Discovery Gaming Community
Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" (/showthread.php?tid=99185)

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Keioff Xanjer - 02-20-2014

Two asian-looking men came in and greeted eachother. They proceeded towards one of the gazebos and sat down at a tea-table.
Mr. Noburu had experimented with herbs coming out of Kyushu and had become quite adept at replicating some of the finest teas of the old Earth.
They spoke quietly, but not so quiet that by-passers couldn't hear.

"So... Is everything as it should be?"
"Not quite yet, Noburu-sama... We have yet to move the laboratories and I'm afraid we've had a slight problem with the gunboats."
"Huh? What do you mean? This should have been taken care of long ago!"
"You must understand, Sir. I cannot deal with all this myself. In all the years I have worked for you, I have never had to manage a whole branch of your company by myself."

*A short uncomfortable silence is followed by the sound of a cup of tea being poured.*

"Hrmphh.. I chose you, because I belive in your abilities, Xanjer.
I'm not getting younger, you know. And I simply do not trust my reckless son to take care of the company when my time comes."

"Please... Do not speak of such things..."
"I want you to take place as director of the new board. I need someone I can trust to oversee the transformation.
What I'm asking is that you come work for me exclusively"

"You know I cannot do this, Sir. I have other clients..."
"Baka! I need you to do this! Have I not treated you well over all these years?"
"You have indeed. But I cannot just abandon my responibilities to the other people I represent. Surely you understand this..."

Noburu's stare was like knives. The silence resumed while Xanjer looked down into his cup, gently whirling it's contents around and smelling the fresh tea.

"Very well then... Please consider my offer at least.
The cold hands of the Shinigami are on my shoulders and I fear I do not have much time left.
If I cannot find a suitable heir, this company may well die before it has even existed"

"I understand. And I appreciate your faith in me.
Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a lot of work to do and not much time to do it.
Thank you for the tea."

Xanjer got up and bowed. Mr. Noburu nodded. The meeting was concluded.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Camille Gabriel - 02-23-2014

Camille Gabriel
No sooner had the words left Ryuho's mouth than Camille shook her head. "Your people are wrong. His Majesty cannot be infected, la Légion tricolore would not permit it." Shrouded in equal parts mystery and enough access restrictions to cut anyone short of General off at the knee, the Légion tricolore was Gallia's premier space combat unit. Legion aside, the King was shielded, quite literally, by an armada of warships and royal guards. He may not have been untouchable, but he was as close as any human being in history had ever come to it. "If their control was that absolute, I very much doubt I would have survived long enough to speak to you.

If the Crown fell, Ryuho, Gallia would have fallen with it."
This time, there was no trace of doubt in her voice. She let silence reign for a moment, driving the point home. Theatrical? Perhaps, but that was the beautify of performance. "But if we accept, then, that His Majesty is healthy, and that the best course of action is to leave the Marechal untouched-." Her lips curled up with faint disgust at the suggestion. "Then what would you have me do?"

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Keioff Xanjer - 02-25-2014

In their usual gazebo, the two men greeted one another and sat down.

"How are things progressing?"
"There have been some complications Noburu-sama...
R&D have reported that the Surveyor will be a fitting replacement as a light scout vehicle, but we have had a bit of trouble finding a suitable gunship.
For now, the recommendation is to re-instate the old X11s as support vehicles."

"Have you reported this to The Order?"
"Unfortunately the paperwork is not fully in order yet. I will get the matter sorted out as soon as the documentation has gone through."
"Good. We cannot afford any troubles if we want to operate freely. Just remember then we cannot be seen as supporting them, so do try to be discreet in your communications.

While Mr. Noburu poured a cup of tea, Xanjer gazed out in the vast emptiness of space for a minute.

"Noburu-sama... I am afraid that I have other news to report.
I have the feeling our employees are starting to loose faith in your new project. The scientists are scared to undertake the Omicron-missions and the enthusiasm amongst our pilots seems to be lessening."

"Are you telling me all this has come as a result of a simple mistake?"
"Not at all. There was some disappointment over this, but the pilots seems very happy with the Surveyor. The problem is the lack of commitment from the pilots. I am not sure they are motivated enough to take on the kind of responsibility you want to put on them"
"Hm! I thought Human Resources had cleared up that matter!"
"So did I, Noburu-sama. The reports I got from them were positive, but human nature is hard to predict."

An eerie silence spread through the little room.

"Yokunai... This does not bode well."
"If I may, please allow me to suggest a solution."
"Yes? Go ahead."
"There seems to be an unusual amount of ships on sale these days. Rumors amongst the pilots say that something new might be on the horizon. Maybe you should put activities on hold until everything becomes clearer."
"Hm. This is not what I expected. There have been many unforeseen complications with this endeavor. Maybe you are right. My investors will loose some money, but it is better to cut your losses before they grow.
At least I've not had to take any loans to fund this debacle."

Mr. Noburu let out a telling sigh.

"Very well... Prepare an announcement.
I do not like to lose face over this, so I rely on you to be subtle about our difficulties."

"What shall I say about future resumption of operations?"
"I need to get feedback from Human Resources. Be vague... Or delay until I have gotten an answer."
"Wakarimashita... I understand."

Xanjer got up and bowed.

"You have not mentioned anything about my offer."
"I am sorry, Noburu-sama. I need more time to think.
I will help you the best I can, through this period of transition, but I cannot give you my final answer until I have had time to think everything through and things have setteled down a bit.
Thank you for the tea..."

Mr. Noburu nodded, Xanjer bowed again. The meeting was concluded.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Timmy - 02-28-2014

Kenji shook his head in disagreement with her words. Probably the only person in Royal Navy who would allow a thought of her supperiors to be infected, now denying possibility for this to spread further. Intentional or not, but in either case he knew that she could be like this. He brought a datapad out of his jacket, offering her to view it "Take a look at this... Perhaps it would give you more clear sight on how hard situation can be."

The datapad contained a data about some of known to Order people that have been infected during nomad war, the people who were taking high positions in government, inteligence, navy and other, all over the colonies. Though there was still not enough trust towards that person, it was not a problem for Kenji if she would know. While Camille have been checking it Kenji continued "Nomads would not expose themselfs by killing their tools. As long as it's useful. And right now Gallia is a perfect tool for their goal - to wipe out humanity."

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Enkidu - 02-28-2014

Nadeau settled implacably near the bar, incorrigabillity hanging around him like bees to a hive.

"Sean... A slight, mannerly refreshment, if you would be so bold - and how was your Leedsian sojourn, suitably unfavorable I trust?". The self-styled Burgundian arched, eyes settling wryly on the Bretonian barkeep.

"It is so benign of you to venture among us anew - why, the other imbecile had a remarkable tendency to... refrigerate... the wine, would you believe? A barbarity that you would not be guilty of, I dare put, of course..."

Nadeau trailed, attention roving with a casual deviance over some of the more... esoteric members of the Commonwealthian bar, pre-emptively sliding forwards a handsome, remonstrative tip of a credit chip as he did so. After all, even after all these months of their parting, a little less spittle in the glass wouldn't go amiss.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 02-28-2014

"Achille", Sean noted with a casual remark without looking up from the glass he was cleaning.

"I should have known there was a reason for so many seats being unoccupied.", he continued with an uninflected voice while he let a rag in his hand carefully roam around the glass.

After some seconds, he put the glass aside and backed against the counter. He leaned towards Achille and tilted his head to the left.

He deeply inhalted the air beside him and then said: "How come you honor us with your maddeningly cunning presence? How can one be of service, my somewhat peculiar colleague?"

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Remnant - 02-28-2014

Ivy glances around the place, spotting the person she was looking for after a few seconds. Beginning to wander a little closer, she notices some other strange man drop by Sean, and begins to talk to him about something.

Warily nearing them a little, she takes a seat at a table next to them, merely to wait for either her to be noticed, or for the two to finish talking.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - King Owl - 03-01-2014

First time under the Dome Pierre couldn't take his eyes from the beautyness of it.After cuple of seconds of dreaming to far and nice lands he came back and with a unsafty face was looking around for Monseur Achile, since he was the only one he knew there..

With a glass of sake in his hand he sad down at a table looking around for Achile.

*He takes a sip from the glass*

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 03-03-2014

Out of the corner of his eye, Sean suddenly discovered Ivy sitting at a table nearby.

Before Achille could say something, he rose his finger and said:
"Wait here."

Then he advised Reece to serve Achille instead.

Sean opened the counter's hatch and walked over to the table Ivy was sitting at, only to take a seat on the chair across from Ivy's.

"Hey there. How's going? Wanna drink somethin'?", he inquired while relaxing on his chair.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Remnant - 03-04-2014

Ivy perks her head up quickly in surprise, having been looking at the table, fiddling with a chain necklace with a pendant of some sort hidden beneath her clothes as she waited.

"o-oh! I feel kinda silly for not hearing you sit down earlier, i'm sorry.. I tend to phase out like this, Tara has always scolded me for that. Not really in a mean way, but I never was able to get rid of it." Scratching her head, flushing slightly in embarrassment.

"I was told to go find you, when I was finally left alone.. I honestly don't know what else to do around here, although I admit it's really nice to be able to walk around on my own. Climbing trees are actually kinda fun, altho-.."

Pausing, thinking for a moment. "Wait! I just completely ignored your question, i'm sorry.. Could I have a water? I really don't think I would like what else is being served around here.. I was offered a taste of beer once, it was horrible.. She thought it was hilarious too seeing me shudder like that.."