Discovery Gaming Community
Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. (/showthread.php?tid=92857)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Jansen - 01-23-2013

2 hours should be fine. There is still some kind of punishment for dying and enough time to get around constant reengaging. That could even help to get the general server activity up a bit.

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - why_so_serious - 01-23-2013

How about we just change every unlawful ID in something like "May not engage in piracy". *smoke*
Playing as pirate is overrated anyway.

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Veygaar - 01-23-2013

(01-23-2013, 07:40 PM)why_so_serious Wrote: How about we just change every unlawful ID in something like "May not engage in piracy". *smoke*
Playing as pirate is overrated anyway.

You are dead to me Moritz.... DEAD

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - why_so_serious - 01-23-2013

(

why(

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Tachyon - 01-23-2013

Moritz, Caleb no forum bashing, pls what about the kids (((

Moritz, pls (

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Veygaar - 01-23-2013

Tachy... eat moar Razurs! Tongue

---

Keep the death time, and hardcode the game to keep "killed" player's IP from entering dead systems. (like that's even possible Sad )

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Johnathan Nox Carter - 01-24-2013

Perhaps the after death "no re-entering" time could be lowered to 3 or 2 hours... it's something that, as others mentioned, would still keep players from re-engaging and yet allow some who have a limited amount of playing-time to keep around where they like most (especially for players who are only part of one or two factions/groups).

Still, a "second/additional rule" could be implemented... like a statement that clearly says: "DO NOT re-engage in the SAME fight you died in." Thus, even if (hardly happens) a fight/war lasts more than 2 hours... a player would still not go back in it, just to avoid the whining about such things.

------
On another note, the idea regarding "war zones" would be interesting but it's something that needs a larger debate, clearly not on this thread since it would go off-topic..\

(By the way, shouldn't have this thread been in the "Discovery RP 24/7" section?)

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Govedo13 - 01-24-2013

2 Hours combined with 10% of the ship value as dead fine excluding conn seems quite fine for me.

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Jack_Henderson - 01-24-2013

(01-24-2013, 10:37 AM)Govedo13 Wrote: 2 Hours combined with 10% of the ship value as dead fine excluding conn seems quite fine for me.

For me, the aim of this thread was to reduce the negative consequences of pvp death (rage, frustration, idiot behaviour, sanctions) by reducing the penalty for the loser. He has already been punished by losing, anyway.

I don't understand why anybody would call for even more punishment (like in your additional "credit loss" idea).

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Shintaz - 01-24-2013

Death to the weak! The bodies of the broken shall pave the road for a new dawn!

Nah, in all seriousness the PvP consequences aren't that bad at all.I never had any issues with it.It comes down to a person able to admit defeat.If you learn to do that it won't bother you at all.