Discovery Gaming Community
New admins needed? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: New admins needed? (/showthread.php?tid=7298)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New admins needed? - old.steel - 03-28-2008

' Wrote:Putting a poll about this is pointless but voting for it is more than pointless..

signed

New admins needed? - Korrd - 03-28-2008

' Wrote:I'm more than happy to hear that you are not worked to death. I'd like to ask a question that do you do anything else in Disco than admin work? Play the game?
As a player, I used to be quite active. Playing no less than 2 hours a day in here. But as my life is going now, I have little time to do other than Admin stuff here. You can see that my [scout]voyager character is on sometimes, but rarely more than 30-45 minutes on, and not on a daily basis.

So, basically, I don't play often.

New admins needed? - kacijon - 03-28-2008

yes more admins are needed

New admins needed? - Snapp - 03-28-2008

I know i'm new and may not know much but i would be willing to help out.

I live on the eastern side of the US and i usually only play late at night so most of the time when im on theres only 50 or so people on the server. Very rarely ill see an admin on at the times im around.

I also live with my grandfather and help take care of him, so im at home and have alot of time on my hands to be online. I don't play any other online games, and dont waste my time with other servers...

New admins needed? - uspatriotsf - 03-28-2008

If the point of having more Admins would be to have one online at all times, than this is a completely moot point. You could have 15 Admins and that aint gonna happen. Im online every single day, just not always with my Admin character (I still wanna play too ya know). We have 7 Admins right now, for now that is plenty. Granted only 4 us usually handle player issues (i.e. sanctions), but again, for now that is enough.

Im gonna regret doing this but here goes. Here are some of my independent characters should you absolutely need something from an Admin:

[T]Fred.Smith
CRI-Specimen092
Tristan.M.Douglas

But I do ask that if contacting me as an Admin in these characters that it be in Private Chat only and be at least minimally important.

New admins needed? - Boss - 03-28-2008

I don't know that more admins are needed. I do think, though, that some people with very limited power be present at all times to help with all of the stuff going on in New York. I'm not out to change anyone's mind in anything, I just feel that the OORP in NY is getting absurd.

New admins needed? - Vero - 03-28-2008

The Admins on Disco do an excellent job but no matter how good they are there will always be issues that some feel are not handled in a timely manner.

Additional Admins or even server police would not guarantee 24/7 coverage.

I have been an Admin and server police on a once very popular server. At one time we had 25+ Judges (server police) from all across the globe and we still couldnt get 24/7 coverage.
Also without constant mature guidance a server police group can easily slip into an elitist club. I dont think Server police is the answer for Discovery.

The success of this community should not rest on the shoulders of a few. It should be carried by all of us. Dont try to get the Admins to be responsible for correcting everyone who steps out of line or catching every cheater. If you see someone breaking the rules send him/her a PM and gently guide them in the right direction. If they refuse to follow the rules then get the screen shots and file the sanction report. Those who dont play the Discovery way will either get the hint or end up gone. Either way the community benefits.

New admins needed? - Dab - 03-28-2008

' Wrote:If the point of having more Admins would be to have one online at all times, than this is a completely moot point. You could have 15 Admins and that aint gonna happen. Im online every single day, just not always with my Admin character (I still wanna play too ya know). We have 7 Admins right now, for now that is plenty. Granted only 4 us usually handle player issues (i.e. sanctions), but again, for now that is enough.

Im gonna regret doing this but here goes. Here are some of my independent characters should you absolutely need something from an Admin:

[T]Fred.Smith
CRI-Specimen092
Tristan.M.Douglas

But I do ask that if contacting me as an Admin in these characters that it be in Private Chat only and be at least minimally important.
Merc, you just guaranteed yourself a ton of in-game chat.. You guys are spammed by players when on your admin chars enough from what I gather, now everyone knows three of your indies.:P

Anyway, a few more admins can't hurt too much, but it isn't going to do that much good either. Its the quality of the admins, not the quantity.

New admins needed? - trekster - 03-28-2008

First of all I voted Other I think the admins are doing a great job as they have RL stuff to handle.

But I would like to see Angels get more members (I think they are now)
More training sessions with new people on the rules and how to start on Discovery

New admins needed? - sovereign - 03-29-2008

' Wrote:First of all I voted Other I think the admins are doing a great job as they have RL stuff to handle.

But I would like to see Angels get more members (I think they are now)
More training sessions with new people on the rules and how to start on Discovery

Forget voting.

However, if Angels keep getting new members they had better not keep using OOC in system.

No, that was not a joke. It happened while we were on LPI.

Stop staring at me, I'm not kidding!

----------------------------------------

Yes, I just said an Angel used OOC in system, and then when I did what I could to combat it in-RP (as far as RP is concerned, opening a message with '//' can be considered rude or at least bad form, yes?), and got another OOC reply. In system. Not too hard to take to PMs, no? Pah.