Discovery Gaming Community
Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 (/showthread.php?tid=112216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - Zen_Mechanics - 02-20-2014

(02-20-2014, 02:52 PM)Achille Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 02:43 PM)Spud Wrote: Gotta admit I didn't read the whole first post Tel, and I think most of the people barking at you here just do it because they like to, but there is something in the part that I read that I think should be changed.

Generally, you tend to say that "all the Zoners" were like this, or like that, and they all did this and all decided that, and then they made a really big militia out of all the Zoners militias. Maybe I'm getting some of it wrong, but this is my impression from the part I read.

Fact is a lot of Zoner players and player factions here don't seem to agree with anything you say. It doesn't really matter who is right and who is wrong. Fact is that your declarations and descriptions kind of say that all Zoners units and created the ZA. But in fact, there seem to be more Zoners that have no intention of joining any sort of militia as you describe it.

So, I don't think all Zoners should be pacifists or doormats or hippies or discordians or what ever, I think Zoners can be just as aggressive, paranoid, delusional, greedy, ambitious, megalomaniac, as everyone else in Sirius can.

What I'd advise you to do (out of my own limited perspective) is to not claim to be something that all or even most Zoners would agree on. Instead, make yourself just a small faction of the Zoners, and concentrate on thinking up a story where this faction got the resources to build what ever you want to build. For example make yourself a group of Zoners that originate from Corsairs, Order defectors, Core defectors, house refugees, house fortune seekers, that made great amounts of cash and gained resources by selling nomad artifacts, remains, and technology on the black market, to various sources.

But I guess in truth, you're gonna get yelled at no matter what you do, just because people like yell at people.

Quite. Yes - all of last summer was the backlash of dem' irksome humans not quite equating to empyrean summits of ethical moralism, and we're all whiny infantiles before the incorrigible bastion of those bearing niche perspectives, who possibly did not participate in the occurrence when it occurred, nor has fielded extensive dialogues with every facet concerned, hm?

Zoners can kick arse - there's no particular lore reasons why they shouldn't. However, they are obligated by in game functionality to stick to the restrictions of their ID. Furthering this under (the no doubt restrictive, hackneyed, optional gastric band of) the Discovery 24/7 Server Rules; an unofficial faction based around another faction is expected to pay a certain level of RP dividends towards the official ID holder, and not exercise the contrary by, say, claiming their installations with an infinite supply of Space Marines, and fringe upon those that (rightfully) they should term allies.

A little grey matter hither and thither wouldn't run amiss.

Edit:
(02-20-2014, 02:51 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: No imposing intended, this is just an attempt to make sense of the not sense. haters gonna hate. Thanks for the feedback.

We don't hate ZA's existence; ZA promotes faction activity within the Omicrons. Personally, we hate nor detest nothing as per Disco being a virtual environ. Any concern we show is aimed at your lack of concern for direct gameplay consequences, metarisk, power gaming, in game flaming, griefing and Oorp in an InRp environment.

Stop with the asinine and we'll all stop hating. Straight away. It's likely that we could even talk amicably under such a circumstance - and it wouldn't cost you anything.

I can assure you not once have I declined any talks with anyone, I do decline stealthy ways into forcing people to submissions, which is clearly what has been going on since the start. Given that people "forgot" to mention the others mistakes simply makes me wonder how valuable their comments are. Even here, we have a supposed outcast, never rp'ed before - commenting insane propositions. Catch my drift? The minute they ride on the wagon the conversation' is over. Talking the likes of several individuals here is a conversation stopper, Ofcourse they will probably resort to counter-attack me and tell me that Im the "conversation stopper" but I'm clearly not the guy who opened countless threads in specifics to a lone faction, degrading it, making fun of it, or trying to destroy it, nor have I have ever claimed perfect knowledge over others, others that I COULD mention.

Give give give me is all I ever hear, give me respect even though I didnt earn it, give me special treatment or i'll be offended and you'll be a racist zonnie. Im really sick of it, Its about time the ones who claim to be "clean" to speak up and admit their faults, but they are none the wiser.

RE: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - Thunderer - 02-20-2014

I'd join the ZA if they could offer me a BS capable of good left-right strafing (or with a FG) and if I could shoot any of their enemies with it, anywhere (or almost anywhere).

PS: And if it was free. Or almost free.

RE: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - Divine - 02-20-2014

Whatever. Talking about RP-consequences here for creating trouble within maltese space.
You know, RP, this weird thing we all pretend to do here. You should try it.

//Edit: And we're less patient as the Order and others might have been with the ZA previously

RE: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - kikatsu - 02-20-2014

What do you guys plan to do in the game now? Previously (and currently I suppose) you seem really focused on your own bases. I noticed the idea of you defending other zoner stations is in here now, I can't remember if that is new or not, but for the most part the only people that regularly give the zoners trouble are the GRN (or they used to, not sure if that has calmed down or what), so are you going to be in the Taus now or, well I guess I am just curious as to what you want to do with the faction in terms of on server stuff.

RE: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - Savas - 02-20-2014

@Div:

Considering ZA's past - Malta hardly seems to be an object of importance to them. They'll more likely camp O-74 and insta-engage Order.

RE: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - Divine - 02-20-2014

Heh, not that I expect them to come around though, but we've had our fair share of Zoner factions in the past too that thought it would be a clever idea to try and enforce a NFZ around Freeport-11.

RE: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - Zen_Mechanics - 02-20-2014

(02-20-2014, 04:19 PM)kikatsu Wrote: What do you guys plan to do in the game now? Previously (and currently I suppose) you seem really focused on your own bases. I noticed the idea of you defending other zoner stations is in here now, I can't remember if that is new or not, but for the most part the only people that regularly give the zoners trouble are the GRN (or they used to, not sure if that has calmed down or what), so are you going to be in the Taus now or, well I guess I am just curious as to what you want to do with the faction in terms of on server stuff.

The idea was considered, but given Ed's faction in the taus, Its out of respect that we dont set foot there. Most likely reside omicrons - to sigmas. And Yes, the faction is more into stations, developments etc.
Possibly building more zoner stations at sigmas to add a better link to the trade web, samura and gmg are number one candidates to whom we should invest.

RE: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - Thyrzul - 02-20-2014

Wow, a lot of pages since my last post, yet I haven't really seen much other than the usual "ZA STAHP" vs "you all hate us, we must be good/nothing is good for you, we will never bow/etc" bullcrap. The debate especially lacked an answer to one of my concerns I raised in the first page, something I think can constitute as, if not too constructive, but at least civilised and reasoned comment.
(Positive comment? No, but if you want others to suck-up instead of well reasoned criticism, I'm not your man.)
(02-20-2014, 07:01 AM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(02-20-2014, 01:03 AM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: The Zoners were then thrust into conflict on that fateful day when Freeport 7 was destroyed by the Nomads, sending all of Sirius into a war for their lives. This was the Zoners awakening. The Zoners began to use their vast sums of wealth accumulated over hundreds of years to build a fleet comparable to the strongest of the houses. Even with the diplomatic web intact, the Zoners knew that a day would come when it would all come crashing down, and they decided to be ready for that day.

You try to display Zoners as victims to give them a reason to arm themselves this much while it can't be further from the real truth.

Nobody gave a frack about Zoners when FP7 got blown up, all the major forces were occupied with their own conflicts (internal or with eachother; fueled by nomads of course) and the minor ones with the majors, and when they realized it was the nomads all along, they concentrated on them. Freeport 7 got blown up not to piss of Zoners, but because of that tinker toy ending up in the hands of Edison Trent towards the end of Vanilla campaign. If anyone would want to eradicate all Zoners since 800 AS, there would be no Zoners by now.
fnord
Care to address this now?

RE: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - t0l - 02-20-2014

Hey Golly, you removed the 2 week Order indie requirements, right?

I need entertainment.

RE: Zoner Alliance > Information Rewrite - 821 - Garrett Jax - 02-20-2014

This faction rewrite is going to be stopped dead in it's tracks by the Admins due to lore conflict and powergaming issues from which the premise is built.

Closing thread.