Discovery Gaming Community
Banned from Bering - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Banned from Bering (/showthread.php?tid=170743)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Banned from Bering - Lythrilux - 05-22-2019

Nevro made an excellent point in Discord: How does Liberty know that something as vague as Refurbished Electronics is being used by criminals? That could be like... TVs and Smartphones....

Asking generally here.

RE: Banned from Bering - SnakThree - 05-22-2019

(05-22-2019, 08:04 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Nevro made an excellent point in Discord: How does Liberty know that something as vague as Refurbished Electronics is being used by criminals? That could be like... TVs and Smartphones....

Asking generally here.

(05-20-2019, 05:41 AM)The Republic Of Liberty Wrote:
[Image: 220px-Flag-liberty.png]

Update on the state of affairs in the Independent Worlds;

Due to a large increase in security threats reported by the LSF, the Republic has made an executive decision to close all traffic to the Bering sector for an indefinite period. No traffic may pass into or through Bering without prior authorization from a ranking member of the Primary Liberty Forces ([LN], 5th|, =LSF=, LPI-). Those that are found breaking this cordon within the Libertonian-patrolled section of Bering will be considered tresspassers of a restricted zone under Section Three, Article Four of the Laws of the Republic of Liberty, and prosecuted as such. Cross-border traffic through the Hudson system remains unaffected.

In addition, we have identified a large spike in the trade of refurbished electronics and related material through the Bering embargo, apparently in aid of criminal elements to Liberty. Until we can further investigate the nature of this trade and the specific legality of different components, origins, destinations, etc., all "Refurbished Electronics" shipments are hereby grounded. Ships found carrying the cargo within the House of Liberty may suffer punishments from fines to forced ship impound as per Section One, Article One of the Laws of the Republic of Liberty.

- Boris Livingstone, Secretary of State for Internal Affairs

Do you realise how wide of a scope refurbished electronics is? The meta is heavy.

(05-22-2019, 08:08 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Do you realise how wide of a scope refurbished electronics is? The meta is heavy.

(05-19-2019, 09:55 PM)Wildkins Wrote:

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Navy
First Fleet Admiralty

Vice Admiral Nathaniel Davies

Forces:

I have been operating the Mount Hood in weapons and engine drills inside the Bering sector for some time, while evaluating the...trust that we can place upon the seemingly repentant Auxesia. They are relatively capable combat pilots, and certainly useful in our fight against the Alster Union. They're keen to make sure that Pacifica Base remains the molten scrap-heap it currently resembles, and I'm inclined to help them do so.

To that end, while upholding the Bering Embargo, a Junker by the name of "Mike.Ross" escaped the blockade line and slipped through toward Pacifica Base. The vessel was carrying what appears to be refurbished electronics equipment, which Auxesia seems to believe is being used to repair and retrofit the Unioner stronghold. Again, I'm inclined to agree - doubly so as the vessel crash-docked onto Pacifica, and no other installation has been sighted in this region of the sector. As well, we've seen several hostile vessels and many more freelancer craft hauling these seemingly unmarked electronics crates, whereas before the attack you'd never see such shipping; and liaison with the LPI has informed me that multiple vessels stopped have informed officers that they're all headed in the direction of the Bering corridor, or have been entirely uncooperative toward Liberty Forces.

I will recommend to the Republic of Liberty that we investigate the nature of this shipping and take whatever legal action necessary to curtail supply of the Alster Union.

With regards,

Nathaniel Davies
VADM, 1FLT
Liberty Navy

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

(05-22-2019, 08:09 PM)SnakThree Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 08:08 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Do you realise how wide of a scope refurbished electronics is? The meta is heavy.

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Navy
First Fleet Admiralty

Forces:

I have been operating the Mount Hood in weapons and engine drills inside the Bering sector for some time, while evaluating the...trust that we can place upon the seemingly repentant Auxesia. They are relatively capable combat pilots, and certainly useful in our fight against the Alster Union. They're keen to make sure that Pacifica Base remains the molten scrap-heap it currently resembles, and I'm inclined to help them do so.

To that end, while upholding the Bering Embargo, a Junker by the name of "Mike.Ross" escaped the blockade line and slipped through toward Pacifica Base. The vessel was carrying what appears to be refurbished electronics equipment, which Auxesia seems to believe is being used to repair and retrofit the Unioner stronghold. Again, I'm inclined to agree - doubly so as the vessel crash-docked onto Pacifica, and no other installation has been sighted in this region of the sector. As well, we've seen several hostile vessels and many more freelancer craft hauling these seemingly unmarked electronics crates, whereas before the attack you'd never see such shipping; and liaison with the LPI has informed me that multiple vessels stopped have informed officers that they're all headed in the direction of the Bering corridor, or have been entirely uncooperative toward Liberty Forces.

I will recommend to the Republic of Liberty that we investigate the nature of this shipping and take whatever legal action necessary to curtail supply of the Alster Union.

With regards,

Nathaniel Davies
VADM, 1FLT
Liberty Navy

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

You see a single indie do something wrong and apply actions against the entire NPC faction. That's dumb as hell.

RE: Banned from Bering - Sombs - 05-22-2019

(05-22-2019, 08:12 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Navy
First Fleet Admiralty

Forces:

With regards,

Nathaniel Davies
VADM, 1FLT
Liberty Navy

You see a single indie do something wrong and apply actions against the entire NPC faction. That's dumb as hell.

*cough* Core-Zoner-Conflict *cough*

(05-22-2019, 08:12 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Navy
First Fleet Admiralty

Forces:

With regards,

Nathaniel Davies
VADM, 1FLT
Liberty Navy

What NPC faction? What are you talking about? We were talking about cargo, now suddenly faction. Please decide what you are trying to achieve here besides misdirection and general disappointment for spontaneous roleplay.

RE: Banned from Bering - TLI-Inferno - 05-22-2019

So, one indie brings a restricted cargo to an illegal base.

Now NOBODY in ANY faction is allowed to haul a completely unrelated, unregulated commodity, that has no connection to unlawful factions, and most profitably sold on a 100% lawful core base?

(05-22-2019, 08:14 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: *cough* Core-Zoner-Conflict *cough*

We were being antagonised by some officials both in and out of CoF, as well as the FP11 station admin at the time (which was Conrad iirc). And let's be honest, that conflict ended up being a positive thing. I digress, this isn't relevant to the topic at hand.

(05-22-2019, 08:16 PM)SnakThree Wrote: What NPC faction? What are you talking about? We were talking about cargo, now suddenly faction. Please decide what you are trying to achieve here besides misdirection and general disappointment for spontaneous roleplay.

You're applying something against several NPC factions because of the action of an indie.

RE: Banned from Bering - Enkidu - 05-22-2019

I love this situation.

I propose Liberty kills them all and lets God sort them out. >:U

Bring me more Unioners, yess =3