Discovery Gaming Community
[A51] Asylum 51 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [A51] Asylum 51 (/showthread.php?tid=7495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

[A51] Asylum 51 - sovereign - 04-24-2008

' Wrote:We considered coming in as pirates, but since this place is saturated with them, we chose something to counteract.
I've never docked on Crete, Mule. Get your facts straight. That was another that unfortunately didn't realize he was in the wrong and has since been informed.
Of course we have battlecruisers, we plan on diverging on the nomads in the Omicrons. And, have done this a few times. You haven't seen us that many times, otherwise you'd know we have just as many fighters and bombers and a couple of gunboats as well. We just don't take them to go against the Nommies. LOL fighting a Nomad BS in a bomber...LOL I did it once....poof!

As for the Rheinland BS, yup, we scavanged one from Sigma 13. It'll work quite well against the Nomads, Order, and other unlawfuls that choose to come against us. Oh wait, that'd be you...now I know why you object so vehemently.

Firstly, there are more bounty hunters than pirates. You only see them when traders post bounties on pirates, but then they are out in force. Record is 20 in one system, all after a single VHF, I recall.

Secondly, I've knocked around my share of Nomad Battleships, often with a pair of them firing me. And I always use bombers, why would I use a battlecruiser? With a battlecruiser, you get hit. Learn to dodge, it isn't that hard. Seriously, I got undock killed in Kappa twice, and since then I've never gotten hit by NPC caps, and only a few times by player caps- usually when I stop to type some RP. Map the strafe keys if you haven't already.

Rheinland Battleship? Good vs Nomads? Pfah, you'll be able to muscle NPC patrols, but people do that in gunboats, bombers, and occasionally VHFs all the time... if the Harbinger shows up, you are dead. Unless, of course, you have your pile of battlecruisers, against the entire fleet of one Nomad battleship, accompanied by gunboats on down, which would just make you ***holes.

And there is NO WAY IN HELL you could scavenge it from S-13. You'd have to get your ships past the junkers for the... week and a half? it would take to drag it out of system, which is just impossible, then mystically generate the plans since its in such disrepair (read: split in three, crushed, filled with explosive gas, rusted, and otherwise mangled), somehow acquire the proper materials, and have your pile of crazies to stay attentive long enough to get the wiring fixed? Only people who could maybe do that are Junkers, and they just wouldn't.

The last bit you put in there is just- :angry2:if you don't feel bad for it, I pity the black, crusted abomination that was your heart. People don't object your pathetic excuse for it giving you power, they object because its a pathetic excuse. Trust me, deck out your entire flotilla of battlecruisers and RH battleship, and let my side have me, dBoy, and 2-3 others in bombers. You wouldn't stand a chance.

[A51] Asylum 51 - Why? - 04-24-2008

' Wrote:...I was once a noob, ...

This is an insult. No one in A51 is a noob to anything. They are new to this server. Please choose your words more wisely.

At this time there has been no word on the A51 trying to become an official anything. Instead of just trying to attack them, how about trying to figure out whom they are first, or maybe politely trying to figure out what direction they are going.

Or suggestions or ideas presented in a positive light. There is no need for negative attacks.

DBoy is very capable of speaking for himself. Let him do that, piling on just is not necessary. If the A51 wants to convince him, they will open dialogue with him, and him alone.

Extraneous chatter otherwise does not help anything.

' Wrote:But they didn't seem to be doing anything of note, wrong or right. If this group has ANY inclination of becoming official, get your shiza together, get your RP straight, and treat those that have been here a while, aka the ones who ultimately decide whether you're going to be here or now, with respect.

Please show where the A51 has been disrespectful to anyone? They have been attacked by the community, and have most certainly not returned such attacks.

The community gains nothing by attacking everyone that comes along. It could lose quite a bit though.

It costs nothing to be pleasant.

[A51] Asylum 51 - Muleo - 04-24-2008

' Wrote:OK, first off, we have plenty of Bounty Hunter factions, i believe it's 2 official and 1 near (that would be the Bounty Hunter Legion, which has been started by me:D). Secondly, BH's have great ships to use.

There are no BHG tag, BH IDed official factions. Theres the Mandalorians, Merc ID, and Dark Wing, also Merc ID.
If BHL get's approved, which I hope it does, would be the first BHG official faction.

[A51] Asylum 51 - Raekur - 04-24-2008

Hey guys, welcome to Discovery.
Don't feel too put off, DarkWing got a similar "Warm" welcome and jumped on about our beginning ships after we asked what was allowed and then found out that the information provided was a complete lie.

Oh, as to the too many bounty hunter factions.

There are i think 3 Bounty Hunter groups currently and at least 6 Pirate/Terrorist groups.
So I fail to see how another organized Bounty Hunter group off balances things.

[A51] Asylum 51 - Kuraine - 04-24-2008

Quote:As for the Rheinland BS, yup, we scavanged one from Sigma 13

And you think that the Junkers are just going to let you waltz in there and drag away their lovely scrap? And what's more, let BOUNTY HUNTERS haul it away? Not a chance.

As for the other stuff, its an interesting proposal and sounds quite a fun roleplay opportunity, but please, please, PLEASE stick to bounty hunter fighters and bombers. Seriously. Don't even bother with gunboats. Or if you really must, have 1 gunboat for every 5 members in bombers and fighters. Oh, and use ONLY Bounty Hunter weaponry, or codename weaponry. Don't use Nomad tech or anyone else's guns. Now, you probably already know all that anyway, and this isn't meant to be attacking you, but just a bit of helpful advice, lest you fall into the pitfalls of pretty much every other bounty hunter around on the server (excluding the few decent ones out there, i'm sure there must be one or two. The only good one i've ever encountered was Cheshire).

If you manage to go through all this and actually follow it decently, you'll be about the best thing that ever happened to bounty hunters in Disco. If not, well...you'll end up going the way of the rest, unfortunately.

[A51] Asylum 51 - Turkish - 04-24-2008

I'm sorry but I fail to see how you would A). Manage to haul away a large skeletal wreck of a battleship without anyone noticing or B). Get away with hauling away and repairing the massive hull damage and deploying the battleship.

It just seems highly implausible to me, and a bit like an RP story thrown together to justify your hot new battleship.

[A51] Asylum 51 - DW-Suzanna - 04-24-2008

Welcome A51)) Its good to see our old friends and allies from a galaxy far away, here in Disovery.
Have fun guys I am sure you will ;)

[A51] Asylum 51 - sovereign - 04-24-2008

' Wrote:This is an insult. No one in A51 is a noob to anything. They are new to this server. Please choose your words more wisely.

At this time there has been no word on the A51 trying to become an official anything. Instead of just trying to attack them, how about trying to figure out whom they are first, or maybe politely trying to figure out what direction they are going.

Or suggestions or ideas presented in a positive light. There is no need for negative attacks.

DBoy is very capable of speaking for himself. Let him do that, piling on just is not necessary. If the A51 wants to convince him, they will open dialogue with him, and him alone.

Extraneous chatter otherwise does not help anything.
Please show where the A51 has been disrespectful to anyone? They have been attacked by the community, and have most certainly not returned such attacks.

The community gains nothing by attacking everyone that comes along. It could lose quite a bit though.

It costs nothing to be pleasant.

Okay, first off, the mention of dBoy in my previous post was a reference to his stellar bomber skills, not me speaking for him.

Secondly, how is a discussion of your flimsy explanation of a RH battleship 'extraneous chatter'? Unless you were referring to my unfriendly discourse on your pile'o'battlecruisers, in which case I REALLY have no pity.

The disrespect bit... err, if you'll look back on the first page or too, you'll see a lot of encouragement. Then we notice the RH battleship, and you openly stating that you fill out your members with a solid wall of battlecruisers, in essence because you think everything smaller sucks, and battleships are too expensive. WELCOME TO CAP-WHORING. There is no better example of why people take capships than that- seriously, I've read the scant bit of your RP that's posted, and there is no way anyone with the resources to outfit ex-military crazies with a fleet capable of invading Rheinland would EVER do it. Saying you use them because they're better, and being PROUD of that, makes a little piece of me wither and die.

Then, you start snapping because we get unhappy... really now, if a flotilla of BHG battlecruisers showed up to handle your fighter squadron you might be SLIGHTLY MIFFED, don't you think? Oh wait, you don't HAVE a fighter squadron. Nevermind then.

Quote:Oh, as to the too many bounty hunter factions.

There are i think 3 Bounty Hunter groups currently and at least 6 Pirate/Terrorist groups.
So I fail to see how another organized Bounty Hunter group off balances things.

About that, allow me to illustrate the comparison you *should* have done- lawfuls/unlawfuls. If the server was just bounty hunters vs. pirates, I would go hang myself. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. Despite being the only people with a Sirius-wide scope, other than Zoners, that does NOT make you the only enemies of unlawfuls. Firstly, we have to deal with the overloaded trader weaponry, second, the police and military, and third, the bounty hunters just itching to fight. More often than not, we're outnumbered the other way, at least 3:1. You may be omnipresent, but if you think you're all that matters we have some serious talking to do.

Darkwings, while getting a nice toasty response to your pile of assault carriers, agreed to fix it when they realized what went on. Despite some suspicious circumstances (since when do you give 'the new guy' an assault carrier without pointing him at the rules first?), they've come around, and had a legitimate reason for the most of the community's issues.

You guys, however, have pretty much declared yourselves cap-whores, pulled the lamest pathetic RP excuse in the book to get yourselves a Rheinland battleship, and when probed, fly into a superiority complex.

There is hope yet. Its only one apology and some 20 sold battlecruisers + battleship away. If you REALLY care for the community we have here, you'd do it. At least the apology bit.

[A51] Asylum 51 - cmfalconer - 04-24-2008

Quote:Oh, as to the too many bounty hunter factions.There are i think 3 Bounty Hunter groups currently and at least 6 Pirate/Terrorist groups.So I fail to see how another organized Bounty Hunter group off balances things.

Um, this is because there's a bunch of NPC Pirate factions, but 1 BHG NPC faction. :dry:

Quote:This is an insult. No one in A51 is a noob to anything. They are new to this server. Please choose your words more wisely.

Uh, yeah, you are. To this server. Words were chosen wisely. As it's been said to many different people, many different times before, no one gives two left toes about what you've done elsewhere, you're new here.

Quote:As for the Rheinland BS, yup, we scavanged one from Sigma 13. It'll work quite well against the Nomads, Order, and other unlawfuls that choose to come against us. Oh wait, that'd be you...now I know why you object so vehemently.

:lol:Um, not only would you have to get past the Junkers, who would blow the crap out of you, but also ALG and Helgoland, which has been CONTRACTED to clean up the debris field. I'll grab my Taiidan, and bring another bomber along, and you'll be flying a smoking heap really quick.

[A51] Asylum 51 - Raekur - 04-24-2008

1. I think A51 has gotten the message about the battleship. They are not as hard of hearing as several other people here. No need to repeat the same thing half a dozen times.

2. cmfalconer - I suggest you go back and read what i posted again. Then read it another time. You might notice then that i said GROUP in the last part of that not FACTION. My reference was to organized Groups/Clans that are present here.

Soverign - 3 to 1 odds??? When and against that group? Or are you talking about the uncontrolled independents out there? You should have seen Sigma 13 today. It had a nice little FLEET of pirates in it today. No less then 8 ranging from fighters to cruisers and not a lawful in sight. The only lawful faction around at the time was Darkwing and even with that there was only 1. A RH did show up later, spent his time scanning cargo. So please stop with the pity the pirate party.