Discovery Gaming Community
New line to Law ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: New line to Law ID (/showthread.php?tid=138598)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New line to Law ID - Stefz - 06-02-2016

Take a RL example (which some people already provided before me): cops don't care if you have 10 or 100 tabs of acid, you will be arrested regardless.

(04-28-2016, 02:48 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: No cop will bother you because of one joint or something
Considering the fact that you live in Serbia, I'm puzzled as to how you can possibly make such a statement. A lot of people I know (myself included) have gotten into trouble for a ridiculously small amount of illegal stuff such as 1 joint.

This gets a no from me as well. No need to mix up server rules with iRP laws as unnecessary complications and issues will start to creep in. Whether or not a house will allow small amount of contraband is completely up to them and it should stay that way.

RE: New line to Law ID - sasapinjic - 06-02-2016

As a player that helps newbies all the time i like to have one unit of most important goods on my ship , so i can in any the time , without need to land , change ship , account , exit game/ leave game in background or search forum , give them some good trading advice when they contact me by in game PM .
For example , newbie have just buy Kishiro ID ship and he wants to go to Galia to start trade rute :
New London ( Gold Ore ) - Il de France ( Aluminium Ore ) , but he dont know what to bring from New York where is now , since Kishiro restart dont have Galia prices .
At that point i look on my ONE uint of Premium Scrap and i see that sells for 10822 in Dauphine ,
or that Black Market Amno from New York sells for 6077 in Auvergne ,
or one from New Berlin sells for 6718 in same place ,
or in case there is no Aluminum ore in Picardy POB , he can still make decent 3000 profit by hauling Energy Field Equipment to London .
Naturally , only because i have visited lots of bases on my trade ship AND i have those SAMPLES on board i can quickly and safely give them advice without need to leave ship in space or waste lots of time . While samples like Premium Scrap and Gold ore dont make me trouble with law players , those like Black Market Amno do , so thats why i suggest some flexibility here . It is not like i will smuggle one unit of contraband for crying out loud , this is a game people , it is suppose to be fun , not pushing . We already pretend we are in actual space ship cockpit , why cant we pretend we dont see that one samples ?
Even line in Police ID like :
"It is recommended that players ignore contraband in quantities less than 3" will make some difference , and suggest players not to be so literal in enforcing laws !
Naturally , safest solution will be to dont load any samples and dont give a damn about newbies , right ?

RE: New line to Law ID - Skorak - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 05:34 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: As a player that helps newbies all the time i like to have one unit of most important goods on my ship , so i can all the time , without need to land , change ship , account , exit game/ leave game in background or search forum , give them some good trading advice .
So because you don't want to do what we all do to find out trade routes you want all IDs changed and drastically change the RP environment? Did I just read that right?

RE: New line to Law ID - Lythrilux - 06-02-2016

Why do you need to have samples for newbies? Just tell them what's illegal. Surely if they can read the name of the commodity in your cargo hold, they can just read the name of it in group/local too? Furthermore it'd encourage them to purse the forums to look up local house laws.

All i wrote is MY explanation for new line need , nothing more and nothing less . It is up to community to discuss is majority like it or ( in this case ) not .
Quote:Why do you need to have samples for newbies? Just tell them what's illegal. Surely if they can read the name of the commodity in your cargo hold, they can just read the name of it in group/local too? Furthermore it'd encourage them to purse the forums to look up local house laws.
Because i don't have photographic memory to remember that ( New Berlin ) black Market amno sells in :
Auvegene for 6718 ,
Provence for 6120 ,
Edinburgh for 5278 ,
Leeds for 4631 ,
Omega 49 for 4172 ,
New York for 3654 ,
or in Omicron Delta for 2878 ,
but if i have sample of it on ship i can check that easy and provide valuable advice . Newbie can ask me what sells good from Liberty to Galia for example , and with sample on my ship i can look and provide advice even when i am in Picardy and he is in New York .
Also , not all newbies are honest traders , some wants to be smugglers or pirates from start , i provide help from them to . And i hate to send them to forum for thing i can do fast , and it cant l take them a lot of time to dig up , so long in fact it may discourage them to play game anymore ( newbie : " i am suppose to check all this ? No way , good bay discovery , i will play something different , like GTA" ) .
Newbies MUST first like the game , and THEN when they are infected with it , they will go to forums with they own free will ! (sun)

RE: New line to Law ID - Lythrilux - 06-02-2016

Why does the sell price matter? Isn't the premise of this topic the legality of said item? Plus you have tools like FLStat and FLComp to tell you commodity prices.

And if the newbies won't invest the time to check the forum then I don't really see how necessary they are as players in the first place.

(06-02-2016, 06:03 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Why does the sell price matter? Isn't the premise of this topic the legality of said item? Plus you have tools like FLStat and FLComp to tell you commodity prices.

You ask why i need to have samples for newbies and i answered ! Wink

(06-02-2016, 06:03 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: And if the newbies won't invest the time to check the forum then I don't really see how necessary they are as players in the first place.
I don't believe discovery is in luxury to afford casually not care will newbies will stick around or not anymore with continuous decline of players .
Planty of other games on the net and we need to grab for every player we get or "this time next year" we may not get more than 10 or so players at top time ! Sad

RE: New line to Law ID - Jayce - 06-02-2016

The law is the law is the law. Contraband is contraband. Drop it or explode. 1 unit or 5000 units.

RE: New line to Law ID - Anomander - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 07:07 PM)Jayce Wrote: The law is the law is the law. Contraband is contraband. Drop it or explode. 1 unit or 5000 units.
aaand this is just dumb... where is place for RP in such scenario?

Let's kill people for crossing the road on the red light - huh?
Someone by mistake light a cigarette under no-smoke-sign *boom* headshot...
Let's murder people in the name of LAW for each and the slightest offense.
I really hope that it's not an official LSF statement.

Well basically this is exactly what I was talking about - in RP there must be some place for gray area
since things shouldn't be settled binary way 0 / 1

If You caught a ship with eg. 10 - 100 - 1k - 5k of illegal cargo - we are dealing with a dealer/smuggler
If someone hauling eg. 1-5 pieced of SM then it's not an dealer/smuggler and he/she cannot be treated as such.

RE: New line to Law ID - Cælumaresh - 06-03-2016

(06-02-2016, 07:41 PM)Anomander Wrote: If someone hauling eg. 1-5 pieced of SM then it's not an dealer/smuggler and he/she cannot be treated as such.

You also have extreme cops that treat 1 small joint as the end of the world.
In my view its up to the player in question to decide wether its illegal or not.
They can choose to be lenient or hardasses when it comes to enforcing the laws.