Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll (/showthread.php?tid=133468)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - The Savage - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 12:42 PM)Oldum Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 11:57 AM)FluffReborn Wrote: It actually makes sense, but certain factions cannot be touched because they are vanillia factions. Liberty has the most corporate factions, which is seven of them, while Bretonia barely has 3, Kusari 2 (or 3, if you count Hogosha) and Rheinland has 4. But then, fusion gets even more difficult, if two actually pretty similiar factions have way different diplomacy.

How did you figure that 7 for Liberty out ? I think I have a guess, but I'd like to know. Cause as far as I know, the companies tied closely to Liberty are DSE, Ageira , Universal Shipping and maybe IC , but even that is jsut a leftover from prevoius mod versions.

Liberty corporate factions:
- Ageira Technologies
- Cryer Pharmaceuticals
- Deep Space Engineering
- Interspace Commerce
- Orbital Spa and Cruise
- Synth Foods Incorporated
- Universal Shipping

And, what leftovers from the previous mod version? Those are the original factions from Freelancer.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Thyrzul - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 05:05 PM)FluffReborn Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 11:57 AM)FluffReborn Wrote: It actually makes sense, but certain factions cannot be touched because they are vanillia factions. Liberty has the most corporate factions, which is seven of them, while Bretonia barely has 3, Kusari 2 (or 3, if you count Hogosha) and Rheinland has 4. But then, fusion gets even more difficult, if two actually pretty similiar factions have way different diplomacy.

How did you figure that 7 for Liberty out ? I think I have a guess, but I'd like to know. Cause as far as I know, the companies tied closely to Liberty are DSE, Ageira , Universal Shipping and maybe IC , but even that is jsut a leftover from prevoius mod versions.

- Ageira Technologies
- Cryer Pharmaceuticals <- Inter-House Corporation
- Deep Space Engineering
- Interspace Commerce <- Inter-House Corporation (read the name, duh)
- Orbital Spa and Cruise <- Inter-House Corporation
- Synth Foods Incorporated <- Inter-House Corporation
- Universal Shipping

And, what leftovers from the previous mod version? Those are the original factions from Freelancer.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - The Savage - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 05:19 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: (...)

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Liberty_Corporations#Liberty_Corporate
My reply to that, check the factions' descriptions to each listed faction. It reads "Liberty" everywhere.

For me, as well as for other players, if thing is described as such in a game, the info is undeniable truth, if there's no correction on Wikia or forums - coming straight from lorewriters or admins. I've seen nothing like it.

Microsoft or Apple are also operating world-wide. But it doesn't make them non-American corporations.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Laz - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 05:19 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 05:05 PM)FluffReborn Wrote:

- Ageira Technologies
- Cryer Pharmaceuticals <- Inter-House Corporation
- Deep Space Engineering
- Interspace Commerce <- Inter-House Corporation (read the name, duh)
- Orbital Spa and Cruise <- Inter-House Corporation
- Synth Foods Incorporated <- Inter-House Corporation
- Universal Shipping

TO say...
Cryer is a Liberty born faction that is officially headquartered on Planet Denver, yet much of its business is handled on Atka.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - jammi - 12-01-2015

Synth is definitely a Liberty corp. They were founded in Liberty, developed their product in Liberty, are still headquartered in Liberty (Los Angeles), are heavily invested in Liberty's future (California Minor) and were basically awarded the ability to purchase Stuttgart as a punitive action Liberty was taking against Rhienland for failing to pay their debts after the 80 Years War. They're as Liberty as the LibDread.

IC is arguable (they were founded as the financial strongarm of the Liberty government and hold exclusive rights to the strategically vital USI system) but the player factions have consistently tried to diversify. OSC definitely isn't A LibCorp though. Originally New York's shipyards used to exclusively produce their liners, but they're also incorporated outside House space via Curacao and actively flaunt house laws by operating in areas they don't apply.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Thyrzul - 12-01-2015

Fluff, you can wipe your backside with the wiki.

I'm not saying it's as bad as it used to be, it improved a lot. Or rather those parts about gameplay data and numbers, where people insterted scripts drawing data directly out of the game so it stays up to date. But the part which is relevant here is sure outdated. Yes, those factions are Liberty-born factions, but they turned into Sirius-wide corporations since then. And apparently wiki is outdated about it. (Lol, it's like calling PFI a Bretonian corp because it started from Bretonia.) If it helps, just look at where these factions have bases at.

(12-01-2015, 06:44 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
Fluff, you can wipe your backside with the wiki.

I'm not saying it's as bad as it used to be, it improved a lot. Or rather those parts about gameplay data and numbers, where people insterted scripts drawing data directly out of the game so it stays up to date. But the part which is relevant here is sure outdated. Yes, those factions are Liberty-born factions, but they turned into Sirius-wide corporations since then. And apparently wiki is outdated about it. (Lol, it's like calling PFI a Bretonian corp because it started from Bretonia.) If it helps, just look at where these factions have bases at.

So Apple is not an American firm... O-oh. Thank you for enlightening me. Also, all info are in game. Every faction description in game reads that corp is Libertonian.

Okay, Synth is a Liberty corporation. The other three still aren't.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Swallow - 12-01-2015

Who cares?

(12-01-2015, 07:29 PM)Swallow Wrote: Who cares?

To be honest, it's a serious question here, since I'm not sure if I'm able to kill X or Y people as GRN or MND.