Discovery Gaming Community
Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Traders destroying their cargo when pirated (/showthread.php?tid=77744)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - JayDee Kasane - 04-08-2012

dont expect traders just give you their cargo. 90% of them will try to kill you or run to base. or simply F1. yes, within RP you need to take goods from tranports, but when people trade they not RPing but trading. at least most of them. so do cash pirate or have enough force to blow trader untill he docks

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Stefan - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:Isn't the [U] trying to make an under-the-table deal with ALG right now? OH NO BAD RP BAD
Sorry, I don't see the point of this argument.

Standing by what I said, either going diplomatic on their end or pirating them for the cargo we need is still better rp than taking a walk to the sigmas to buy the commodity we need ourselves.

Really, Ursus, you lost me there.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Ursus - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:Sorry, I don't see the point of this argument.
I was addressing your comment that a Rogue couldn't go to town and buy stuff. You dont need to when you can pay somebody else to bring it to you. You are doing it yourself. Your argument is demonstrably absurd by your own actions.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Tachyon - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:Honestly at this point I expect you have it worked out in your head that military grunts should be afraid to confront pirates because they dont want to die either.

Ye, of course, I came here to analyse the psychology of military, trading personnel and random pirates, not really.

And, if you would be afraid of confronting pirates in the navy, it's not your job and you wouldn't go for a military career, if that matter for the thread in any way whatsoever.

So on a more related note, acquire cash piracy RP, be happy.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Stefan - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:And with all due respect, depending on the situation it makes much more sense to demand the cargo instead of credits. Or do you really expect a liberty rogue to go into Manhattan and ask "Hey, would you be so kind to take this money and go buy me some groceries?"
I see that my language barriers are taking their toll here.
What I'm trying to say here is that it is much easier for a pirate to demand cargo instead to going extra lenghts of trouble to find a middle man wishing to risk his reputation for money.

I'm not banning the 'middle-man' scenario, heck, I've worked with junkers 'cause of that.
I just consider cargo piracy much easier.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Adam_Spire - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:Sorry, I don't see the point of this argument.

Standing by what I said, either going diplomatic on their end or pirating them for the cargo we need is still better rp than taking a walk to the sigmas to buy the commodity we need ourselves.

Really, Ursus, you lost me there.

' Wrote:I was addressing your comment that a Rogue couldn't go to town and buy stuff. You dont need to when you can pay somebody else to bring it to you. You are doing it yourself. Your argument is demonstrably absurd by your own actions.

This thread will be locked in 5...4...3...2...

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - JayDee Kasane - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:This thread will be locked in 5...4...3...2...

posts like that nothing than flood that will brought to topic lock. so this is not Ursus/Lucad - its you

to Ursus: I dont see why pirate will pay to Smuggler for goods. What a point of being Pirate then? Corsairs for example have suppliers with food/materials. but they also raiding Dublin to get gold, Omegas to get diamonds and other staff. you know why? becasue they cant pay for goods if they dont have with what to pay. gold/diamonds/artifacts or simply cash. but they do need to have some of them to buy food/materials do they?

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Ursus - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:to Ursus: I dont see why pirate will pay to Smuggler for goods.
I'm actually in favor of cargo piracy. It's close to a fair fight, which is more than can be said for typical cau8 gunboat pirates or nova-bomber pirates.

The spcific comment was in response to the claim that traders shouldn't value the cargo highly--if life was so precious then pirates wouldn't be risking it for junk cargo either, they would hire a smuggler instead. Fact is nobody values life in this game and that is the way it should be. It's crutch RP to think it should be important for traders and then ignore it for everybody else.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Tachyon - 04-08-2012

Ursus, I think you missunderstodd the point of inRP cargo piracy; it's not about having that specific cargo, it's about getting any kind of cargo to make money out of it, not the other way around.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Black Widow - 04-08-2012

you wont be able to supply a base purely by pirating others. there are not enough traders dropping sufficient quantities of stuff your base need to survive!! That said OORP trading is thus inevitable!