Discovery Gaming Community
Could you not - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Could you not (/showthread.php?tid=126073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Could you not - Technogeist - 02-13-2015

I find the spiderman stuff pretty lame and repetitive as well, however that doesn't mean I care for another thing that is lame and repetitive to be spammed on a forum that has nothing to do with it.

So I guess what I'm saying is, just because one thing sucks and is allowed, doesn't mean another thing that sucks should be allowed. That's dumb.

If I had my way that premature ejaculate headed red freak would be banned as well, but I'll take what I can get, which is a lack of stupid cartoon spam from another department of Annoying.ltd

RE: Could you not - Marburg - 02-13-2015

(02-13-2015, 07:52 PM)Hidamari Wrote: from a technical standpoint the show is fine, its well animated and the voice cast is good. However like starwars being exposed to its rampant drooling fanbase wanting to 'spread the word' to every possible place they can. like dandelion seeds in the wind.

cant go anywhere without seeing or hearing about it, THAT is annoying, so made a little snoopy buddah statue and prayed to it for shutting down that thread.
This

(02-13-2015, 08:25 PM)ProwlerPC Wrote: Been more then just one thread, I still see ponies everywhere. How insecure one must feel when their favourite fictional TV picture is being threatened. I think most of us care little about the ponies and get more of a kick out of the almost religious like protective zeal of it's fanbois. I like taking shots at Han Solo's character too, lol the fanbois who rise to that challenge is excellent as well. Nothing beats a crusade born from and revolves around imagination.

I remember this used to happen here in Disco to those who cherished furries. Some called these attacks to the imagination rascist. I think the furry stuff was practice before the bronies came along and thus why these little ponies are on the receiving end of a routine from before.
and this.

when you boil off all the water, we would be hard pressed to find any significant number of people that actually hate the show. I checked out a handful of episodes a couple of years ago to see what all the hubub was about & what I saw was a cute kids TV show with a little wit attached to it. The show isn't what's irritating. it's simply the bronies that bring the hate upon themselves.

Adventure Time is also a cute kids TV show with a little wit attached to it & yet, I don't see an unreasonably rabid fan base attached to it all over the net...it all comes down to this. Bronies are fans of the show, but the reality of it is that bronies don't love the show anywhere near as much as they simply love being bronies to a massive fault. THAT'S why bronies are hated.

& Gy, you conveniently forget that before the reservation rule was implemented, ponies were posted just about everywhere around here & it got to the point where something had to be done...& from what I can remember, you & the unreasonably rabid subculture you ID with made the reservation rule happen in the first place, so, if you feel put out that your thread was locked for a little while...then frankly, tough tittie.

Now, I'm confident the lock was done just to make you squirm for a while since it was a dead thread for almost half a year before it was respamed yesterday, so at best, your irritation at the lock has less to do with not being allowed to post pony pics for a while because of your deep love of the show, but because of your deep love of little more than simply being a bronie, coupled with the fact the thread has your name on it

btw:
(02-13-2015, 08:09 PM)Stoat Wrote: Ahhh man, I've missed your sense of humour mate!!
OMG!!! Hey Stoat!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus Rice, it's good to see ya cousin! Smile Smile

RE: Could you not - Technogeist - 02-13-2015

Yeah the above.

RE: Could you not - Angry Zoner - 02-14-2015

Technogaist Wrote:I find the spiderman stuff pretty lame

[Image: tumblr_m5s1xfQWjN1ql8gnko1_500.jpg]

RE: Could you not - Gytrash - 02-14-2015

(02-13-2015, 09:35 PM)Marburg Wrote: <Words>

Yes, I'm partially at fault for creation of the rule, I'll admit that, in fact I don't think that I've specifically called for the removal of the rule just called for the unlocking of the thread named in the rule to ease compliance with the rule.

Now onto the second part

Quote:Now, I'm confident the lock was done just to make you squirm for a while since it was a dead thread for almost half a year before it was respamed yesterday

I wasn't here actively for most of that time, I posted ONCE in that thread and others responded, Now the first part of your post is interesting

Quote:Now, I'm confident the lock was done just to make you squirm for a while

While there are, I'm sure, certain people that would find that amusing staff powers should never be used to mess with a member of the community, if the lock was done to make me uncomfortable then that's not cool, if it was to do with my behaviour in other segments of the forums then the correct thing to do is slap me down there.

And I'm not going to deny that I love being a brony, hell, I'm flying to America for a pony convention in a few months and flying to the Gold Coast to help organise one next week.

However I also love the show, I can love both.