Discovery Gaming Community
Faction power - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Faction power (/showthread.php?tid=81039)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Faction power - Veygaar - 05-28-2012

Where's the "give them more power" option?

Faction power - Reverend Del - 05-28-2012

Factions with power, don't make me laugh. The most they can do is make suggestions. Frankly I'd like to give them more, in return for tighter controls and greater oversight, but at the moment the perks just aren't worth that effort for them.

Faction power - Camtheman - 05-28-2012

Quote:Posting from my phone so if I screw up,sorry.

Your teacher did a lousy job.

Seriously, is all you EVER do is complain about stuff on here? If everything - Fix Cruise, Fix Factions, Everything here sucks - pisses you off so much that you even didn't work with someone to make a base and instead spent untold hours effectively playing by yourself, why do you sticks around? Shut up and be constructive instead of just complaining.

As for factions and powers ... sorry, that's almost a laugh. You think if all official factions were terminated today that tomorrow there wouldn't be 50 'clans' spring up? Like others have said, we've seen this thread before. Give it a rest.

Side note - 96 in May is too hot for Indiana. (35C for you Celsius peeps. )

Fortunately you're one of the prime examples of what im talking about hon.

A faction that hunts criminals allying with one of the biggest groups of criminals around...

Hah.

You don't have any room to criticize my RP abillity, dear.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself or you get wrecked.

That was really uncalled for.

I'm happy with a lot of things around here. Capital/Bomber balance is far better than ever before and I do give kudos for the devs to that. Novas are easily deflected by flaks and the new secondaries give me happy memories of the primaries of 4.82.

The fact that I even could make a base by myself is enough on that end to show at least they're not completely faction only but is strongly geared toward teamwork which I think is correct...

I've been screwed over so many times in MMORPG's (Discovery is basically a space sim MMORPG...) that I do not trust anyone with anything I invest large amounts of money in that they can ruin. Eventually if it was established enough I would've released it to the public.

Besides the cloak nerf, cruise and factions...

There really isnt much left to fix. The community unlike many others gets more and more perfect as the versions go higher.

And besides.

I like playing with myself.

TEEEHEHEHEHEE

Quote:Factions with power, don't make me laugh. The most they can do is make suggestions. Frankly I'd like to give them more, in return for tighter controls and greater oversight, but at the moment the perks just aren't worth that effort for them.

Suggestions? Damn forceful suggestions I'd say, directing indies to follow their view of RP on pain of being made hostile to their own faction.

Suggestions is not the word.

Hardly the word.

Faction power - Hone - 05-28-2012

I dont think factions should have less power, I think they should have MORE! (see my topics on giving them the right to FR5 themselves, ect.)

HOWEVER I think they should be better regulated in the use of that power:

I think all OFFICIAL factions should have to be democracies, I.E. All members get to vote for the leader at least every quater.

I think that anyone should be able to join UNLESS the official factions have a very good reason not to let them. Unlike now, where they can just say; "No, and we wont say why"

I think that there should be no closed Official factions like the nomads.

Ect.

So I cant really vote for either of those poll options.

Faction power - Snak6 - 05-28-2012

The power of creating, editing and messing laws without any notice to players comes to my mind.

And regarding my proposition to increase time requirement up to 48 hours, it is not so much higher if you calculate it spreaded through 5 people. Not to add that having only 5 members and being overseer of NPC faction is stupid.

I don't see more problems in power, I'd see problem in who has it and how it is being applied.

Faction power - mwerte - 05-28-2012

Biased poll is biased.

' Wrote:I think all OFFICIAL factions should have to be democracies, I.E. All members get to vote for the leader at least every quater.
I've never been in a faction where you couldn't get into the leadership in a fairly short amount of time. There's never a shortage of paperwork that needs filed, recruits that need teaching, faction characters that need set up, ect.

' Wrote:arrogate
Kudos on making me look up a word.

' Wrote:Think back to the Praetyre debate
Oh man, I miss those days. I really do wish house militaries and police factions would be closed to only members of one official faction again.

Faction power - Guyton - 05-28-2012

' Wrote:Factions with power, don't make me laugh. The most they can do is make suggestions. Frankly I'd like to give them more, in return for tighter controls and greater oversight, but at the moment the perks just aren't worth that effort for them.

I find a faction with the ability to create their own laws, tax and charge fees, make common materials contraband, deem an individual player or group hostile, and consider even areas such as "Independent Systems" bordering considered their "territory" subject to their laws pretty much is all the power they need.

Faction power - Camtheman - 05-28-2012

Quote:I find a faction with the ability to create their own laws, tax and charge fees, make common materials contraband, deem an individual player or group hostile, and consider even areas such as "Independent Systems" bordering considered their "territory" subject to their laws pretty much is all the power they need.

That.

Quote:The power of creating, editing and messing laws without any notice to players comes to my mind.

This

and

this

Quote:I don't see more problems in power, I'd see problem in who has it and how it is being applied.

Faction power - Hell Hunter - 05-28-2012

' Wrote:
[*]Remove 1-faction-per-ID rule for non-House factions (corporations, criminals, etc.)
[*]Remove FR5, and handle things like OORP docking with rules 1.2 and 6.9
[*]Reduce faction input regarding tech decisions
[/list]

1: Yes.

2: NO

3. NO

also what cam said.

Faction power - Markus_Janus - 05-28-2012

' Wrote:I find a faction with the ability to create their own laws, tax and charge fees, make common materials contraband, deem an individual player or group hostile, and consider even areas such as "Independent Systems" bordering considered their "territory" subject to their laws pretty much is all the power they need.

So you are against FR5's being suggested to admin by factions, that's fair enough.
Any group of people on this server, whether they are an official faction, unofficial faction, group of friends or troll squad may do the rest.

P.S. Hey Guyton, long time no see, good to see you again *waves*