Discovery Gaming Community
Guard ID's in 4.85 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Guard ID's in 4.85 (/showthread.php?tid=12662)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Drake - 10-21-2008

' Wrote:What's the point of them costing 1 million credits for instance?

Inflation.

Okay, that wasn't constructive, so I'll continue. It does seem pointless to me. Everyone needs an ID, why do we make some cost more than others? It's not even really a limitation, everyone who's been around more than a day can afford 1mil for an ID. Why not just charge a minimal 1k for all IDs? What's the point of charging more?

Anyway, I think it's fairly obvious that the ID changes aren't really about indie capships. Kuraine has stated that controllers of guard systems aren't allowed to prevent properly tagged people from entering to buy ships and/or IDs. While his statement might not be 'official', he IS an admin, so until we hear otherwise (or until the official 4.85 rules come out and we find such a statement missing), it's reasonable to assume that his statement is a reflection of the general admin consensus.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Orin - 10-21-2008

"imaginary cap whore issue"? Have you ever played Discovery before Akuma?

No, you're right. No indies cap whore. Evar.:dry:

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Akumabito - 10-21-2008

Well, it would be nice if hoodlum had seen fit to verify the new "indies are not to be faction whored" rule instead of choosing not to answer, so I still have my doubts, especially when koord, who outranks kuraine, supports the "right" of factions to whore indies out of cap ships and the fact that currently the rules do allow the system owning faction to kill anyone in the guard system, even with a proper RP setup and proper ID.

As far as cap whoring, I've been bomber whored far more often than cap whored, this cap whoring is largely made up, an exaggeration. Caps are far more often the target of bomber whores than they are cap whores themselves.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 10-21-2008

OH MY GOD!

YOU PEOPLE WILL KILL THIS SERVER

If this continues, it will just be bombers and fighters....
These nerfs on capital ships HAVE to stop. If all this ZoI crap gets put into effect, (mind you i dont mind the restricting cruisers+battleships to gaurd ids) This will be SO much more work for the admins, and it will comepletly suck. I want a 250,000,000 Bomber lisence if this happens.

Not kidding

4.82 is looking better every day.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Orin - 10-21-2008

Indeed, Cam. Battleships should be able to roam free among the stars... Screw the consequences, right? No need for RP guidelines, aye?

If you want to come in here and preach your opinion, put something behind it.

ZoI crap? So what do you propose, dear sir?

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Drake - 10-21-2008

Well, capships are supposed to be getting a boost to go along with all these slightly-more-restrictive ID changes.

How come i never see anything about bomber restrictions?
its ALL CAPS.
CAPS
CAPS
CAPS
NERF THEMZORS

ZoI's should be BIGGER.

Little tiny ZoI's are extremely not realistic.
Zoner ZoI should be everywhere, since they'res freeports nearly everywhere.

I dont know about everyone elses ZoI, but this really does suck.
Indi capwhoring is out of control, but noone should be FORCED to join a faction if they want a cap.

Edit: SLIGHTLY? SLIGHTLY? This is a HUGE nerf.
One day my head will explode from this...

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Jinx - 10-21-2008

"can only operate in xxxx system" doesn t really mean you must never leave these areas. - it means that your tasks and purpose are limited to those systems.

i do not think that travelling for the sake of travelling - or resupply outside of that ZoI will get you into trouble much.

so - a zoner will surely be able to pass through any system he is allowed now. - but he might not execute the specific zoner business there ( whatever that might be ) ...

a BHG battleship can most probably enter new york to resupply. - however it should not hunt anyone but only defend itself - and the lawful forces should be made aware of what the ship is about. - so no random loitering. - but only a jerk would report such a ship for simply passing through and docking to resupply stuff.

after all, its not Rule-lancer - but an RP game. so - if you have the situational RP for what you do - you should be right.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Kuraine - 10-21-2008

Quote:Little tiny ZoI's are extremely not realistic.
Zoner ZoI should be everywhere, since they'res freeports nearly everywhere.

I dont know about everyone elses ZoI, but this really does suck.
Indi capwhoring is out of control, but noone should be FORCED to join a faction if they want a cap.

Edit: SLIGHTLY? SLIGHTLY? This is a HUGE nerf.

Umm, Cam...the Zoner zone of influence *IS* everywhere. Most factions don't have *that* small of a ZoI, but it is usually restricted to their home house. Take Liberty, for example. The Xenos can only go in Liberty, right? Well in 4.85, that will give them access to no less than 20 systems (including their guard system, kepler, galileo, hudson and bering). I don't think that's unreasonable area to be allowed to go around in for the Xenos. For the Liberty Rogues, their ZoI will allow no less than 22 (Magellan, Cortez and Cassini, plus all the same as Xeno except their guard system obviously) systems. Again, not too restricted, don't you think?

*breaths in and out* Thank you for clearing that up.
/extremly high anger rage over

Sorry, i really REALLY get angry sometimes, and when i am you'd just better watch out...