Discovery Gaming Community
Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers (/showthread.php?tid=114583)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - E.T. - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 05:46 PM)Explorer487 Wrote: " the server issues have not given us any reasons for a rollback at all"

Now they have a reason.

I must say i am not here browsing the forums much, (rl and freeworlds) but i see this QQ now and i find this ironic. Seeing you yourself declared an attack on a pob which was taking damage during the time frame you guys claim the server is almost unplayable.

Isn't this then a littlebit selfish? to just turn it as a rollback so YOU get your base back and others affected (even BY YOU) won't?

I say 1 thing: Karma

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Slavik - 04-17-2014

Clearly the "no need for a rollback" argument is now invalid yeah? Or will you put some things back yourself, coz yeah that would be nice as well... and if this would be communicated that would be nice as well...

Turn off base damage already coz clearly things are happening that shouldn't be

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Stoner_Steve - 04-17-2014

Is a rollback really required or can Admins simply restore the bases?

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Binski - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 05:58 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: Is a rollback really required or can Admins simply restore the bases?

I don't think they can restore individual bases, they'll need to rollback. Hopefully it just won't have to be that far back. I'm hoping no more than a day, 2 at the most.

What must be done?

Do the A.D.M.I.N.S. require a sacrifice?

I hear blodo's good at taking blame for stuff.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Danath - 04-17-2014

As a former Disco server admin, I can safely say that it IS possible to restore the bases that were lost without affecting the others as each base has its own .ini file in the server's Multiplayer folder. This could even be accomplished pretty quickly by opening up a backup file from before the trouble began and pasting the backup directory over the active one and saying no to overwriting any existing files (when a base is destroyed its file is automatically deleted). Whether or not they should do this is another matter, but at least I can say it is possible.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Highland Laddie - 04-17-2014

Yeah....my base (Oceana Shipping Platform) went from 100% health and stocked to dead now, apparently, as I can't find it on the base list, and there has been no attack declaration against it in a recent months). Dunno how that would happen without someone hacking something.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - Ponge - 04-17-2014

Then a base rollback/restoration is definitely due I think, if hackers are responsible. I hope an Admin can make a comment here soon.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - The Navajo - 04-17-2014

And the CGS|HQ was destroyed in New London yesterday evening between 9 pm and 12 pm. Since the server was up for only a few hours and activity was low for 20 Bretonian Battleships to log in and since the station is armed with many cerberuses, I don't see how would anyone be able to legally destroy it.

This base needs to be restored as well.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - SnakThree - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 09:09 PM)The Navajo Wrote: And the CGS|HQ was destroyed in New London yesterday evening between 9 pm and 12 pm. Since the server was up for only a few hours and activity was low for 20 Bretonian Battleships to log in and since the station is armed with many cerberuses, I don't see how would anyone be able to legally destroy it.

This base needs to be restored as well.
Should be. Doesn't need to, though.

RE: Turn off POB Damage due to Unstable Servers - The Navajo - 04-17-2014

Yes, it does need to. Cause some people put a lot into building and manning them. And we won't argue about you not liking Indians!