Discovery Gaming Community
AI ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: AI ID (/showthread.php?tid=77147)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

AI ID - Hielor - 03-31-2012

' Wrote:Are you going to treat a Outcast in a transport carrying goods under the rules of a pirate? Because they fall under the rules of 6.6, like every trader, which in effect makes them traders whether smuggling or not. You can call them a pirate, frankly you can call them whatever you want, but the rules portray them in that situation as traders.
Absolutely they're pirates.

Where'd they get that transport full of goods?

They probably stole it.

AI ID - Daedric - 03-31-2012

' Wrote:You wanna talk about subjective views? Then lets talk about the many ways to view a yin yang. My opinion of it as it partakes to RP and PVP is different then yours, too bad. If you want to roll with your cocktail blend of 10% RP and 90% PVP, go right ahead. Yin and yang are always opposite and equal quantities.

You fail to understand that PvP encounters are role play encounters. Thus, PvP is RP. The difference between a RP server and a PvP server is very simple: One requires role play in order to PvP and the other does not.

Your issue is that you don't really understand what role play is. It isn't talking. It is the act of playing a role - that means if your role is to shoot, you shoot. To talk, you talk. You think that role play is just typing a bunch of text when in fact that is but a mere part of what role playing is.

' Wrote:and thus valid targets for an AI.
Then by default you have just separated every ID into two categories, lawful and pirate since about half the ID's contain a line about demanding cargo, or fines, or whatever. Forget about quasi lawful, neutral, or anything else. Since your your only relying on one line of text to tell what someone is then I guess I can go ahead and call Bounty Hunters pirates. Because after all, their ID contains that exact line, since were only relying on that single phrase and saying screw everything else that happens to be in the ID or even their very name.

Are you going to treat a Outcast in a transport carrying goods under the rules of a pirate? Because they fall under the rules of 6.6, like every trader, which in effect makes them traders whether smuggling or not. You can call them a pirate, frankly you can call them whatever you want, but the rules portray them in that situation as traders.

How about Junkers. They cant even pirate in house space, except in Kusari. Are you going to purely label them as pirates? They even fall under semi lawful. How about a police ID? Because after all, they can demand contraband which still happens to be cargo, and levy fines which is just a fancy way of saying demand credits.

You honestly have no idea what role play is.

AI ID - Butcher - 03-31-2012

nah apparently roleplay doesn't matter, because if a ID contains "may demand credits or cargo" by default no matter what else is in the ID, its a pirate by rules alone. Maybe if you would read you would know that I was referring in a rule sense. Oh yes of course, I have only been here 5 years, surely I have no clue what role play is. Once again YOUR subjective point of view. One in which I don't indulge in by passing off pure le pew as complete roleplay.

AI ID - JayDee Kasane - 03-31-2012

' Wrote:Uh...

Your AI can't attack BHG core unless they attack him first. Same with freelancers or Order.

aye, like YOUR words are correct. I described all possible situations when I can attack someone ''lawful'ish''
Im RPing as AI that kills all humans? No I dont. my AI attackes only non-humans (nomads, wilde, OCs) and those who makes danger to AIs. I was blown by BHG Core many times, and Order| engaged me right in front of my planet. I dont think that AI ''can defend but cant attack'' in that situations or after them. makes no sense ya know

' Wrote:aye, like YOUR words are correct. I described all possible situations when I can attack someone ''lawful'ish''
Im RPing as AI that kills all humans? No I dont. my AI attackes only non-humans (nomads, wilde, OCs) and those who makes danger to AIs. I was blown by BHG Core many times, and Order| engaged me right in front of my planet. I dont think that AI ''can defend but cant attack'' in that situations or after them. makes no sense ya know
It doesn't matter.

Rules are rules. The rules say that you can't up and engage people just because you want to.

' Wrote:It doesn't matter.

Rules are rules. The rules say that you can't up and engage people just because you want to.

looks like you really misunderstood or just dont care about what I sayed. I dont attack people becase ''I want to'', but because they showing hostility or agressive to me. btw, my AI seeks friends more then enemys :|
btw, show me where rules sayes that AI cant engage people. HERE is current AI ID. nothing about ''cant attack people''. if someone shows agressive to you he turns ''terrorist'' to you. rules are rules, but RP more important and it over-rides rules sometimes.
there is over9000 examples of AIs attacking people in movies or other games btw...

AI ID - Laerethe - 03-31-2012

' Wrote:looks like you really misunderstood or just dont care about what I sayed. I dont attack people becase ''I want to'', but because they showing hostility or agressive to me. btw, my AI seeks friends more then enemys :|
btw, show me where rules sayes that AI cant engage people. HERE is current AI ID. nothing about ''cant attack people''. if someone shows agressive to you he turns ''terrorist'' to you. rules are rules, but RP more important and it over-rides rules sometimes.
there is over9000 examples of AIs attacking people in movies or other games btw...

If you're actively abusing an oversight, you can get sanctioned. Just because it doesn't say you can't, doesn't mean you can.

It needs to say you CAN engage lawfuls for you to be able to.

' Wrote:looks like you really misunderstood or just dont care about what I sayed. I dont attack people becase ''I want to'', but because they showing hostility or agressive to me. btw, my AI seeks friends more then enemys :|
Just because an ID doesn't say you *can't* do something doesn't mean you *can.*

Obviously if a lawful has attacked you, you can defend yourself. Under no circumstances can you attack first.

And RP never overrides rules. Ever. Rules > RP.

you again huh? remember you flooding in |RR feedback
I already sayed all things I wanted to say about lawfuls-pirates-terrorists. if you blind or not intelligent to understand when rules means less then RP its not my fault.
purpose of my AI is to seek FRIENDS, but some players like to HATE AIs and call them toasters. they are my ENEMIES. if you dont think that AI can attack its enemy WHEN NEEDED ( NOT WHEN I WANT TO) you dont understand how it goes.

used CL to point main words here. AI ID was always misterious when it comes to PvP, but I figured how it might work if you knows AI as good as I do

AI ID - Stefz - 03-31-2012

It doesn't matter what your RP is. Rules are rules, and you must follow them. Hell, if that's not truth I would've got Nom stuff on my Outcast long time ago and go on a killing spree around Sirius. But no, rules prevent me.