Discovery Gaming Community
House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs (/showthread.php?tid=129217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Thyrzul - 05-10-2015

I'm genuinely curious not only about who's idea it was, but who else agreed to it, what pros were listed in favor of this idea, and what listed cons did those outweight that in the end the idea seemed to be good overall. You know, I have some weird fetishes, like preference of transparency over sucking things up without being told why things are this way from now on.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Miaou - 05-10-2015

While I'm glad this doesn't screw GRN's war, this does however dick over a lot of houses. Many people bring up Bretonia, but what about Kusari? Suddenly they have no reason to go to the taus or patrol it even if by RP they should be. Seems like there's become a limit on what house lawfuls can do for no good reason, really.

As others said, I think the community wants to see why this change is being put into place.

edit: go away mods.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Binski - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 10:26 AM)SpaceTime Wrote: It was mockery to use the term "Independent Worlds" in the past, because Houses had literally consumed these bordering systems while in-lore these systems rarely received law enforcement patrols and were generally lawless.

Furthermore corporate authority is also increased. Since they are the only ones directly having a reason to be there.

What was happening the past many years, was contradicting the lore. So yes, Jamie, it's totally a lore-friendly decision.

100% agree with this. This is the first thing new players notice about independent systems when they join and it causes a lot of bad times. Time to open up some real estate. Its not the end of the world if activity is not always concentrated within house military/police/intel factions. This also gives new value to how houses apply themselves outside their direct borders, perhaps requiring a bit more creativity now.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Nerva - 05-10-2015

Liberty Navy destroys a Junker PoB in Puerto Rico.
Two days later, the Liberty Navy gets effectively cut out of Puerto Rico by rules. (And other 3 Houses get screwed over.)
Must be a coincidence.

And what I'm supposed to do with Hessians in Omega-7 as a Military? Trash talk them until they submit reports for trolling? There's even a RM battleship there.

EDIT: There were House military patrols in "Independent" systems and Border Worlds even in Vanilla. Claiming they should be lawless backwaters is ridiculous.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Char Aznable - 05-10-2015

I approve of this change as it for example provides the Bunters with a viable reason for existence, although I'm still of the opinion that some exceptions are to be made (Tau-29 (at least around Nago), Omega-3 (at least between the Gate and Sprague), Omega-7 etc. Those systems, where a notable presence of Military and police makes sense.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Texas Red - 05-10-2015

Wow. I don't even know what to say beyond smooth move guys. Smooth. Move. I mean that in the most negative way possible. This is a terrible descision.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Rodent - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 02:09 PM)Corundum Wrote: Liberty Navy destroys a Junker PoB in Puerto Rico.
Two days later, the Liberty Navy gets effectively cut out of Puerto Rico by rules. (And other 3 Houses get screwed over.)
Must be a coincidence.

And what I'm supposed to do with Hessians in Omega-7 as a Military? Trash talk them until they submit reports for trolling? There's even a RM battleship there.

EDIT: There were House military patrols in "Independent" systems and Border Worlds even in Vanilla. Claiming they should be lawless backwaters is ridiculous.

Pretty much this.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Thyrzul - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 02:19 PM)Char Aznable Wrote: I approve of this change as it for example provides the Bunters with a viable reason for existence, although I'm still of the opinion that some exceptions are to be made (Tau-29 (at least around Nago), Omega-3 (at least between the Gate and Sprague), Omega-7 etc. Those systems, where a notable presence of Military and police makes sense.

A viable reason for Bunters to exist would be their involvement in corporate piracy, being the guys who do the dirty job for corps against eachother, but for some reason several corporate leaders want to do that themselves and stay exempt from consequences/govt sanctions... I mean, wouldn't hiring random untrackable Bunters be the best way to avoid consequences and hit your rival at the same time?

Oh god, did I just go mad or what? Obviously the best solution for realizing corporate rivalry/piracy is to trim the powers of authorities without making any sense...

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Lythrilux - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 02:19 PM)Char Aznable Wrote: I approve of this change as it for example provides the Bunters with a viable reason for existence
I'm doubtful BHG activity would change any more than what it is now.

Law enforcement factions are ambient, BHG is not ambient. Law enforcement hangs around in systems for unlawfuls to hop on to go and shoot them. BHG sees potential targets and logs on to go after them. BHG has never been a faction which attracts activity. BHG ID'd players log on to find things and shoot them. It's rare that something logs on to come shoot at them, they don't stimulate raids etc. They latch onto the activity of other factions, as they sit right at the top of the food chain.

RE: House, Military, Police and Intelligence IDs - Swifty - 05-10-2015

Ok so after i read all this stuff - I will be straight and blunt with you all.

I don't know who did this changes, who requested them and why, (i do have some doubts though.) but i can tell it's by ooRP reasons and makes no sense at all. You people do realize that this changes not only will kill 95% of the activity of disco, but also most of the community because they're (or will be) unhappy.

Also, i can't remember any of you talking to us about it first? And it's funny you didn't because as soon as some Drama happened 2 days ago in Puerto Rico, this announcement comes literally out of nowhere (Like most announcements when some Drama involves our beloved Junker Congress faction that we all love.). If you're trying to make a decent April's joke just now, congrats your joke worked and you actually got me. But if this is real, you may expect the worse. You may have powers and all kinds of bullcrap, but that doesn't mean you can change something whenever you like without even talking to us or mentioning this to us first.

Oh and i can't help but quote this since it makes 10 times more sense than this announcement that came outta Puerto Rico's backside.

(05-10-2015, 02:09 PM)Corundum Wrote: Liberty Navy destroys a Junker PoB in Puerto Rico.
Must be a coincidence.