Discovery Gaming Community
Freeport 7 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Freeport 7 (/showthread.php?tid=6500)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Freeport 7 - MB52 - 02-27-2008

FP7 was in the sigmas, a omicron lost was only made for the cinematic.

In fact Omicron lost isn't supposed to exist.

Freeport 7 - Jwnantze - 02-27-2008

mb52 isw correct, thats why we can put FP 7 back in without effecting SP. As for the attack, it was caused by the active artifact that the 'thief' had, not its position or importance.

Freeport 7 - Donutman - 06-05-2008

i think a lot of you are forgetting that.............omicron..........lost..........dosnt.............exist.............In.....................vanilla............and..........
the.............debris...........field..........is...........in.........sigma..........17.........

Freeport 7 - AdamantineFist - 06-05-2008

' Wrote:Since we seem to be arguing about where Freeport 7 is...er.....was... Think of it this way. The nomads were released from that planet there in lost, right? It cant be sigma 19-17 or whatever it was, because theres only one planet there, and its populated. Also, I doubt that the Nomads would make their first move in Sigma whatever, when there were people in their...front yard, in Lost, or where ever. In other news.. We should add a docking ring to the Nomad City. Simple really, make a copy of the current one, for MP usage. Modify the Jumpholes there to use the new one. Add a docking ring in front of the city. Voila! Unless people want to make custom docking rings and mooring fixtures, since Nomads using Human Docking rings and bases...seems kinda....strange.

I think they came from Planet Xerna, in Iota. Probably the Dyson Sphere, too.

Freeport 7 - kingvaillant - 06-05-2008

Grave dig? please let this one die

Freeport 7 - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 06-05-2008

That big huge purple planet makes no sense what is it?

Freeport 7 - AdamantineFist - 06-05-2008

Gas giant, probably.

Freeport 7 - Carlos_Benitez - 06-08-2008

Freeport 7 was in Sigma 17. It was obvious from the cutscene, and the debris in the area today makes it even more blatantly obvious.

It is my opinion that Freeport 7 was a Liberty Outpost (unthinkable, I know) in the Sigmas, probably watched over by the LSF and Ageria.
I make the connection with Ageria because Sigma 17 is one of those systems on the edge of Gate/Laned space. This suggests the gate to 17 was new, and it's reasonable to assume that Agria was partly involved with Freeport 7 due to it's investment in the area. Sigma-17 also has a Cryer Base, who are based in Liberty.
It would therefore be reasonable that Liberty take an intrest in the security of the system due to the significant investment of Liberty companies in the area.

This explains the presence Liberty fighters, the design of the station (west point with added bits) and also explains why the Freeport 7 survivors where taken to NY rather than somewhere else.

Freeport 7 - Robert.Fitzgerald - 06-08-2008

While this may seem like a grave dig...

The actual Freeport 7 cutscene is filmed in Omicron Lost. In fact, the system is actually noted as "Fp_07_system" (or something similar).

Why Liberty fighters were there? No idea. Probably laziness I'd presume. If it's an Ageira/Cryer base, then why is it noted as a Freeport? Why are traders and freelancers going there for some credit opportunities? Seems to be more like a Zoner base. I suspect it was lazy developers who added in Defender patrols, so Trent started in New York instead of a Zoner base. Strange way of thinking, right?

Freeport 7 - Carlos_Benitez - 06-08-2008

The IMG run a freeport in Magellan, it's not inconcievable that a coalition of Liberty companies could run one in the edgeworlds.