Discovery Gaming Community
Remaining two sleeper ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Remaining two sleeper ships (/showthread.php?tid=62199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Remaining two sleeper ships - Hielor - 06-27-2011

' Wrote:Yes. There's already tons of systems. Not much more and it would derp.

However, I think the idea of finding some sort of some way back to a desolate Sol would be pretty coolbeans. Every faction raging over control of earth or whatever.

But thats offtopic anyway. herp
Sol ain't there anymore, it got blowed up by nomads.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Jeremy Hunter - 06-27-2011

' Wrote:Sol ain't there anymore, it got blowed up by nomads.

Hence, why we are not caring about Sol.

But if there's a new sleeper ship, its gonna be Israel.

Why?

Because Israel just doesn't die

Remaining two sleeper ships - Politus - 06-27-2011

' Wrote:Sol ain't there anymore, it got blowed up by nomads.
Well, the sun got blown up, searing more or less everything with the heat of its explosion; there'd likely be debris, etc. Not to mention Pluto, which iirc was untouched: Didn't the narrator of the Freelancer intro leave a secret base on Pluto to warn the folks of Sirius, or some such nonsense?

Remaining two sleeper ships - Jeremy Hunter - 06-27-2011

' Wrote:Well, the sun got blown up, searing more or less everything with the heat of its explosion; there'd likely be debris, etc. Not to mention Pluto, which iirc was untouched: Didn't the narrator of the Freelancer intro leave a secret base on Pluto to warn the folks of Sirius, or some such nonsense?
colonel Atticus Rockford hid on the dark side of Pluto and managed to survive, then began travelling to the Sirius Sector.

I think he,founded the original Order of Cincinnatus, whihc then became The Order, that faction people absolutely hate.

' Wrote:colonel Atticus Rockford hid on the dark side of Pluto and managed to survive, then began travelling to the Sirius Sector.

I think he,founded the original Order of Cincinnatus, whihc then became The Order, that faction people absolutely hate.
Right, knew it was Atticus Rock-something. Thought it was Rockwell for some reason.

' Wrote:Well, the sun got blown up, searing more or less everything with the heat of its explosion; there'd likely be debris, etc. Not to mention Pluto, which iirc was untouched: Didn't the narrator of the Freelancer intro leave a secret base on Pluto to warn the folks of Sirius, or some such nonsense?
But there wouldn't be much light, since the nearest star would be over 4 ly away.

' Wrote:But there wouldn't be much light, since the nearest star would be over 4 ly away.
True. Regardless, it's a game, and it would still be cool to explore the remnants of Sol.

edit: I'd imagine that there'd be something left of Sol itself if the Nomad weapon made it go supernova. Don't Supernovae leave something behind? Neutron stars 'n' Black Holes being among the things left behind by such events?

Remaining two sleeper ships - Hone - 06-27-2011

Sol blown up? Coalition propaganda to throw the alliance houses off guard for the coming coalition sirius invasion.

A "re-taking of sol" story, for future mod updates would be THE awesome move.

And as for OC/Sairs, I agree both have a bit of both, but I think most sairs were italians, and most OCs were spanish - pretorian, imperator, legate ect. Not that it matters now, as everyone (except gallia) speaks english.

' Wrote:Sol blown up? Coalition propaganda to throw the alliance houses off guard for the coming coalition sirius invasion.

A "re-taking of sol" story, for future mod updates would be THE awesome move.
Uh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsWPFUzxgRU

Yeah, not exactly Coalition propaganda. It's apparently canon for the disco universe.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Hone - 06-27-2011

No way, that got cut out, so its non canon.