Discovery Gaming Community
A Unconventional Call to Arms - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A Unconventional Call to Arms (/showthread.php?tid=161459)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Nodoka Hanamura - 06-10-2018

Nodoka and Honya proceed to walk out of the bridge, but not before turning to a Kusarian brunette in the Ouroboros' Female uniform. "Commander Furukawa, you have the bridge."

"Hai, Hai, Saikou Shirei-kan." The girl nods, moving to take Nodoka's station on the bridge.

Bride approaches Elena in the Hangar. "You have the socket on the card ready to be desoldered? We can't use a card directly in the body." Bride declares over communications to Elena.

The woman stares out into the distance. "Huh. Cloud seems brighter. Guess there's something amplifying the local light today."

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Jadon King - 06-13-2018

"Yup, I made sure to have everything ready for her today. She deserves that much." She looks out as well. "Maybe, buuuuut just in case. Hey Crow! Mind making sure there isn't any weird crud going on?" "Will do. If there's anything out of the ordinary, we'll find it." The Hecate moves away from the Seraphine. Scanners searching for anything strange.
Elena walks off to enter the ship proper. "Come on slowpoke. We got a Human to make."

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Nodoka Hanamura - 06-13-2018

The two women stand in the elevator, watching the numbers count down to Deck 3. Honya chimes in, grabbing Nodoka's attention. "Alexei-kun is now aboard, and he reports Mercury-san has successfully transferred over to hardware. R&D has alredy collected Shinta and is preparing her as we speak."

"Excellent. Y'know.. I was excited when we originally got yours and Bride's bodies from IRG. Not so excited now."

"Of course. When you do things over and over again, they get repetitive." Honya responds.

Bride forms up on her, heading out of the Hangar towards Medical and R&D. "God this place gets more crowded by the day. Where the hell does Hanamura get the money to run this damn ship?" She says, only to brush her shoulder up against someone running in the hallway. "Watch it, Byeongshin!" She yells, before noticing Alexei heading into the R&D Block. "Guess Mr.Gopnik is here already. He must have Mercury."

"Oh they got the bone structure for Mercury done now? Hey that's great. Both sisters getting their shells." Elena smiles at Bride. "Though I suppose you've been a part of this dance before." She laughs continues to head to the R&D department, looking around she can't help but whistle. "Damn Bride, they've been busy."

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Nodoka Hanamura - 06-13-2018

Bride leads the way to the R&D block, proceeding through and making a left into a narrow hallway. At the end of that hallway, lies a door, amongst two others at each side. Bride stands before the one at the other end of the hallway, opening it automatically by her very presence. it reveals a mostly white room with a in-ground vat of a pinkish-red material bubbling about.

Above the vat, lies a circular, white object, with a Hollow, clear, somewhat flexible center, hoisted by two thick actuators. Above, lies two mechanical arms resting within a white series of nacelles that hide the joints and bones of each arm.

"This.. is what built my new body.. after Mark beat me in that fight." Bride says, turning to Birdie.

"About time you showed up." Alexei chimes in.

Nodoka and Honya approach from behind. "Well.. is everyone ready? I think we all know who deserves to go first." Nodoka says, looking to one of the lab technicians, removing Shinta's SoC and preparing it. "Ma'am, we've prepared it for Miss Graham. Miss Elena, if you could hand over Miss Cassiopeia, we can get started."

Elena tentatively hands the card to them. "Be careful, okay? I want her data intact." She says to the technician looking at them worriedly. "Why am I so worried? We know this works." Elena says to Nodoka, rubbing her arm as she does. Watching the technicians do their work.

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Nodoka Hanamura - 06-15-2018

The technician nods to Elena. "We promise you she'll be fine." The man looks at the chip, and then back to one of the other technicians. "Get me one of the Ageira LGA2048 Sockets, will you?"

The other technician in the room nods, moving to a nearby drawer, with a terminal adjacent to it. He pulls out a soldering iron and what looks like a CPU socket and passes it to his associate.

The man solders it into a black box with wires coming from the top of it, with what looks like neural lace affixed to the back of the flexible material inside the circular object in the middle of the room, only seconds later to open up the box from the side facing the terminal, and installs Cass' SoC into the socket before closing the box. "She's up - commence POST!"

The technician gives a thumbs up before switching over to the terminal and starting to test the device Cassiopeia was just installed into. "****, Firmware fault - flashing the BIOS... done. Testing... Okay - We had a corrupted BIOS, Identity return on the AI Core is valid. Loading makefile now... done. On your go, Commander Hanamura."

Nodoka gives a simple nod to the first technician, who simply responds in kind before turning to his contemporary. "We're green, hit it!"

The mechanical arms proceed to retreat into the ceiling, only to return with what looks like human bones, placing them accurately, one by one in the flexible material, revealing to be somewhat gelatinous in nature, rather than just flexible. She looks on with a smile, only to briefly turn to Elena. "Do you like Rachmiel so far, Elena?" she says, smiling to her partner.

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Jadon King - 06-15-2018

Elena watches closely, wincing when the soldering iron is taking to the card. Then going back to examining every move done by the team. Becoming enamored with the systems as they get it ready. Then as the bones are set she looks to Nodoka "It's amazing, I didn't think it'd be this... Fast."

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Nodoka Hanamura - 06-17-2018

The Arms retract into the ceiling, only to return carrying each, a needle like appendage and a large, transparent container of a pinkish-red liquid, not too different from the one below the body being constructed. Slowly, it injects itself into the viscious material, penetrating into the ribcage of the skeleton inside, pouring the contents inside. Meanwhile, a small wave of black material washes over the body from the plastic hull that contains the skeleton, and starts molding the material into body parts, organs, mostly.

"Nanite implementation in progress, 30% Complete." One of the technicians say as the digestive, cardiovascular and respiratory systems are created from the material being constantly injected into the slowly forming body. Moments later, excratory, reproductive, renal and Lymphatic systems are completed, only leaving the nervous system, which is soon built from the brain down, with the nanites building nerve connections to every part of the body, only for the skeleton and internal organs to be shielded by newly formed muscle, breast tissue on the chest presenting the body as that of a woman's, if the nether regions weren't already enough to verify it.

"Nanite implementation 90%... done. Commence Neuromuscular Ignition." the other technician declares, leaving the group to look on as the body is activated. The robotic arms once more retract, only to return with two larger needles, which seem to be directly attached to the ship's power system. "Charge in three.. two.. Now!" The main technician declares, as the feminine body jolts to life, the muscles still visible, jerking and moving about as the brain and body both are initialized by waves of electricity. Cassiopeia, still dormant inside the black box affixed to the skeleton and muscular layer of her new body, is then tilted downward by the machine, and dropped gently into the vat below along with the material she was held in.

"Skin Development in progress, pull her in 10." One of the technicians declares.

"Are you ready?" Nodoka asks, watching the contents of the Vat for the final step.

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Jadon King - 06-17-2018

"Oh trust me, this is something I've been wanting to see happen for months." She says watching the final process begin, then realizing she did in fact forget something. "Oh no... Nodoka, mind calling someone to get package of clothes from my ship?"