Discovery Gaming Community
Best ID for trading? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Best ID for trading? (/showthread.php?tid=106686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Best ID for trading? - Hone - 11-03-2013

(11-01-2013, 06:52 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: Kishiro cannot lawfully trade in Bretonia for the moment.

RE: Best ID for trading? - Eugen - 11-03-2013

Quote:And then the lawfuls considers that this is a stupid reason and continues to fine/shoot you.

well if they wahna shoot u they to it anyway . (since i have the feeling overall that most of the "legals" screw ppl up just for fun rp or not.)

RE: Best ID for trading? - LunaticOnTheGrass - 11-04-2013

Quote:well if they wahna shoot u they to it anyway . (since i have the feeling overall that most of the "legals" screw ppl up just for fun rp or not.)

The Pirate Train's model clearly flaunts multiple Liberty Rogue emblems on it.

And you're surprised lawfuls would take some level of offense to it?

RE: Best ID for trading? - Karst - 11-04-2013

(11-03-2013, 02:52 PM)Anomander Wrote: ALG suposed to be Industrial-cleaners not I-can-go-anywhere traders...

ALG are far more diversified these days. We have experience with chemical processing and smelting, because we deal with heterogeneous materials such as scrap metal and toxic waste. As such, we are a true industrial concern and not merely "cleaners", and deal in a wide variety of processed and unprocessed metal and chemical products.

But obviously, there are RP restrictions - I won't have my people running around with food, passengers, or luxury goods.

Really though, the only reason so many people are saying ALG now is because we are very active.
The ID and diplomacy was very much the same before that, and certainly isn't a better universal trader ID than, say, GMG, IND, or Samura.....it's just that we're more active than them.

RE: Best ID for trading? - Highland Laddie - 11-04-2013

The only advantage ALG has over Gateway is access to lawful Gallia. I'm not sure if ALG is restricted in Liberty, but that would put them about on equal footing.

RE: Best ID for trading? - Karst - 11-04-2013

ALG is indeed restricted in Liberty, specifically to importing HazMat canisters and exporting toxic waste or scrap metal.

Access to lawful Gallia is however a pretty big advantage, as some of the best routes involve Gallia.

RE: Best ID for trading? - Singularity - 11-04-2013

ALG carrying Ores have nothing to worry about, just to have a RP behind it if asked why they are hauling goods which the faction shouldn't focus on -- A simple answer with a bit RP will solve it for the Trader.

Plus, most ores are sold outside Liberty, most for high prices.

---->>> these all puts ALG in a comfortable seat Smile

And thinking about GMG and IMG, I really can't find any cons.

They too are neutral to almost all house factions.

+ point for IMG to have fields all over the important Sirian revenue points Wink
+ for GMG -- He-3 is still profitable.