Discovery Gaming Community
Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF (/showthread.php?tid=130647)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Mímir - 06-17-2015

What's the problem in a Pirate using a Freelancer IFF, really?

Like that mention of "abuse" - I think things like that should be clarified so we are all on the same page when discussing.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Fluffyball - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 12:56 AM)Leppy Wrote: I think the compromise suggested before (too lazy to look it up Tongue).

Make an unlawful IFF as an option and make the freelancer IFF unavailable to Pirate ID'd players.

That will still preserve roleplay (ie: a pirate ID character who is closely aligned with the Rogues and carries their IFF) while adding this helpful change to the mod.

I'm worried that number of Outcast ID players claiming to be not OC, but their Mercenaries, would rise. OC ID is a pretty wide ID for active assaults and is enough to harass traders and military everywhere.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Leppy - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 10:09 AM)Fluffyball Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 12:56 AM)Leppy Wrote: I think the compromise suggested before (too lazy to look it up Tongue).

Make an unlawful IFF as an option and make the freelancer IFF unavailable to Pirate ID'd players.

That will still preserve roleplay (ie: a pirate ID character who is closely aligned with the Rogues and carries their IFF) while adding this helpful change to the mod.

I'm worried that number of Outcast ID players claiming to be not OC, but their Mercenaries, would rise. OC ID is a pretty wide ID for active assaults and is enough to harass traders and military everywhere.

??? They have an Outcast ID so they are Outcasts...

Outcasts are a not a generic ID so this change doesn't affect anything to do with them.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Haste - 06-17-2015

I don't understand why a "Pirate IFF" is required at all, nor do I understand how having a Freelancer IFF as a pirate is "abuse". "Freelancer" is more or less a term for someone independent in the world of, well, Freelancer, and they can either be lawful or unlawful. I really don't see the problem here.

Don't really see an appropriate option in the poll. "Not forcing" would be most appropriate, but then what's the point of having this Outlaw IFF to begin with?

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Fluffyball - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 02:10 PM)Leppy Wrote:

Outcasts are a not a generic ID so this change doesn't affect anything to do with them.

In the Lane Hacker lore, NPCs (that drops Lane Hacker Pilot) are not the Lane Hackers but mercs hired by the Lane Hackers, as you know true Lane Hacker won't let himself captured.

The issue is people tend use non-generic ID for their roleplay, because sometimes they are limited by the generic ID. Someone might join Liberty Rogues or Outcasts, but they don't need to be born Outcasts or Rogue.

For example, I roleplayed with an Outcast ship. The thing was, my captain was not pure-blood born (so no Cardi was be required) Maltese and, alongside with his crew, just signed up for the affiliance with Outcasts - because he was chased out from the House Space for his extraordinary maps and databases.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Leppy - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 03:25 PM)Fluffyball Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 02:10 PM)Leppy Wrote:

In the Lane Hacker lore, NPCs (that drops Lane Hacker Pilot) are not the Lane Hackers but mercs hired by the Lane Hackers, as you know true Lane Hacker won't let himself captured.

The issue is people tend use non-generic ID for their roleplay, because sometimes they are limited by the generic ID. Someone might join Liberty Rogues or Outcasts, but they don't need to be born Outcasts or Rogue.

For example, I roleplayed with an Outcast ship. The thing was, my captain was not pure-blood born (so no Cardi was be required) Maltese and, alongside with his crew, just signed up for the affiliance with Outcasts - because he was chased out from the House Space for his extraordinary maps and databases.

Still not understanding what this has to do with pirates being locked out of the Freelancer IFF and the introduction of an unlawful/pirate IFF.

As to your side topic, I still don't see why that character wouldn't use the Outcast IFF... If your using a non-generic ID, you should generally use the corresponding IFF. If an Unlawful IFF is introduced, I don't any reason why a character like the one in your example couldn't use it I guess

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Coin - 06-18-2015

option 5: deny them any IFF

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Mímir - 06-18-2015

Could we have the "abuse" clarified or at least discussed? It's problematic to throw a wrench like that into the works, moreover we are a small community so it is of course also problematic if half view something as "abuse" and the other half view it is perfectly normal.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Sciamach - 06-18-2015

standby, lemmie just show my business card to any and all banks I walk into that clearly states I'm a bank robber

because thats a good idea.

In all honesty, the idea that we should be forced to fly inanely hostile IFFs is a ludicrous one. There needs to be a degree of stealth to independent pirates, as they've got enough problems as is.

Seriously no need for a forced IFF. Let people fly how they wish. If it means some more people get pirated out of it; so be it. Let interactions be had instead of more power-traders getting away to profit by pressing F2 on trade-lanes and fleeing anytime someone tries to interact with them.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - NOVA-5 - 06-20-2015

Can't you see my business card?
It's in the hacksaw marks of the 12 i'm pointing in your face.
Now just fill the bag or it's goodnight Vienna!

Shouldn't be forcing anything, you'd be removing the identities of some of the
pirates out there, there'd be no respect for any of them, you'd be massing them
in one big glorious hole, no difference between the clans from one end of Sirius
to the other. FR5's on tap, because they'll have no rights & claims.

There's plenty i see who'd love it, but let folk chose who they are,
it is Freelancer after all.