Discovery Gaming Community
Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS (/showthread.php?tid=79168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Pancakes - 05-24-2012

' Wrote:My solution:

Load the game, it lags and 1 FPS. I land, log out, close the Freelancer disco game, remove it from the task manager, restart the program, no lag, runs fine.
I'm not going to mess with files until 90% of the people say it works.

I checked this with Cannon. In fact, he told me how to do it initially. Is that good enough for you Mr. Spire?

EDIT:

Also Skullz, your problem is with data transfer nothing to do with the files (probably). This guide is to fix problems with FPS, not loss of data packets or delays in their deliver.
However, as a former ultra lagger (used to have ~1000 ping with very high lag and loss, Cannon might remember trying to help me to fix it), most of the time the problem is with the wireless connection, could be large metal objects, or even the placement of your wireless receiver being behind the computer (relatively to the router), I know since that stuff used to be the problem with my connection in the past, and when I switched to wired connection it was all gone.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - suleman.mehmood - 05-24-2012

This worked for me, Ping reduced to 100-200 from 500-1000 while lags reduced to 1-2 from 10-20.

Thanks !

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - M1cha37 - 05-29-2012

' Wrote:This worked for me, Ping reduced to 100-200 from 500-1000 while lags reduced to 1-2 from 10-20.

Thanks !
lol forum topic Replying to Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS
had he talks about Ping?
FPS inst the same of Ping.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Pancakes - 05-29-2012

' Wrote:lol forum topic Replying to Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS
had he talks about Ping?
FPS inst the same of Ping.

well, sometimes harsh FPS drops get your PC so stuck, it rise up ping and lag amount. Seems to be the case in this one.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Valhalla Sr. - 05-30-2012

no changes for me tho.... Running on Win7 x86

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Rhonkar - 05-31-2012

Works for me, thanks. No more double process launched.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - rwx - 06-01-2012

Seems not working for me.
I tried this yesterday, but after changing the ini file from the Disco/EXE folder, the game freezed after I undocked.
(It still showed the Docking bay screen;
I heard the sound of moving out from the station;
I minimized the window, tried to reactivate the game with the taskbar and got the typically Mickeysoft error dialog)

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Pancakes - 06-03-2012

' Wrote:Seems not working for me.
I tried this yesterday, but after changing the ini file from the Disco/EXE folder, the game freezed after I undocked.
(It still showed the Docking bay screen;
I heard the sound of moving out from the station;
I minimized the window, tried to reactivate the game with the taskbar and got the typically Mickeysoft error dialog)

Are you sure this was the only thing you changed? Only disabled the gunserver?

' Wrote:no changes for me tho.... Running on Win7 x86

Did you also try to replace your Freelancer.ini with the one I linked in the OP?

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - neko_soilder - 06-09-2012

Can someone make the instructions for windows 7, I can't find the first file "Discovery Freelancer 4.86.0\EXE" anywhere

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Valhalla Sr. - 06-09-2012

Yes i tried it all Pancakes. No changes. FL consumes 100% of CPU..

One process, and it LAAAGS like hell, and fps do tend to drop to 1...