Discovery Gaming Community
PRIME| Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: PRIME| Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=130415)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: PRIME| Feedback Thread - Ace Razgriz - 06-13-2016

What happens when someone invades your country? Do you sit there and just scratch your head in awe? No? Oh right, you shoot them and fend them off.

Core are enemies of the AI, you came into the AI home space, Planet Gammu of all places, you shouldnt have expected a fair fight. All you want is your crap pvp urge satisfied, ok, next time I bring an Onuris into Rho i want only 1 ship to log to stop me and if its not a Core light fighter (cba for name) then prepare for the room to smell of hypocrisy.

RE: PRIME| Feedback Thread - Shizune - 06-13-2016

Are you all serious? Its called a restricted zone for a reason, he entered a restricted zone. Just like how Laz keeps flying into Mu and expects people to RP with him, when sadly its restricted order space, and each time he dies.

News flash. Yes, its RP, goodie goodie.
However, when you properly fly to a goddamn hostile homeworld and get told to leave and don't, thats usually when you, you know, get attacked. Also, their damn AI's, you know, their extremely protective of their damn home

If you don't like it, avoid going to a enemy homeworld next time

RE: PRIME| Feedback Thread - Yber - 06-13-2016

Quote:That's a negative, and will always be. PvP is part of RP, and as such unfair fights are not something that I am absolutely opposed to

Quote:only secondarily because it's nice to the player

tell me again how you planned to make every time you logged into the game with your faction an official event so nobody could do anything about you

PvP is a part of RP right?

RE: PRIME| Feedback Thread - Lythrilux - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 10:08 PM)PKPower Wrote: The thing about that kind of reasoning is, that you're talking about a faction that specifically tries to act as non-human as possible. I'm not saying that someone is simply able to just switch off their emotions, but it is the main fuondation of PRIME.

OoRPly you shouldn't forget you're just as human as other players.

Also I don't know why people think Laz was on a Core ship. He was on a Freelancer.

RE: PRIME| Feedback Thread - Char Aznable - 06-13-2016

I'm going to leave this thread to protect my sanity, but offer one single thing here:

If you're going to play a character in a Roleplaying game, regardless of it's nature, be it dice, Screen, keyboard or whatever, you have to learn to seperate yourself from the character you're playing. If you fail to do that, you're playing yourself and will get butthurt about being ganked, because in the safe environment your armchair provides you feel obliged that this game gives you a fair chance of winning. Once you seperated the two entities, however, you can learn how to have fun while being immersed - you try to find inRP justifications and solutions rather than ooRP complaints, and in the end you will have an enjoyable experience.

This, in fact, does not mean that the latter approach (neglecting RP) is wrong, it's just not RP. Once you try searching for ooRP reasoning for anything that happened to you inRP, you make a conscious decision that staying true to Roleplay and in character is secondary. This might be something that you can do and want to do, and I'm not going to be the judge about it being right - in its context it might certainly be fun - but what it isn't is Roleplay. So you can either go out and say that this is not a Roleplay server, which would be justified judging by the amount of people who don't want to do it, or you can accept that Roleplay is not about what you want, it's about what your character wants. Both are valid, but stop searching for a middle ground. There is none.

RE: PRIME| Feedback Thread - Ace Razgriz - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 10:15 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 10:08 PM)PKPower Wrote: The thing about that kind of reasoning is, that you're talking about a faction that specifically tries to act as non-human as possible. I'm not saying that someone is simply able to just switch off their emotions, but it is the main fuondation of PRIME.

OoRPly you shouldn't forget you're just as human as other players.

Also I don't know why people think Laz was on a Core ship. He was on a Freelancer.

Is this how you want to see the game? Are we not allowed to act inrp anymore? Are we all supposed to be nice bunnies and say "Oh this guy is in my home and im a hostile foreign threat, let me just have ONE of us go look at it"

No

This is why nobody likes Core, seriously, get over yourself. Im done with you, I'm done with your faction, and I'm done with your members, you think you all deserve special treatment. Like I said lyth, I expect only a single ship for all of core (even for how big you claim you are) If i come to rho, because thats what yo believe you need to do to be "fair" to the "players"

In that case stop coming to Mu while youre at it, no wonder people dont want to log if it entails interacting with core.

RE: PRIME| Feedback Thread - Laz - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 10:12 PM)Shizune Wrote: If you don't like it, avoid going to a enemy homeworld next time

And sit in an empty void. Since its the only place people are these days.
People cling to their bases, so they have a reason to shoot people.
Just to add both times in Mu have been joke kills as it were.

I think I am beginning to learn where Lyth is coming from when he talks about activity in the Omicrons. I thought I would RP, that went well.

(06-13-2016, 10:19 PM)Ace Razgriz Wrote: because thats what yo believe you need to do to be "fair" to the "players
I don't gank. Like ever. I can think of like 3 times, maybe, in my entire Disco history where I have ganked. And I want you to remember that I am **** at PvP so that should mean more given this started by a bunch of players (A few are quite good PvP'ers) ganked someone who is bad.

I am going to sleep before I grow a tumor of some sort.

RE: PRIME| Feedback Thread - Jazzi - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 09:38 PM)Traxit Wrote: This "RP over PvP" is really dumb and only shows ooRPly that you're no fun to play around with.
Are we playing the same server?

RE: PRIME| Feedback Thread - Lythrilux - 06-13-2016

This is a game. People play this game to have fun.

I don't care about RP over PvP and even vice versa. It's too easy to look at either and prioritise it above the other. I only care about gameplay. Each of our actions and every encounter we create should be done with the outcome resulting in the most smiling faces possible from both sides in mind, regardless of how much PvP or RP is applied within that encounter.

The RP > PvP mentality is what is killing this mod. I recall from Jonas's thread how he said all the 'serious' RPers were leaving the mod. In most cases such people are of the same calibre that flaunt such a cancerous mentality. It leads players to focus on only their RP and enjoyment and not what those they interact with my also desire from an encounter.

This selfish and honestly toxic culture is the invisible blight on the community. It doesn't create a desire to revisit familiar places for more interactions. It doesn't leave players with a sense of enjoyment after encounters. It just leads to tears and discussions like this.

And yes, I said invisible. That is because the people who flaunt it don't acknowledge how troublesome this culture is and in a way are innocently causing harm without seeing the effect.

RE: PRIME| Feedback Thread - pillow - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 10:19 PM)Ace Razgriz Wrote: Is this how you want to see the game? Are we not allowed to act inrp anymore? Are we all supposed to be nice bunnies and say "Oh this guy is in my home and im a hostile foreign threat, let me just have ONE of us go look at it"

No

Have two of you go look at it if that one guy is too incompetent to deal with it on his own.

(06-13-2016, 10:19 PM)Ace Razgriz Wrote: This is why nobody likes Core, seriously, get over yourself. Im done with you, I'm done with your faction, and I'm done with your members, you think you all deserve special treatment. Like I said lyth, I expect only a single ship for all of core (even for how big you claim you are) If i come to rho, because thats what yo believe you need to do to be "fair" to the "players"

In that case stop coming to Mu while youre at it, no wonder people dont want to log if it entails interacting with core.

Your faction is promoting stupid RP over the fun of the guy(s) you're interacting with. Don't pick on other factions when you're own is beyond broken as it is.

I'm also not a Core member anymore, and I'm certain many more that aren't still think the same way I do/Lyth does. What, are you done with them too? Done with whatever their faction is if they're the leader of one? Your logic is magnificent.

(04-17-2016, 05:05 PM)Omicega Wrote: Noted. I find your explanation entirely unacceptable. Your upholding of your own personal RP values might seem noble to you, but to me it just shows a total lack of empathy for the player(s) on the other side of the screen - an attitude I find deplorable. I am not a side character in your faction's RP environment - I am here to have fun just as much as you are. You, however, don't seem to care much at all about that, so I'll simply leave you with this:

In future, I will be sure to treat PRIME| with all the fair play it deserves. I would also encourage anyone else who might read this thread and the response offered to follow suit.

I wish I'd give enough of a damn to leave Conn and gank your faction out of Discovery for good. All of your posts tell me that all you want to do is ruin fun for others by piling as many people as you can over whoever you can.