Discovery Gaming Community
Mass Effect - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Mass Effect (/showthread.php?tid=8786)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Mass Effect - Tenacity - 06-07-2008

' Wrote:Ah, a challange! Or wait... It's not. There *are* no RPG's on the market at this time. (Except copies of Fallout that you buy through ebay) :laugh:

And about the story... There's a thing called invation, and if the so called writers who wrote this... monotonous masterpiece can't chunk out an original idea... Well, suffice to say that is not my problem.

(Kinda makes me wonder what happened to the lads who made the real RPG's back in the day... My guess is that they're being forced into writing these post-modern abominations now... ugh)

so really... if it isnt D&D on paper you wont be happy with it.

Mass Effect - Linkus - 06-07-2008

Quote:The story is GOD AWFUL. It's like a copy paste of KoTR but with flatter characters and a bit of Stargate Atlantis mixed in to make for a blander experience

You realise that if it's a copy and paste of Kotor then you just called the Kotor story GOD AWFUL as well? Flatter characters and Stargate Atlantis (Which I love:P) still wouldn't make Kotor 'GOD AWFUL'.
It's an RPG with Action elements mixed in. Kotor on the other hand is pure RPG, with little real combat to speak of. Instead of comparing it to a game which should be actually very boring (You are good, enemy is evil. You can be evil too but you don't get to enjoy being evil enough. Black and White so to speak.) , rate the game on it's own merits.

Mass Effect - kingvaillant - 06-08-2008

HELP

anyone could help me on this one?

Mass Effect - Tenacity - 06-08-2008

' Wrote:HELP

anyone could help me on this one?

apparently not, i dont have permission to access that document.

I bough the game.
Successfully installed it on my Father's computer, and played without any
issues. Then I went to my mother's place and installed the game there too.
(divorced family)

But When I try to start the game (play) on my mother's computer it gives me
the following message:
---
MassEffect.exe - Entry point not found.

The procedure entry point 'GetprocessId' could not be located in the dynamic
link library 'KERNEL31.dll'
---

Mind to explain me what to do to fix this issue? It would be very
appreciated.

Mass Effect - Shadow2336 - 06-08-2008

Perhaps reinstall the kernel? Google it, see what you get.

Jameson, I think your standards are a bit unreasonable.

Mass Effect - Dennis Jameson - 06-08-2008

' Wrote:Jameson, I think your standards are a bit unreasonable.

Look back eight years and they will suddenly seem very resonable.

Also; Don't be daft guys. The RPG's made eight years ago puts this game to shame. It's still a very good representative for the... ugh... "next generation", but it comes no where near the games of the past. Well... except if you like "TEH LEET GRAFIX!" :laugh:

Oh, and Mass Effect isn't an RPG-Action game, it's an action game.

I think I understand my problem,,,Kernel is a .dll in the MSWinXP sys32 folders...

I have an illegal version of SP1, and cannot upgrade to SP2...On which the Good Kernel is...

see the problem?

Mass Effect - Linkus - 06-08-2008

Remembering that 8 years ago, graphics weren't as important or had such a large scope, the creators could focus a lot more on the story.
A picture is worth 1000 words remember. Better picture, less words.
Not a great idea overal but eh.