Discovery Gaming Community
bring back the barge - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: bring back the barge (/showthread.php?tid=149379)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: bring back the barge - Enkidu - 07-17-2017

(07-17-2017, 08:34 AM)Epo Wrote: 1 barge for factions and the problem is solved. It would be really helpful for filling distant pobs, as you could fill the barge in field and then transport the stuff to the base.

This, I strongly agree with this.

Perhaps give 1 to each trade faction instead of the CAU8, or make it work under the titan system.

RE: bring back the barge - Freeroamer - 07-17-2017

I would say that making it sort of work like FR7 where it has an Spec ops ID as such to allow factions such as IMG or Junkers to be permitted to own it.

RE: bring back the barge - ronillon - 07-17-2017

(07-17-2017, 08:34 AM)Epo Wrote: 1 barge for factions and the problem is solved. It would be really helpful for filling distant pobs, as you could fill the barge in field and then transport the stuff to the base.
Maybe if the Barge was NOT able to dock on POBs. Because then It will just become another free 10-40k storage and we will never see it again.

For me and probably many other independent players, limiting it to official factions only means I will never get the chance to fly it and any other interaction will be limited to what those factions decide to do. I mean not everyone's goal is to fly combat vessel, this could be something traders can aim for.

If I remember right, the Barge was removed because of power jump trading with it. Now that the biggest ship that can jump is 3600cargo, there is no reason not to return the Barge back. Price around 1B, able to dock on shipyards only.

TL;DR: Make it available for everyone or make it event only thing.

RE: bring back the barge - 7AlphaOne1 - 07-17-2017

A possible way to make sure people RP for the barges (if implemented again) would be the scientific data reward of the highest tier/whole new tier requiring, say, 30k-40k scientific data, a solid RP backing and regular activity. other than that, if it is going to be freely available, better off not reviving.

RE: bring back the barge - nOmnomnOm - 07-17-2017

30-40k Sci data?

Not worth it

At all

RE: bring back the barge - Reddy - 07-17-2017

Making the barge available to only offical mining and trading factions would be good. That way people actually join said factions and get a good profit for it

RE: bring back the barge - Goliath - 07-17-2017

(07-17-2017, 01:25 PM)K.Reddy Wrote: Making the barge available to only offical mining and trading factions would be good. That way people actually join said factions and get a good profit for it

If every Official trading faction will have Barges, that would totally be awkward. I don't want to see Barges everywhere, really.

The server is unstable enough, adding Barges would make it even worse.

Adding other ships would be fine, but Barge is too much.

RE: bring back the barge - Freeroamer - 07-17-2017

(07-17-2017, 11:10 AM)ronillon Wrote:
Maybe if the Barge was NOT able to dock on POBs. Because then It will just become another free 10-40k storage and we will never see it again.

For me and probably many other independent players, limiting it to official factions only means I will never get the chance to fly it and any other interaction will be limited to what those factions decide to do. I mean not everyone's goal is to fly combat vessel, this could be something traders can aim for.

If I remember right, the Barge was removed because of power jump trading with it. Now that the biggest ship that can jump is 3600cargo, there is no reason not to return the Barge back. Price around 1B, able to dock on shipyards only.

TL;DR: Make it available for everyone or make it event only thing.

Best idea I've seen

RE: bring back the barge - WesternPeregrine - 07-17-2017

Titans are unable to dock anywhere right? Doesn't that tell us that it's possible to make a ship unable to dock anywhere (with some added exceptions?).

As for the "dock on shipyards only", are there a wide spectrum of shipyards to allow all sort of barges in that case?

RE: bring back the barge - Terroruk - 07-17-2017

Bring back the barge it ok. But we have Trains, why don,t we do a Train cargo with 20,000 on it per official faction/unofficial faction Leader instead of the Barge cargo 40,000 it,s only an idea.!!!