Discovery Gaming Community
Want to Start developing? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Freelancer Modding Tutorials (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: Want to Start developing? (/showthread.php?tid=15764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Want to Start developing? - Seth Karlo - 03-31-2009

Renaming it to something similar won't work. Go into the mods folder and rename one to editdiscovery or something. That should change it in FLMM.

To increase NPC spawns, go into the various entries in Universe.ini (I think) or the system files themselves and edit the spawn rates.

Seth

Want to Start developing? - sovereign - 04-06-2009

Infocards and names while system modding. Aiiigh... the tutorials I have say FLE does it wrong. That is correct. I've done what I thought was necessary, and failed utterly. Tried something a little different, failed again. So here's my situation.

I add an object to a system. Like, say, a star. In the system's .ini file, there is a bunch of stuff under the [Object] for it, including the lines
ids_name =
ids_info =

Those, if I am not mistaken, should point to the name and infocard of the object. For the purposes of figuring out how to do this, suppose I want to call my star "Happy Star" and give it an infocard that says "Radiates Happiness".

Go through the process step by step, please, assume that I have all the tools necessary but do not know how to use them or where to direct them to. Thankee.

On a related note, I would like a copy of the name/infocard number range assigned to each system... I've searched this forum and the dev forum to no avail.
EDIT: The latter part taken care of. I didn't notice the tabs of the discovery design.xls document, my bad. Above still stands, though.

Want to Start developing? - thegreatball - 04-08-2009

I'm pretty new to moding in general, and all tutorials ive tried didnt work(i dont know or care if it was me or the tutorial that was wrong) but now im on a different computer for a few days and milkshape wont start up becuase of microsoft's just-in-time debugger. Does anyone know if there are any other working importer/exporters(or just exporter) for any other program, and if not, does anyone know how to making one?

Want to Start developing? - Linkero - 04-08-2009

' Wrote:I'm pretty new to moding in general, and all tutorials ive tried didnt work(i dont know or care if it was me or the tutorial that was wrong) but now im on a different computer for a few days and milkshape wont start up becuase of microsoft's just-in-time debugger. Does anyone know if there are any other working importer/exporters(or just exporter) for any other program, and if not, does anyone know how to making one?

Have you tried to completely uninstall then reinstall milkshape? Also, what version of windows are you using?

Want to Start developing? - thegreatball - 04-08-2009

I installed milkshape 1.8.4 three times, and 1.7.8 two times, and windows xp

Want to Start developing? - Seth Karlo - 04-09-2009

' Wrote:Infocards and names while system modding. Aiiigh... the tutorials I have say FLE does it wrong. That is correct. I've done what I thought was necessary, and failed utterly. Tried something a little different, failed again. So here's my situation.

I add an object to a system. Like, say, a star. In the system's .ini file, there is a bunch of stuff under the [Object] for it, including the lines
ids_name =
ids_info =

Those, if I am not mistaken, should point to the name and infocard of the object. For the purposes of figuring out how to do this, suppose I want to call my star "Happy Star" and give it an infocard that says "Radiates Happiness".

Go through the process step by step, please, assume that I have all the tools necessary but do not know how to use them or where to direct them to. Thankee.
On a related note, I would like a copy of the name/infocard number range assigned to each system... I've searched this forum and the dev forum to no avail.
EDIT: The latter part taken care of. I didn't notice the tabs of the discovery design.xls document, my bad. Above still stands, though.

Heh, ok.

ids_name =

Is going to have a number after it. Let's take a section of my recent coding:

[Object]
nickname = LI10_05
pos = 38042, 0, 2147
ids_info = 462828
behavior = NOTHING
pilot = pilot_solar_hardest
dock_with = LI10_05_Base
base = LI10_05_Base
reputation = li_p_guardian
rotate = 0, 0, 0
archetype = largestation1
ids_name = 462827
loadout = space_station
difficulty_level = 10
space_costume = li_captain_head, li_male_elite_body
voice = atc_leg_m01

This is a base in the Illinois system, the LPI guard.

The line here is ids_name = 462827

Now, in a seperate file in my submission, I have this:

ids_name=
Police Plaza

Under that, I have:

ids_info=
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><RDL><PUSH/><TEXT>CLASS: Retribution</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>GRAVITY: Complete</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>DOCKING: Yes</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>AMENITIES: Yes</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>POPULATION: 10K</TEXT><PARA/><POP/></RDL>

And under that I have:

ids_description=
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><RDL><PUSH/><TEXT>The HQ of the LPI, this base was built to replace One Police Plaza on Manhattan, and it has expanded to fill its frame in bureaucracy. Designed by the famous architect Sen Kellis, the station is one of the most impressive in all of Sirius. The current Chief of Police holds his office here, as does each of his Deputy Chiefs. Hell, most LPI that have an office have it here, or at least space for one. The station also comes equipped with no less than 14 Sunbuck's depots, each one boasting a state of the art serving facility and extra toughened chairs for those with a bit extra body weight (Most of the LPI).</TEXT><PARA/><POP/></RDL>

So for your example, we would set a number (Which is in dsy_design for your system) For Illinois it is 462***

Anyway, you would assign a number in the main INI file. (For Illinois it's called li10.ini), and then in your seperate file you would have:

ids_name=
Happy Star

ids_info=
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><RDL><PUSH/><TEXT>DIAMETER: 13,867 km</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>MASS: 6.21 x 10e24 kg</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>TERRAIN: Transitional</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>TEMPERATURE: -86C to -32C</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>ESCAPE VELOCITY: 12.22 km/sec</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT></TEXT><PARA/><TEXT>Radiates happiness</TEXT><PARA/><POP/></RDL>

Then, when you do your system submission, Igiss puts them in. However, if you want to do it yourself, use a program called Fled-Ids.

Hope that helps.

Seth

Want to Start developing? - tazuras - 04-09-2009

What do you think of FL ID Ref & Viewer Seth? Seems much more usable than Fled-Ids to me.

Want to Start developing? - tansytansey - 04-09-2009

Hum, could anyone explain to me how to export things from Metasequoia to be useable in Milkshape?

Want to Start developing? - Tarkis - 04-09-2009

' Wrote:Hum, could anyone explain to me how to export things from Metasequoia to be useable in Milkshape?

I'd like to know this as well.

I tried, and failed:
[Image: 1GAH.jpg]

Want to Start developing? - Seth Karlo - 04-09-2009

Hahaahaa.

Right, try exporting to .3ds, and then import into Ms3d