Discovery Gaming Community
Hardest role to play - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Hardest role to play (/showthread.php?tid=7916)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Hardest role to play - MB52 - 04-21-2008

I voted Police, but I'm thinking Pirate is equally hard.

Its hard to RP with traders who don't say anything and prefer to die then hand over stuff...

Just earlier, I asked a trader for 100 unit of his cargo and he refused and preferred to die? Kinda odd..

Hardest role to play - Baltar - 04-21-2008

Voted Trader ... since most have a goal in mind and would rather not be bothered while they make the cash leading to the vessel they want so badly. Most traders have plans for their money and just wanna make it as quick as they can ... regardless of role play.

I can see Terrorists being a good second in difficulty. Reason is ... there's that gray area between role play and going on a PVP rampage. I applaud the admins decision to limit who gets this ID.

Hardest role to play - Kyte_ - 04-21-2008

Gonna go with Terrorist, not many about, but that is prolly better all around. The work that has to be done to get to be one, is pretty durn extensive, from what I've heard. I'm a trader, and it's not always a cake walk, but I cant' imagine playing a terrorist. But then... who knows, I might surprise myself and a few others one day.

See you in the black

Hardest role to play - Skyelius - 05-05-2008

Personally, I think RP'ing a trader is relatively easy if all you have to do is stop for scan on an area with an active lawful force or think what you should do if you have a pirate on your tail. Police is, well, police, and military is similar, too. Those are roles that depend on what position the roles of others take, and where they go. A terrorist doesn't have to explain his or her cause every time he or she kills (and terrorizes <.<), and the smart smuggler knows that anything said can be used in court against him, so..

I believe and voted for "Pirate" as the hardest role. Many people either RP or think about it as a role where you ask for a "tax" and kill them if they don't. Well, I've got news: A pirate is not a rogue IRS associate on a shore leave near areas known as 'trade routes'. No.. a real pirate has to think, anticipate, counter the moves of his 'bootyholder', and decide at the right time and the right place to be in order to either defend his/herself or run when a superior force opposes it.

That, and the fact that the way you ask, what you mention and when you ask the question (in what condition the trader's vessel is when you ask, and where), is vital to the success of said pirate.

About every opinion; respecting all others, and explaining mine.

Sky

Hardest role to play - Spacewolf - 05-05-2008

Pirate because its difficult to stay in char when traders start to make rules up so they can avoid paying you. After that i would say police since you would probly get the same problems with traders

Hardest role to play - Dab - 05-05-2008

Add Zoner or Neutral to the list.. Its the hardest.. I have pirates and police, and neither is as difficult as Zoner. Even when everyone hates my pirate..

Hardest role to play - Zelot - 05-05-2008

I voted for Bounty Hunter. I think very few of the bounty hunters RP it well, but done right I would think it would be the hardest to RP. Bounty Hunters should only be going after people with bounties on them, and then track them singlemindedly across siruis. That said bounty hunting is boring, waiting for a bounty to be placed, waiting to you see the subject of said bounty and then going for him/her. There is a lot of down time, just sitting around waiting for a chance to catch a person on your list. I don't think it's the most fun to RP, but may be the hardest to do well.

Hardest role to play - Qunitinius~Verginix - 05-05-2008

Terrorist. Hard to RP and not come over as an PvP whore.

Verg

Edited for dumbness

Hardest role to play - sovereign - 05-05-2008

Good god, why isn't Das Wilde on the list?

Hektor was a member of the Rheinland Military aboard the Battleship Jormungand, and infested there. He was handed some autonomy from the Nomad inhabiting him because, frankly, he was better at it, and didn't seem to mind following orders. When the Hypergates were activated, he had free reign for awhile but VOLUNTARILY flew his ship into hiding to wait for the Nomad to wake up. After a fun "chat", he flies with the Wild as they flee to Omicron Lost, and then from there into Omega 55. He's helping them voluntarily, and does a good job of it. At this point his Nomad can barely force him to do anything, but doesn't need to. He'll talk here and there about the Masters and the Lightbringers, but his mind is still his own.

Try RPing THAT. Mon'Star is just crazy, and that's why he's a traitor to mankind. Hektor is actually doing what he thinks is right, has an alien entity inhabiting him that has a completely different way of thinking that is utterly alien and nigh incomprehensible to us humans, and is totally okay with that. Then, of course, you get the urge to break RP and flame the people who capwhore you (I got shot up by an ALG tagged Rheinland Cruiser while I was in trade screen, stationary, didn't have a decent shield, had a whopping one gun, and no bots or bats. Wasn't even threatening anyone, just getting funding to buy equipment...), or the urge to flame the living hell out of people who will not shut up about "i want be in wild". Much as I'd like to, I can't even say "// go to www.discoverygc.com" in a PM. One of them pestered me for awhile, then when I tried to get him to bugger off in the best RP way possible told me he didn't speak English very well and couldn't decipher the relatively tame cryptic language I used.

>.<

Its tough. Its also great fun (usually- getting out to Delta, then getting nailed by sudden NPC Osiris spawn while in tradescreen was decidedly not cool, its like an hour flight...), but most certainly a challenge.

' Wrote:Terrorist. Hard to RP and not come over as an RP whore.

Verg

Actually, I don't think anyone minds RP whores. Heh, that's signature material there...

EDIT: You can't get away, Verg! We quoted it! Oh wait you're a mod who could just fix it there too- shutting up now.:D

Hardest role to play - n00bl3t - 05-05-2008

' Wrote:Terrorist. Hard to RP and not come over as an RP whore.

Verg

PVP whore right?

I wouldn't mind an RP whore, as long as they're will to go OORP for some things.:)