Discovery Gaming Community
4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: 4.86 Release Date and Teaser (/showthread.php?tid=69772)

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - JayDee Kasane - 12-28-2011

2 days left!!! YYYAAAAHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! )))))

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Helo - 12-28-2011

DOn't forget you need a fresh FL install for 4.86..
(damn where's my torrent?!?!)

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Polarkreis - 12-28-2011

' Wrote:DOn't forget you need a fresh FL install for 4.86..

What? Where do you got that information from?

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Fat.Igor - 12-28-2011

Why exactly would you need a fresh install? You can simply deactivate 4.85 and restore backups through FLMM.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Echo 7-7 - 12-28-2011

' Wrote:Why exactly would you need a fresh install? You can simply deactivate 4.85 and restore backups through FLMM.

It's been mentioned somewhere in one the Dev Log threads (Aeternus', was it?) that 4.86 will be installed by FLMM, but through an .exe installer.

For that, you need a vanilla install, and then the Disco installer will copy that install into a new directory dedicated to Disco, and then it will install the Disco files over the vanilla copy in the new directory.

Yes, it's something you could do manually, but this automated method is also to do with future mod updates: the Devs have update packages planned for the future and want to do it in a way that won't work with FLMM.

I've said enough, it'd best to find the relevant posts by the people in-the-know rather than reading second-hand information.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Fat.Igor - 12-28-2011

' Wrote:It's been mentioned somewhere in one the Dev Log threads (Aeternus', was it?) that 4.86 will be installed by FLMM, but through an .exe installer.

For that, you need a vanilla install, and then the Disco installer will copy that install into a new directory dedicated to Disco, and then it will install the Disco files over the vanilla copy in the new directory.

Yes, it's something you could do manually, but this automated method is also to do with future mod updates: the Devs have update packages planned for the future and want to do it in a way that won't work with FLMM.

I've said enough, it'd best to find the relevant posts by the people in-the-know rather than reading second-hand information.
I see, interesting. I'll go look that up then, thanks!

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Mímir - 12-28-2011

I find your signature highly offensive, Mr.!

Anyways this whole fresh install business, are there any guides to that, so I can be ready to go as soon as 4.86 hits?

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Marburg - 12-28-2011

Each time a new version gets released, there will be a thread made about it, & in that thread will be everything you need to know in order to get it all up & running properly.

Patience y'all...patience;)

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Mímir - 12-28-2011

' Wrote:Patience y'all...patience;)

Aaaaargh, but this is worse than waiting 5 years for Skyrim! I can't wait any longer... The 4.86 release date is bigger for me than Christmas was or will ever be.

4.86 Release Date and Teaser - Marburg - 12-28-2011

I know exactly what you mean.