Discovery Gaming Community
Xoria for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xoria for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=8664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xoria for server administrator - NonSequitor - 05-20-2008

I voted "no".

Xoria is an eloquent, erudite and creative fellow, with a firm grasp of rp. But on the flip side, he seems to be a bit arrogant and condenscending at times when dealing with the rest of us mortals. He does not share my confidence.

Xoria for server administrator - Panzer - 05-20-2008

Sure, why not.

Another pair of vigilant eyes.

Just that... well...

I sometimes would prefer, that there was more "admin ranks" than just an omnipotent admin.

Xoria sure writes nice stuff - always a good read, meaningful, philosophical... almost as if it all was what people (no offence, but admins too) would want to read. To recognize the "goodie goodie" in the person.

I hope I'm worng...

Xoria for server administrator - Vero - 05-20-2008

Taking the concerns of others into account my vote is still a yes, with this added advice to Xoria:

The responsibility of being an admin is not a task to be taken lightly. You must disperse justice but you should temper it with mercy; be confident in your decisions but not arrogant. Be known as one who is fair in each ruling. As an admin you are Judge, Jury, and potentially Executioner for each accused. Do not let anger taint your rulings.
Above all, as an admin you must maintain your integrity.

When you make mistakes (and we all make them), correct them if you can, learn from them, and move on.
You will be accused of misuse or abuse of your powers by those who see only from one side of an issue. When this happens you must have patience and clear thinking. Youre responses to these attacks should be kept to a clear explanation of each ruling without condescension or ridicule. Though you should maintain a sense of humor as well, after all we are each human, and all of us are capable of making poor decisions on occasion.

When you can do all these you will be regarded as one who is worthy of the position of Admin.
It is my hope that you will prove through your service to this community that you are capable of all of this and more.

God speed to you in the journey you are about to embark upon,
Vero

Xoria for server administrator - DBoy1612 - 05-20-2008

Got a yes from me.

Xoria for server administrator - RonG777 - 05-20-2008

Crack the Whip on 'Em Xoria! ... You'll do just fine...:laugh:

Xoria for server administrator - Othman - 05-20-2008

I'm probably one of the few folks who met and aided Nathan when he first joined the disco community. It was frankly not hard to make out almost from the first private message I recieved from him, that he held promise, presumably being a sensible chap too, who was eventually concerned with the details, most people would have tended to neglect. Not only this makes me more than glad but the argument justified as well that my predescent predictions have most oftenly been much or less accurate about the people around.

Stepping into the hall of the administration is definitely hardship. As to what it takes to be an established and seated inner council member, even the preliminaries are due to something that is way more intricate beyond, than the basic endurance and mental resistance skills but the enhanced durance of serious management and the particularly self-causal experience of a global handling effort, which will rapidly embrace 'the one' physically as well, in no time. Time is the key word here, and needs to be polished with an oath of self sacrifice, while most importantly a highly efficient manner of understanding and objectivity, meant to be both in the disambiguated framework of philosophical and commercial terms, are apparently compulsive and meant to act in a quite similar pattern with the blessed hammer of heavens.

Xoria for server administrator - mira - 05-20-2008

' Wrote:voted "no" - i miss him evalutating issues from more than one perspective. - and i feel a reluctance to make compromises and / or show more emphaty towards other members of the community.

//signed

well id rather see jinx in admin chair or Malaclypse 666

Xoria for server administrator - RonG777 - 05-20-2008

Jinx???... Sorry, He's not ready for prime time... I.M.O....

...Mal?? well, yes, I can see that happen..

Xoria for server administrator - Heartless - 05-20-2008

I voted "yes".

The admins have much to do and we need all the support we can get. Xoria has definitely shown responsibility and makes a good candidate for this position.

Xoria for server administrator - Boss - 05-20-2008

I voted yes. We need more admins, and Xoria has what it takes.

@ mira, I can't see Jinx as an admin, no offense to either one. Reason? We can't lose our best modeler.

As for Mal, I dunno.

Just a question, but what happens once we lose a moderator?