Discovery Gaming Community
NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! (/showthread.php?tid=116628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Alley - 06-23-2014

(06-23-2014, 12:43 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: Stupid question, but... where to download it? :|

Addition: I've registered but entered wrong e-mail. How to fix it, since I'm not allowed to register from the same PC?

you're not the first one to have screwed up his email, so I'll add an email validation field because apparently that's somehow needed.

RE: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Fluffyball - 06-23-2014

Looking good, yet not playable for me. I'm getting a slideshow thus I'm unable to play. So much for playing a new mod, huh...?

RE: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Moberg - 06-23-2014

So, I played around a little. Didn't have a chance to try capital ships out yet, but I started trading in order to test them too in the future. What I feel so far from my experience with the mod.

Positive
- Visuals. I really like how it is handled, although sometimes the starspheres feel a bit low quality compared to the rest. What I especially like is how high quality the starspheres on planets are, with a lot of details. The suns are also pretty nice.
- Difficulty. Controls and combat are okay to grasp, the type of weapons are really interesting and allow for better energy management and interesting loadout choices. Ammo based guns are really nice, although there could be more ammo to weapons with high refire like the Solaris. You really have to be careful about how much you shoot. Every shot matters. And combat feels a lot more deadly.
- Flying in planet atmosphere. I like this a lot. When I looked down on the deserts on Bastion for the first time or the green landscape of Tellus, the atmosphere was really nice. I actually spend quite a few minutes staring at the 'ground' and how nice the sun looked in the clouds.
- Music. Sounds really awesome most of the time and I really want those soundtracks. Some soundtracks - for example in clouds - sound really low quality combared to that, I think that can be improved.
- Trading. Few highly profitable routes, keep trading activity quite focused.
- Dynamic asteroids. Bumping them, shooting them is really neat and I like that they are not a big obstacle to larger ships as they would normally be.

Neutral
- Combat. It feels kind of .. I can't really find a word to describe it.. sluggish? I don't know if its a good or a bad thing, thus I put it in neutral.
- Comparably easy access to capital ships (Spyglass for money that is made in less than 5 hours after a restart, for example). Not sure if this is good or bad. On the good side it makes the process of acquiring the ship you want less a thing of mindlessly grinding.

Negative
- I'd like to see more ship diversity. The current shiplines look really good. Some designs need to get used to, but they're good in itself.
- Nebulas. Some nebulas are too far from a sphere and thus the texture looks really bad because its stretched, although the texture in itself is fine.
- NPC strength. Too weak. Drained the hull of the TSC command center and couldn't care less about the station and nearby NPCs shooting me. Didn't lose shield once.

Overall the mod made a good impression on me. It has lots of potential and I'll continue to play it for a while. Good work, keep it up!

RE: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Durandal - 06-23-2014

(06-23-2014, 09:11 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: Looking good, yet not playable for me. I'm getting a slideshow thus I'm unable to play. So much for playing a new mod, huh...?

Hey Toji, could you please post your system specs? I'm aware that we use some pretty large textures, and one of the things in our development roadmap is the introduction of a lower res version of the mod to accommodate for people with weaker rigs.

(06-23-2014, 09:27 PM)LordVipex Wrote: So, I played around a little. Didn't have a chance to try capital ships out yet, but I started trading in order to test them too in the future. What I feel so far from my experience with the mod.

Positive
- Visuals. I really like how it is handled, although sometimes the starspheres feel a bit low quality compared to the rest. What I especially like is how high quality the starspheres on planets are, with a lot of details. The suns are also pretty nice.
- Difficulty. Controls and combat are okay to grasp, the type of weapons are really interesting and allow for better energy management and interesting loadout choices. Ammo based guns are really nice, although there could be more ammo to weapons with high refire like the Solaris. You really have to be careful about how much you shoot. Every shot matters. And combat feels a lot more deadly.
- Flying in planet atmosphere. I like this a lot. When I looked down on the deserts on Bastion for the first time or the green landscape of Tellus, the atmosphere was really nice. I actually spend quite a few minutes staring at the 'ground' and how nice the sun looked in the clouds.
- Music. Sounds really awesome most of the time and I really want those soundtracks. Some soundtracks - for example in clouds - sound really low quality combared to that, I think that can be improved.
- Trading. Few highly profitable routes, keep trading activity quite focused.
- Dynamic asteroids. Bumping them, shooting them is really neat and I like that they are not a big obstacle to larger ships as they would normally be.

More trade routes/economic options in general are going to be introduced. I hope that doesn't turn out to be a negative for you. As for starspheres yeah, some of them are a bit older. The more recent ones like Homestead and Iota 77 are top notch.

(06-23-2014, 09:27 PM)LordVipex Wrote: Neutral
- Combat. It feels kind of .. I can't really find a word to describe it.. sluggish? I don't know if its a good or a bad thing, thus I put it in neutral.
- Comparably easy access to capital ships (Spyglass for money that is made in less than 5 hours after a restart, for example). Not sure if this is good or bad. On the good side it makes the process of acquiring the ship you want less a thing of mindlessly grinding.

Ships in Neo Terra actually turn and accelerate significantly quicker than in Discovery, but as a rule they have more mass. If you pitted them against a Disco VHF they'd stand about equal chances, they just feel heavier and more cinematic.

The game is supposed to be less grindy for fun toys but requires constant money making to replace ammo, and later on spare parts, crafting materials, etc. This should make trading a lot less of a chore and more constructive in general.

(06-23-2014, 09:27 PM)LordVipex Wrote: Negative
- I'd like to see more ship diversity. The current shiplines look really good. Some designs need to get used to, but they're good in itself.
- Nebulas. Some nebulas are too far from a sphere and thus the texture looks really bad because its stretched, although the texture in itself is fine.
- NPC strength. Too weak. Drained the hull of the TSC command center and couldn't care less about the station and nearby NPCs shooting me. Didn't lose shield once.

Ship diversity is coming, just as soon as we've got an official non beta release out. I'm ITCHING to make more ships, but game mechanics and playability come first.

The nebula thing can't always be helped, but this is noted and we'll try to improve it a bit.

The NPCs, well, they're supposed to be that way. The standpoint of the Neo Terra devteam is that it is a roleplay server, and significant combat interaction should be occuring between players, not players and NPCs. The exception to this rule is the random encounter "boss" fights we will be adding in that will have a chance to drop rare items.

(06-23-2014, 09:27 PM)LordVipex Wrote: Overall the mod made a good impression on me. It has lots of potential and I'll continue to play it for a while. Good work, keep it up!

Thanks, we will!

RE: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Fluffyball - 06-23-2014

Durandal, it's no use. I'm going on 2006 PC with sh**ty graphic card. Smile Every game I'd love to play says that I'm okay with Processor, RAM, and everything else - just graphic card is like one big nope. (It did cost me way less to buy X360 that a new graphic card - before haters jump on me, I like Ace Combat 6 and some other X360 exclusives).

RE: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Switchback - 06-24-2014

Oh look, this actually released.
Congratulations.

Hope my contributions (However small and long ago) helped.

Edit: Say, did you ever nerf those codenames I absolutely loved? The high refire ones. (Malachites?)

RE: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Durandal - 06-24-2014

Holographic banner effect prototype, going in to the next update. Yes, this is animated:

[Image: rgsRkoQ.jpg]

RE: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Alley - 06-25-2014

email validation field added on the registration page, I swear if you somehow screw up your email twice I'm going to be quite depressed.

RE: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Ayatolah - 06-25-2014

I have a question regarding mod's instalation. When you install the mod, will it do in a separate folder like disco, or will overwrite files on the original files. And can this conflict with disco or is perfectly playable in the same computer havig both mods installed?

RE: NOW LIVE - Neo Terra RP live Test! - Rodent - 06-25-2014

NT has a setting to clear cache files that'll allow you to play disco with it installed. I've tried it, it works. You just have to remember to clear it before switching mods. It'll install in a seperate folder but will require a vanilla FL installation.