Discovery Gaming Community
JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! (/showthread.php?tid=6783)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - Magoo! - 03-08-2008

Okay, aside from the handful of us that do RP mercs/BH's, it is getting out of hand. Like that idiot Hunter tagged and ID'd as such flying a Bretonian BS. Gah... Just because the license says BS's, doesn't mean you can fly whatever! I dislike this individual because its so outrageous that the Armed Forces would supposedly hand one over.

Complete lack of RP.

JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - sovereign - 03-08-2008

' Wrote:Okay, aside from the handful of us that do RP mercs/BH's, it is getting out of hand. Like that idiot Hunter tagged and ID'd as such flying a Bretonian BS. Gah... Just because the license says BS's, doesn't mean you can fly whatever! I dislike this individual because its so outrageous that the Armed Forces would supposedly hand one over.

Complete lack of RP.

Agreed. Better fitting IDs are in order, methinks. Hmm, should I bump the pirate (Bundies are NOT pirates unless they have to, btw...) ID discussion? Methinks I should, but I'll wait for input before doing so.

JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - Xing - 03-08-2008

the following line should be added to every ID:
"... may fly corresponding faction's [insert allowed ship class]"

JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - Dopamino - 03-08-2008

Brilliant, Xing. Submit it, por favor.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=4332&st=40

JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - David Grau - 03-09-2008

Yesterday I took Klaudia's ship through NB and a BH sees me and says, "Engaging Junker" Then he starts charging at me and opens fire. So I fire back and do some damage, cease fire, and tell the BH to back off. He did so for it was reasonable to assume Klaudia had the advantage.

I then demanded that he explain his actions, and why he attacked me. His answer was as follows: "Because you are Junker."

My bay had crew and scrap metal, no bh pilots no illegal cargo and I don't believe their to be a bounty on her ship. However the simple truth is Junkers are not kos by bh just for being Junkers. I explained to this guy that although our factions don't like each other we are not kos. I said if a Junker has illegal cargo and doesn't drop it for you..kill him. If a Junker has bh pilots in hold...you can attack. If a Junker is attacking other bh you are clear to help against the Junker. If the police are after a Junker you may join in, or if there is a bounty for that Junker. He thanked more for explaining it to him, claiming he was still getting used to the rp of a BH.

I talked to cowboy later that day and I asked why he never tried to kos my Junkers. His response was that we were not enemies, and he agreed with my statements in the paragraph above. We need a good BH player like him to create a written guide for prospective BH players and players already BH that don't quite get the role. A guide for mercs wouldn't hurt either.

Also BHL sam loved to attack my Junkers just for being Junkers. He even fired on me once after he gave his word that he wouldn't. He claimed he wanted to see the Junker Id. After reading it he said, "It says you can pirate and demand cargo."

I responded by saying, "Yeah, but I don't!" (Which is true, we(we as in the Grau family) don't pirate.)

He said, "Well it says you can, and therefor you are pirate." He then proceeded to open fire again after having said he would not.

A few days prior to that he felt that he had the right to demand I leave nb space when I had no illegal cargo and was in a mining ship. Now, do bh actually have the right to demand you leave space that is not theirs? If RM says leave I will, if SA or LSF or any other police force says to leave police space I will, but what right does a bh have to do that?

JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - jonhpath - 03-09-2008

EDIT: edited my post on demand. Sorry i dint think before posting

JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - sovereign - 03-09-2008

EDIT: Thank you for your swift response.

JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - Horon - 03-09-2008

Seriously you need to edit that like he said, Thats like me giving a performable example of how to bypass the speed mod detector that I am aware of and then people use it and a bunch of people are cheating because of me.

JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - jonhpath - 03-09-2008

Speed mod detector? That got to be the reason i got called a hacker... i got a truster boost for about 5 sec i was going at --- then slowed down to normal speed. and yes, my TRUSTER witch kindoff made me out of battle faster then i waned to (was traveline to omnicon alpha).

EDIT: dont bother looking for my char name or unban or whatever i dont have it anymore anyway.

JEEZ! PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB IN THEIR BHG CHARACTERS! - sovereign - 03-09-2008

' Wrote:Speed mod detector? That got to be the reason i got called a hacker... i got a truster boost for about 5 sec i was going at --- then slowed down to normal speed. and yes, my TRUSTER witch kindoff made me out of battle faster then i waned to (was traveline to omnicon alpha).

EDIT: dont bother looking for my char name or unban or whatever i dont have it anymore anyway.

Thank you for responding quickly. I edited my post as well, as it may have been too revealing.

Anyway, perhaps restricting BHG to bounties, cargoscan, and self defense could work. Well, that and their war with the order. Suggestions?

BTW, I noticed my name was on half of the 'most recent post by' names. Backing out for another day or so.