Discovery Gaming Community
Leaving the fight, fighters vs caps - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Leaving the fight, fighters vs caps (/showthread.php?tid=7241)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Leaving the fight, fighters vs caps - Robert.Fitzgerald - 04-02-2008

The rule is in place to prevent pvp-whores I guess. I know its a clunky rule, with different rules for traders and combat vessels... But it works. Maybe traders should be forced to find a new route until the 4 hours is up/pirate leaves the system, but that's another discussion entirely.

Captainpoo: If one person leaves the fight for any reason, with cruise engines or in an escape pod, it counts as a "death".
Also, if a battle is called a draw, I would not reengage the other guy for 4 hours, as I just fought him. But I'd remain in the system, as the fight has no real winner...

Leaving the fight, fighters vs caps - Varyag - 04-03-2008

Actually, I really see the way we assault New York as the most realistic way. A light fighter is, in my opinion, the absolute best ship for this purpose. A capital ship fleet would be completely unrealistic. The local pirates could never assemble enough ships to take on a capital navy. It would be like Somalian pirates in speed boats taking on a carrier task force. It would ,however, be completely logical for a fighter or two to sneak in take out a defined target and zoom out before the navy can scramble an answer to it. Also, you have to realize that when I do attack, my goal is not always to hurt another ship, even though it is a bonus. Seven times out of ten I am causing a distraction for some other purpose and I leave at my earliest convenience when the mission is complete. The RP is not always clear to the lawfulls, tis life.

Remember, the original post wasn't about how bad and evil caps are, but rather a discussion of the stipulations behind disengaging from an area when there is no hope of victory and yet your purpose is completed successfully. Example: LF vs. Cruiser after target fighter is destroyed.

As for three bombers and a light fighter making a planned strike against a lone Dreadnaught without fighter cover that took just a couple minutes to accomplish. I doubt having shielded NPCs would have assisted anyone. The obvious outcome would have still happened and is a perfect example of a hit and fade.

Basilisk

Leaving the fight, fighters vs caps - [RoS]silent_assasin82 - 04-06-2008

Yes its fine saying you shouldnt be dead if you have to run. BUT what about in a large battle when you cant keep an eye on every fighter. 1 can just slip out and go re-gen. So the rule does have reason.

But the part about having a fight with another fighter or fighters. And caps role in and ruin it. Well i think its up to the fighters involved that the cap ships are there to assist just asking them to keep out. It works for us if we do it. Give it a try.