Discovery Gaming Community
NEMP THE WORLD - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: NEMP THE WORLD (/showthread.php?tid=152350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Arbs - 08-01-2017

(07-31-2017, 11:40 PM)DarkTails Wrote: Nemp Rochester

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Epo - 08-01-2017

Nemp Malta to cut cardi x)

Sair fleets assemble!

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Sombs - 08-01-2017

So, reading all the suggestions so far, I've made a little map on what connection targets would make an impact.

Jump Gates:

New York - California
California - Magellan
Cortez - Manchester
Manchester - New London
New London - Newcastle
Leeds - Tau-31
Tau-23 - Lasange-Dock
Tau-29 - Kyushu
New Tokyo - Hokkaido
New Tokyo - Hiroshima
New Tokyo - Shikoku
Omega-3 - Omega-7
Omega-7 - Stuttgart
Stuttgart - New Berlin

All those connections don't have a jump hole to just ignore the NEMP'd gate, but include at least one other system to move to. The ones with the greatest impact would be New Tokyo - Shikoku, Omega-3 - Omega-7, New London - Manchester and New London - Newcastle, although the letter is no real important traffic connection. All the others are either easy to overcome or in low-pop areas or in areas where I'm afraid people wouldn't do much RP around it (Gallia, upper Kusari, Leeds/Tau-31, Rheinland).

Jump Holes:

Omicron Kappa - Omicron Delta
Omicron Gamma - Omicron Xi
Omicron Rho - Omicron Delta
Omicron Alpha - Omicron Beta
Omicron Xi - Omicron Beta
Pennsylvania - Kansas
Magellan - Cortez
Cortez - Coronado
Omicron Tau - Tau-37

I also played with the thought of cutting the Phi - Psi connection to prevent a certain group of no-RP-players from harvesting nomad BS remains in Ranseurs and Nephilims, but then again, I see no reason why to waste 800 Sci-Data for something that will have zero gain, as those players give no RP anyway. I think the Kappa - Delta Jump hole is a critical connection, as otherwise people would be forced to use Omicron Chi to reach Delta, or the way longer Xi-Munich-Sigma-15-Rho route. Similarly, Gamma-Xi cuts Xi off from Corsair reinforcements, so either they go through Chi or Rheinland. Rho-Delta would be something if Lyth was back, and Alpha-Beta would be absolutely critical if NC would be active in their home systems, same as with Tau-Tau37 or Xi-Beta. Penny-Kansas would make Copper powertrading for lolwuts harder, but then again they still have a Texas jump hole. Cortez-Coronado would be the first thing I'd do the very moment the story team decides to shiet all over the players and let Gallia go for Cortez, magically finding that jump hole while they think they can act like the gallic battleship can be treated as hidden, while the model can be seen every time you use the Birmingham-Cortez lane, instead of simply increasing their defensive by going for the California-Magellan gate, with the Yukon not around and San Diego being destroyed, or Manchester as it already has a gallic battleship around. While everyone and their mother wants gallic ZoI in California.

I also thought of some specific stations that either are being RP'd actively by active factions or are key stations in other aspects, but I won't voice my thoughts on those here.

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Shelco - 08-01-2017

If you cut California from New York, the Royal Navy will completely obliterate the system and bring it under their control ^-^

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Goliath - 08-01-2017

(08-01-2017, 11:23 AM)Shelco Wrote:
If you cut California from New York, the Royal Navy will completely obliterate the system and bring it under their control ^-^

Yes please.

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - 7AlphaOne1 - 08-01-2017

(07-31-2017, 11:42 PM)Shalo Wrote: PFI if they existed

OI!

(08-01-2017, 11:23 AM)Shelco Wrote:

And Spazzy will write reminders about how Gallia has no ZoI in California in the console.

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Shelco - 08-01-2017

(08-01-2017, 11:29 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: And Spazzy will write reminders about how Gallia has no ZoI in California in the console.

That would have to be changed then, since inRP, the Royal Navy pushes into California already and if the connection to New York is dead, it would mean an instant win for them.

RE: NEMP THE WORLD - Skorak - 08-01-2017

That's assuming all defense forces would be stationed outside of california which makes no sense.

We can hardly change the ZoI of a faction either for an event that doesn't even last a week.

Remember that NEMPs have no impact on the general storyline. When I'd NEMP Magellan-Cortez, it would just be a protest on how dumb that decision was. Gallia isn't completely stupid.