Discovery Gaming Community
Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs (/showthread.php?tid=158361)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Sombs - 02-22-2018

Matter of factly, being limited to Omegas and Omicrons was one of the reasons why I SRP'd the Mako. Thanks for mentioning it, because whether you like it or not, people appreciate spending time with said SRP Mako. ;3

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Lythrilux - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 03:52 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Matter of factly, being limited to Omegas and Omicrons was one of the reasons why I SRP'd the Mako. Thanks for mentioning it, because whether you like it or not, people appreciate spending time with said SRP Mako. ;3

So you SRP'd the Mako to get around that limitation on the Independent ID. You proved that you weren't a lolwut and could be responsible with it outside of your ZoI. The result is your presence generating high quality roleplay that people like to see, read and interact with. A success story if I ever heard one.

You and The Core ID are living proof that my suggestion can work. It's why your posts are contradictory.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Enkidu - 02-22-2018

After this thread I really want to make a Valor nomad hunter.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Lythrilux - 02-22-2018

You'd only prove my point.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - HanCloudstone - 02-22-2018

I'd make a Coalition Nomad Hunter buuut if I remember correctly nothing prevents them from going to Omicrons anyway.
RiP.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Sombs - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 03:59 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 03:52 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Matter of factly, being limited to Omegas and Omicrons was one of the reasons why I SRP'd the Mako. Thanks for mentioning it, because whether you like it or not, people appreciate spending time with said SRP Mako. ;3

So you SRP'd the Mako to get around that limitation on the Independent ID. You proved that you weren't a lolwut and could be responsible with it outside of your ZoI. The result is your presence generating high quality roleplay that people like to see, read and interact with. A success story if I ever heard one.

You and The Core ID are living proof that my suggestion can work. It's why your posts are contradictory.

It's not contradictory. You shouldn't try to force people to put up three months of RP on forum and ingame just to have them get rid of a magical barrier that prevents them from going here and there. You are more likely to get surprised positively when you give people more permission than restriction. Expectations should always be low - because it is a game and not a job. You are very much likely to see more positive things when you don't kill possible encounters pre-emptively. In an ideal world, we have more Makos and Osirises in Delta, but forcing people to grind up 1.5 to 2 billion credits to go there in a battleship - which is simply another and different kind of playing Discovery - is not good. That being said, I really prefer playing with people. Official faction members are rarely seen, mostly only for raids. Indies don't restrict themselves to watch the player list and then jump into the game once the a raid starts or a counter is needed. Indies keep the game alive with surprises, both positive and negative ones, and in many cases, they deliver more fun than certain official factions.

I do feel we rather have a problem with the general permission to engage nomads anywhere. I'd rather see that being "Can engage Nomads anywhere outside Omicrons" instead of giving people the free ticket to just go to Delta and throw battleships at indies who don't even have access to Marduks. That or removing the damn Nomad BS NPC missions in Delta - they are jokes thanks to the new missiles. Nomad Hunters should feel the danger of entering the Nomicrons to get nomad remains, not just move to Delta, take a mission and blow Marduks up from a distance safely by using battleship missiles.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Reddy - 02-22-2018

I don't see the point of this thread. People have the right to bring whatever ship they want to wherever they want. It may not be safe for said ship but they can bring it. I've had to kill LNS ships flying around omicron minor as order. There was a case of a blind jumper valor who ended up in the same system i was flying in. Was a interesting encounter.
There was valors in ny, couple of nephs in new London. We just scream in e-chat, log ships and killed them.
They don't usually come back. If they do then we kill them again. That's the end of it.
I feel restrctions on a limited player base is not a good idea

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - oZoneRanger - 02-22-2018

I would support this change. If the System you want to go pew pew in is out of your LolCaps ZoI, then silent power trade some more for a couple of days and get a Cap ship that FITS the RP of the Zone you want to go pew pew in.

Other changes I would support-----.

Kick Indy CapShip piracy out of House controlled space and limit it to Independent systems.

People supplying their PoB using ships and IDs that make no sense for the System their PoB is in. Example....GMG ID and IFF 5k transport running supplies to a base in New London. Makes no inRP sense to me and is painful on the eyes. It is just as easy to get a Bowex or a BMM indy ID.

If we do not take care of the inRP ingame environment, then lets just do away with IDs and ZoIs and Technerfs and let it be a free-for-all, go anywhere with any ship type of game.

There is more than pew pew to do in the game.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - oZoneRanger - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 05:13 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: There is more than pew pew to do in the game.

Well....if you are taking your Indy lolCap to a system where your ID does not allow you to do much more than bait people, you are not really interested in RP, ......so you must be there for the PewPews and the Blues.