Discovery Gaming Community
Guild Wars 2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Guild Wars 2 (/showthread.php?tid=74331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Guild Wars 2 - _FUNK - 07-27-2012

The game got pretty bad when they created the Factions expansion. We can all agree that this was the moment when it all went downhill... As soon as they added the assassin class. At this point your argument becomes valid, BaconSoda. Before that it was really awesome and it provided unique fun.:PNot to mention that some of the balance problems were ridiculous as f*ck. Ranger spirit spam, necromancer minion factory, E/Mo ether renewal - 3 teams like that meet in a map in Tombs = epic times:D

The good part is, that now I've got a PC that can actually withstand the pressure of WvWvW battles without having fps drops to 4-5 fps @ low settings. But there is another month to wait X_X.

Guild Wars 2 - Loken - 07-27-2012

The Assassin class is still around, it's just called Thief now.

I agree with Guild Wars going downhill around the time of Factions, that's when I stopped playing.

Guild Wars 2 - _FUNK - 07-27-2012

It's still around, but the guild wars 1 mechanics, within which the class was totally odd, are not.:PThe Thief makes sense in this game (though a class with such stealth capabilities is a bit outrageous to have in any competitive game, or even e-sport, but that will become balanced as we go). The classes appear very similar, but really - they have nothing in common with the classes from the first game, except in visual art concept and skill names. Mesmer doesn't exist anymore, for example. The ranger is now a warrior. The thief is a ranger. The elementalist with these attunement switches is absolutely different as well (for the better, in this case). It goes on like this. In some cases the changes are quite good, in other, like the mesmer - the sexiness was removed. To be honest I never liked what a mesmer could do, but the fact that it could was pretty amazing. Such denial capabilities I have not seen in any other game. Being able to shut down your opponent like that...

Guild Wars 2 - Loken - 08-25-2012

So it's out for people that pre-purchased. I'm playing on Dragonrend with some people from Freeworlds Tides of War, anyone else playing yet?

Guild Wars 2 - Soul Reaper - 08-26-2012

Just purchased it today, downloading now.

Will probably be playing an Asura Necromancer as my main, and ye Loken, I'm playing along with Mike and Dave. Might make a guild and such, catch me on skype whenever.

Guild Wars 2 - Silmathien - 08-26-2012

Servers are getting overrunned anyways. I'll wait 2 weeks and read statements, before consider playing it so early.

Guild Wars 2 - NixOlympica - 08-26-2012

Tarnished Coast here.
Sylvari mesmer.

Guild Wars 2 - Loken - 08-26-2012

' Wrote:Servers are getting overrunned anyways. I'll wait 2 weeks and read statements, before consider playing it so early.
Login server was down for a bit on the 25th, but it's been fine and stable since; no lag and no waiting times.

Guild Wars 2 - jakub963 - 08-27-2012

Strolling around with bomb-throwing salad (sylvari engineer). Its... Interesting sight. Blacktide here.

Guild Wars 2 - Soul Reaper - 08-28-2012

I'm rolling with Asura Elementalist. Burnin', drownin', zappin' and crumblin' like a boss.

Also, just tried to log in 5 minutes ago, there was a patch and now I can't log in for some reason. Tells me I encountered and error and that my game client can't get access to the game server. I checked my firewall setting again and everything, nothing changed, didn't have this problem before.

Anyone else got that?

Oh, also seems like the forums are down as well...something must be going on.