an utter, complete mess, Daedric. And if it suggests anything besides that, it's that the server should be a dull, cookie-cutter universe of zero diversity.

RP makes things interesting, and stopping anyone from stepping out of the box is detrimental to creativy. RP is creativity.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:If it was roleplay someone like Hessians with their power wouldn't hire merc who have been shooting them for months.

If you want to find out a trick behind tech giveaways, compare ones in granted tech, then compare how many threads were made to get them. You'll suddenly find nice irregularities.

Don't get me wrong, I do quite enjoy in people's little skype begging.

Really? So you've never heard of people hiring their enemies soldiers or workers as a means to defeat them? I doubt it.

As for your claiming the Reavers approval of Corsair tech was a skype deal. Perhaps you should go read into it.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - SnakThree - 06-14-2011

So you think your RP might be awesome and deserves technology.
The other thinks it's not and you don't deserve it for roleplay reasons (you're a darn mercenary)

That's broken?

Do you know factions have HC/HQ chats were decisions are made by more than one person?

I think Corsair are ought to protect technology of theirs and even not share it so openly with allies. I think that's great roleplay. Why don't you?

Also. Treason roleplay is broken? Your thinking is broken for god's sake.
If I manage to get Tizonas as mercenary (guy who lives for money) and someone gives a good money for shooting Corsairs. Why not? My roleplay dictates to get money. Thus it's broken? To roleplay?

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Jeremy Hunter - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Diversity and variety are great. However, without restrictions and limitations everyone would fly ships who are unique and odd. You'll notice this is 100% correct as SRP's were spammed to the point the admins said, "Enough!" and closed them.

While your method removes the SRP factor, everyone and their mom would have these unique and diverse set ups.

You don't have to approve every request, and honestly, not everyone wants it. Personally, yes, I'd love to actually have an Order Odin. But I like my Nephthys, Bastet. I like my Guardian.

Yes, have restrictions, but not so many

' Wrote:I'm sorry, but all your reasoning just attests to the fact that the system is an utter, complete mess, Daedric. And if it suggests anything besides that, it's that the server should be a dull, cookie-cutter universe of zero diversity.

RP makes things interesting, and stopping anyone from stepping out of the box is detrimental to creativy. RP is creativity.

Role play is fulfilling your role. If your role is to be a rank and file soldier then you are a rank and file soldier. Role play is not just having the most unique, special, crazy ship set up out there.

Your reasoning for wanting a change is that you feel the people in charge are abusing their power.

There is a process in place for this very instance. If you think a faction leader is abusing their power, you contact the administration with proof.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Hexx - 06-14-2011

I don't love the system that's in place, but if it is in place, I simply don't agree with your apparent lockdown of all tech, Zelot and Bindo.

You should judge each request as it appears, and allow or reject accordingly. If a large group asks for tech? You have reason to deny them tech. If someone is allowed tech on a singular level, then betrays you, it's only one player. Put him on a hitlist and move on.

I just don't agree with barring everyone in such a blindly blanketed manner.

' Wrote:You don't have to approve every request, and honestly, not everyone wants it. Personally, yes, I'd love to actually have an Order Odin. But I like my Nephthys, Bastet. I like my Guardian.

Yes, have restrictions, but not so many

Of course you don't have to approve all of them, but you do have to deal with all of them. If you don't deal with them, people complain you are abusing your power.

The majority of requests are utter crap. "Hai. I wantz your guns. Give them to me."