Discovery Gaming Community
Junker Marauders | JM|- - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Approved Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+------ Thread: Junker Marauders | JM|- (/showthread.php?tid=112716)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Junker Marauders | JM|- - Pinko - 03-04-2014

Cool faction, active people, fun interactions, that's a yes in my book. +1

RE: Junker Marauders | JM|- - Junker Marauders - 03-04-2014

(03-04-2014, 10:12 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: Ah quite the conversation piling up, so ill keep it simple with two questions and zero flames

Junker Marauders Wrote:
As I said above, I asked admins and this kind of stuff is acceptable. We would like to go for our own ID though, so that we could avoid getting suspicious eyes on us all the time though.

Like I said before, why do you interfere with Congress business & collaborate with others to cause problems for their goals? like that post the VR made to the Commonwealth, you grassed us up to them VR!

I do agree that a separate ID would be quite fitting for the Marauders, as your activity seems to create a grey area between other Junkers--specifically Congress. Regardless of whether JM RP is good or bad, effectively practiced or not, its been quite clear that Marauder activity has had negative consequences for JC, due to both direct and indirect action.
Specifically, as the only non-JM Junker present for the "Commonwealth" episode; where the presence of both VR and JM ships forced a Congressman to dock, which then followed with aggressive questioning the remaining Zoner captain, it is quite clear that -at least some- Marauder Pilots (and the VR ally who made the following post) already consider their diplomacy with Congressmen to be as was said earlier "us dealing with traitors".
Actually, it doesn't quite go like that. The Zoner neph was the primary concern, as it started threatening the present Marauders and the VR-. The Congress barge just came upwards from below the plane and to the Freeport moments earlier. It's not meant to imply that JM has negative feelings towards the Congress. Do note that it's also a comm from the VR- perspective, so it does have to be taken with a pinch of salt first and foremost.
Stating again, it's not meant to imply that we feel hostile towards Congress.

(03-04-2014, 10:12 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: Question 1: Currently your diplomatic standing with Junkers as a whole, including Congress, is listed as "friendly", but perhaps this should be more accurately revisited if these are the intentions of (at least some) Marauder Pilots?
Perhaps edging towards neutral may be a good idea. Though, instances of meddling from both parties has been very limited thus far.

(03-04-2014, 10:12 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: (Today 12:50 PM)Junker Marauders Wrote:
As I have said, we only turn on other Junkers if they turn on us first. Thank you for submitting your feedback.
(Today 12:50 PM)Junker Marauders Wrote:
I don't see how us dealing with traitors would show that we're irresponsible.
Again, see above!

I will note here that the specific incident being addressed, the twenty-five million credit demand made upon the Junker trader, was completely acceptable within RP. Of course if a trader cries out in system, you would punish him.
--However--
This Junker clearly only would have shouted out in system after being stopped for an initial demand, otherwise he would have no qualm with a fellow Junker. Therefore, the Marauder must have stopped the Junker trader and made a demand before any "snitching" or other anti-Marauder activity occurred
--meaning that Junkers are indeed being treated as any other target would be, and not sought out only for "specific indiscretions".
No, he really did shout in system about a Marauder pirating another trader, as odd as it sounds.

(03-04-2014, 10:12 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: Question 2: Does the Marauder RP allow their Pilots to consider an anonymous (no prior RP history) Junker ID'ed trader/smuggler in the same way they would treat an anonymous, neutral (Freelancer or such) ID'ed trader/smuggler?
-If yes, then i think its only fair to be clear that Junker trader/smugglers are not exempt from random piracy by a JM and that we should treat Marauders as at least a possible pirate/hostile, regardless of whether we have any previous RP with one.
-If no, then this was an isolated singular episode that violated the canon JM RP, and should be recognized as such. (Specifically, the Junker Bull_Island should no longer be targeted/bountied/harassed by JM Pilots)
No, we don't pirate nor attack Junker traders. As I have said, our RP only works in the way where we retaliate towards other Junkers if they do something to us first.

(03-04-2014, 10:12 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: Lastly, Kudos. it's good to see that an (arguably quick) push for your own ID and Official Status is being cooperated by a strong forum presence and very involved feedback effort
Thank you, your feedback is appreciated.

RE: Junker Marauders | JM|- - Freeroamer - 03-04-2014

I like the JM|- Idea

RE: Junker Marauders | JM|- - .Gypsy. - 03-05-2014

Good luck on your request for officialdom. I don't mind either way.

The only issue Ive ever had with you is that your Rats.

RE: Junker Marauders | JM|- - Kazinsal - 03-05-2014

* Kazinsal has been summoned by three posts with "VR" in them, Beetlejuice style

Afternoon.

If someone has a problem with the way VR handles its diplomacy, please take it to the VR's feedback thread (it's in the official faction feedback forum) and one of us will handle it there.

RE: Junker Marauders | JM|- - NOVA-5 - 03-05-2014

Well truth be know, I've had nothing but respect for you lads, i've argued the toss for you's & put myself in the line of fire on more than one occasion in game, even to the point of losing one of my allies for the sake of standing up for you Junkers no matter what you do, we stick up for one another & try our best to sort troubles out.
That gripe about the VR, you put them in front of us, didn't like that one bit, to me it went against what a Junker is,
if that had been the other way around; I'd have not half told the VR where to stick it & said keep your nose out of Junker business that doesn't concern them & notified you of their intent to cause such trouble, but meh, that's just me,
if you want to go down that path; that's up to you, just watch your backs captains, you try that again & i'll cut you up into little jobs...
*Salute*

RE: Junker Marauders | JM|- - Junker Marauders - 03-05-2014

(03-05-2014, 12:01 AM).Gypsy. Wrote: Good luck on your request for officialdom. I don't mind either way.

We rat on Freelance smugglers because we want to help all Junkers gain more control over the smuggling market for themselves.

(03-05-2014, 12:16 AM)NOVA-5 Wrote: Well truth be know, I've had nothing but respect for you lads, i've argued the toss for you's & put myself in the line of fire on more than one occasion in game, even to the point of losing one of my allies for the sake of standing up for you Junkers no matter what you do, we stick up for one another & try our best to sort troubles out.
That gripe about the VR, you put them in front of us, didn't like that one bit, to me it went against what a Junker is,
if that had been the other way around; I'd have not half told the VR where to stick it & said keep your nose out of Junker business that doesn't concern them & notified you of their intent to cause such trouble, but meh, that's just me,
if you want to go down that path; that's up to you, just watch your backs captains, you try that again & i'll cut you up into little jobs...
*Salute*
Thank you for support. As I said we have no intention of attacking other Junkers directly. Only under certain circumstances. I hope that we do not cause too many grievances, however we will stick to what we find justified.
As I said, the VR thing was not meant to Imply at all that we have any gripes with the Congress. I think there's a general misinterpretation of that transmission.

RE: Junker Marauders | JM|- - .Gypsy. - 03-05-2014

(03-05-2014, 12:23 AM)Junker Marauders Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 12:01 AM).Gypsy. Wrote: Good luck on your request for officialdom. I don't mind either way.

We rat on Freelance smugglers because we want to help all Junkers gain more control over the smuggling market for themselves.

Really? Thats the card your choosing to play? In that link you refer to the "PSA announcement" about the Congress, you wrote:

Quote:It has come to my attention that, due to recent hostilities between the Libertonian Goverment and the Congress, you have transmitted a PSA announcement regarding this matter.
When I received this transmission, I began to wonder about relations with other Junkers beyond the Congress.
Therefore, I wish to say that we, the Junker Marauders, will not follow in the pursuit of the Congress and will try as hard as we can to abide by the law in Libertonian space.

Furthermore, if there is anything we could do to help uphold our resolution, we have a variety of 'services' that we could offer to both the Government and the Liberty Navy.

In which you state "When I received this transmission, I began to wonder about relations with other Junkers beyond the Congress."

Then you follow it up with: "Furthermore, if there is anything we could do to help uphold our resolution, we have a variety of 'services' that we could offer to both the Government and the Liberty Navy."

Are you really suggesting that this wasn't an offer to "Rat out" the Junker Congress in exchange for favor from the LN?

Then in the second post you practically admitted rating on Congress saying: "However, I do recall one of my people meeting with one of your people and discussing an information exchange regarding artifact smugglers. Though, maybe that never found it's way."

Even Admiral Baker knew you were offering to rat out the congress and said as much in her response to you.

Sorry that was all I was going to say above, but:
Quote:We rat on Freelance smugglers because we want to help all Junkers gain more control over the smuggling market for themselves.

Nobody is gonna buy that response.. but I will admit that its possible that it may not have been what it really seemed to be.

But this issue aside, I honestly do with you luck (not joking) Smile

RE: Junker Marauders | JM|- - Junker Marauders - 03-05-2014

(03-05-2014, 12:40 AM).Gypsy. Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 12:23 AM)Junker Marauders Wrote:

Really? Thats the card your choosing to play? In that link you refer to the "PSA announcement" about the Congress, you wrote:

Quote:It has come to my attention that, due to recent hostilities between the Libertonian Goverment and the Congress, you have transmitted a PSA announcement regarding this matter.
When I received this transmission, I began to wonder about relations with other Junkers beyond the Congress.
Therefore, I wish to say that we, the Junker Marauders, will not follow in the pursuit of the Congress and will try as hard as we can to abide by the law in Libertonian space.

Furthermore, if there is anything we could do to help uphold our resolution, we have a variety of 'services' that we could offer to both the Government and the Liberty Navy.

In which you state "When I received this transmission, I began to wonder about relations with other Junkers beyond the Congress."

Then you follow it up with: "Furthermore, if there is anything we could do to help uphold our resolution, we have a variety of 'services' that we could offer to both the Government and the Liberty Navy."

Are you really suggesting that this wasn't an offer to "Rat out" the Junker Congress in exchange for favor from the LN?

Then in the second post you practically admitted rating on Congress saying: "However, I do recall one of my people meeting with one of your people and discussing an information exchange regarding artifact smugglers. Though, maybe that never found it's way."

Even Admiral Baker knew you were offering to rat out the congress and said as much in her response to you.

Sorry that was all I was going to say above, but:
Quote:We rat on Freelance smugglers because we want to help all Junkers gain more control over the smuggling market for themselves.

Nobody is gonna buy that response.. but I will admit that its possible that it may not have been what it really seemed to be.

But this issue aside, I honestly do with you luck (not joking) Smile

That transmission does not entail that we want to rat on the Congress at all. I could even show you the logs and the forum RP (in the form of LN message dumps) that we're talking about Freelance smugglers. We are simply worried about the reputation of Junkers in general, so we wish to do what we can to still see if we can make ourselves at least semi-presentable in Liberty.
And thanks for the feedback. I hope this cleared up your worries.

RE: Junker Marauders | JM|- - NOVA-5 - 03-05-2014

Yes well, misinterpretations seems to be the problem here so i'll try again...
*Cough*
You best stop listening to yourself for one moment & listen to what I just said up there^ it's not like you haven't been told this before in one of our correspondents, we're loyal to Junkers, even to you so far up to now, but you ever harm one single hair on the head of a Junker again for the sake of blood money & i'll have a sword run straight though you & I tell you this...*Leans towards the monitor*
i'll do it myself.

Anyway, you have a good one out there capt & I wish you the best of luck.*Wink*