Discovery Gaming Community
the making of "Necrosis Prime" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: the making of "Necrosis Prime" (/showthread.php?tid=8336)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - AdamantineFist - 05-10-2008

M-m-my word... :ohmy:

I LOVE it. It looks quite formidable. Very imposing.

' Wrote:like i said originally, it's basically an Phantom upgraded Outcast Destroyer. with the addition of the highly advanced Phantom technology, this ship would make for a formidible battlecruiser.

what about ship stats?

i'm curious what sort of texture a Phantom ship would have also.

Stats? Something powerful, for starters. This definitely shouldn't be a lightweight.

As for texture... something dark, based on BW skin, perhaps?

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - Dopamino - 05-10-2008

with evil purple accents. or blood red accents.

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - pim - 05-10-2008

Hey ! Nice work ! Jinx is right : on more antenna here to tell it has a scanner (maybe a armored-like antenna) and it should be a great ship !

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - Jinx - 05-10-2008

texture - does one of you remember the "shadows" from babylon 5? - a semi organic "skin" would fit to phantoms, imo. - - in FL that would turn out to be something like a "rotten nomads skin". something smooth, - but not black.... rather greyish, purple - with a very soft glow and a little reflect ( as if its wet ).

how it would look good is - apply a "solid" hull - like liberty, BW or whatever else - and strap a half transparent ( maybe 70% alpha ) organic skin over it. - but it would only really look good with bump mapping or normal maps for the details ) - now these steps are not really possible, i believe ( the transparency might work, but i m not sure about the 2 texture layers.

about the ship itself. - the ship i made might look a bit scarier, cause its much more on the "organic" side. - but we d have to face it.... it would look wrong if it came towards someone out of a nebula. - wouldn t look like freelancer at all ( not even if one thinks of the ornaments in the bars etc. )

about stats...

in order to be a match for others, it should be a battlecruiser. - i m a bit cautious about giving ships a superior agility, so i d rather leave the agility where other battlecruisers are. ( means, you d have to use the turret mode more than the chase view when you re fighting )

it looks quite agile, so a rather "above average" strafing ability should be in order. - ... especially armourwise, one can strap a lot on that ship. - maybe really as much as a small battleship ( thats 300.000 armour ) - to balance things ... a lower cargo capacity - maybe 400.

weapons - i d say ... 12 turrets ( 2 of them lvl10 ) with a typical BC powersource. - firing arcs should be rather frontal orientated - but its up to the places where you can put them.

shields would be a cruiser shield. - about bats / bots, i think there might be an exception again ( since you re supposed to be more or less alone on the ship, there is plenty of room ) - maybe even 700 bats/bots - that would mean you can repair a lot more than any other cruiser / battlecruiser. - gives you a little edge over others in a simple one on one, but not too much to make this ship entirely "uber".

or in short

- armour: extreme
- powersource: average
- bats/bots: extreme
- turrets 0/12(2)
- CD, 2xCM ( might be strange, but it would help, if you have one heavy + one enhanced CM, and drop simultanously, your chance to get away is much greater - provided you re not being shot with train CDs, in which case, it won t make a difference )
- maybe a Minedropper ( would be an oddity on a cruiser - not sure if its of any benefit at all on such a large ship )

if this ship is really supposed to be "special" without unbalancing things too much - it could also have

- 2x lvl7 gunmount for 2 gunboat guns ( not sure if thats too powerful after all - but it might be worth a try ) - if the arc is greatly limited, its still hard to steer a battlecruiser the way to hit with a frontal gun.

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - me_b_kevin - 05-11-2008

would it be too far fetched to have a thruster mounted on it?

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - me_b_kevin - 05-23-2008

i just thought an update was in order.

enjoy :D

[Image: th_necrosis-6.jpg] [Image: th_necrosis-5.jpg] [Image: th_necrosis-4.jpg] [Image: th_necrosis-3.jpg]

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - Eternal - 05-23-2008

You do know I'm going to hunt you , just to get screens of that ship

It's realy..amazing..

It's selfish to keep it for yourself.."People like it when you share!" :lol:

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - rhodes - 05-23-2008

For those of you who have seen the movie Sereniy, I think the ship's texture should be modeled after the reavers although that may be a bit too blood thristy.

Recon

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - sovereign - 05-23-2008

It looks beautiful, but not evil enough. Make it darker! And spiky!

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - Othman - 05-23-2008

That thing needs a devil reddish skin. Good work so far.