Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Police, Inc. Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Liberty Police, Inc. Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=14469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

LPI Feedback - hack - 04-21-2009

To amplify on the "Seeing us more in the libby"comment, when it quits being vogue for factions to hunt the Patriots and Liberators, maybe we will. Until then.......

LPI Feedback - Thexare - 04-21-2009

What if I'm hunting Liberators in a Scimitar? It's an LF! :P

(answer to that question: I'll get my ass handed to me.)

' Wrote:Allow me to remind you that Libby can have Nuke or Screamer mine as a standard setup so either you have permission to have different setup or the standard loadout needs to change.
Well, then. One Liberator with a Nuke, one with a Screamer. One kills the shields, the other kills everything else.

I'm aware that this won't work so well solo (though I think the Screamer-user will have a better chance alone), but one on one, LF vs. Transport... I don't want to be the LF pilot in any situation.

Suggestion:

Allow Executioners. They got buffed in 4.85 to roughly standard HF level. Three class 9 guns, two class 8, one class 4 turret (probably rear-only). Looks like decent turning, too. Further, the Laws of Liberty post stated that they "are sold publicly as surplus", so the LPI shouldn't have any trouble getting their hands on a few.

LPI Feedback - Stygian - 04-22-2009

Quote:Allow Executioners. They got buffed in 4.85 to roughly standard HF level. Three class 9 guns, two class 8, one class 4 turret (probably rear-only). Looks like decent turning, too. Further, the Laws of Liberty post stated that they "are sold publicly as surplus", so the LPI shouldn't have any trouble getting their hands on a few.

We already use Eagles when needed, so the Executioners are unnecessary.

LPI Feedback - Orin - 04-22-2009

Eagles would be obtained from an outside source and would be needed to be recommissioned for police use. Why are you using them over your own hardware, exactly?

LPI Feedback - hack - 04-22-2009

' Wrote:Eagles would be obtained from an outside source and would be needed to be recommissioned for police use. Why are you using them over your own hardware, exactly?

The LPI does not have its own ship line. Again, for the west coast, the LPI DOES NOT have it's own ship line. We share the liberator with the Navy.Anyone with too much time on their hands who wants to design a line of ships for us apply within. The Eagle is a civilian ship and has been adopted as our SWAT fighter. The Eagle and the ROC are now sold in our guard system

LPI Feedback - hack - 04-22-2009

' Wrote:What if I'm hunting Liberators in a Scimitar? It's an LF! :P

(answer to that question: I'll get my ass handed to me.)
Well, then. One Liberator with a Nuke, one with a Screamer. One kills the shields, the other kills everything else.

I'm aware that this won't work so well solo (though I think the Screamer-user will have a better chance alone), but one on one, LF vs. Transport... I don't want to be the LF pilot in any situation.

Suggestion:

Allow Executioners. They got buffed in 4.85 to roughly standard HF level. Three class 9 guns, two class 8, one class 4 turret (probably rear-only). Looks like decent turning, too. Further, the Laws of Liberty post stated that they "are sold publicly as surplus", so the LPI shouldn't have any trouble getting their hands on a few.

The problem is that a lot of times Officers are alone and don't have backup.

As for the Executioners, we will look at them....

LPI Feedback - Zapp - 04-22-2009

OK, I'm gonna say this ONCE.

The LPI is a CIVILIAN CORPORATION. We are NOT a government agency, we are a freaking PRIVATIZED SECURITY FORCE.

The Liberator is, indeed, the ship our Guard flies. I will be the first to say that it is our main ship. BUT. And that's a really big BUT.

We reserve the right to fly Civilian ships. The Havoc, which is a Liberty/Bretonian lawful civilian bomber. The Upholder, which is a Navy bomber that our guard system sells.

Also, from what I've been hearing the LPI has been getting ganked a lot in the past few days by large ships. In response to this, the SWAT team will see more liberal use until such a time as gunboats and the like stop shooting at Patriots and Libs to be 'uber pwnzors'.

To enforce the embargo, SWAT ships are permitted to operate freely in Texas. It's hard to stop traders in Liberators, more so when they can just speed dock on the planet.

That is all.

Don't have your own ship line...? All house military and police forces share vessels, what do you mean?

Edit: And nothing wrong with Eagles, just seems odd to use them over Liberty ships.

LPI Feedback - Zapp - 04-22-2009

The LN would hate for us to use Guardians, and most people would disapprove as well.

Also, the RFP has their own special SHF that the RM shouldn't be using. So they don't all share ships. Most (read: all) police forces are customarily disallowed from using the "military hardware" VHFs.

Slight differences occur, I get that, but I had even seen you gents flying around in Guardians before. I wasn't exactly saying police fly the highest end military VHFs, just certain ones. You might see the Guardian as permissible, seeing as the infocard highlights its low cost in comparison to the top of the line Avenger. But really I was getting at the Executioner, as mentioned above. Its infocard states that it's used for "light interdiction", being something that the Navy would hardly get involved with in RP.

'Course, nothing wrong with a few Eagles, but seeing as they would take a lot more work to put into the force (not to mention they rape in PvP), you might restrict those a bit further and put the Executioner in as the standard ship. Isn't even in your status, looks like.