Discovery Gaming Community
Opinion: Discovery's Problems - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Opinion: Discovery's Problems (/showthread.php?tid=177636)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Opinion: Discovery's Problems - Grumblesaur - 03-24-2020

(03-24-2020, 09:52 PM)Pillow Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 09:02 PM)Binski Wrote: Thanks for all replies/discussion. TL;DR -> Go back to the top and read it all. Every word. Climb that wall Smile

nobody gives enough of a sh!t about you to read all of your pretentious walls of text

If you don't care about what he said, why are you in his thread?

RE: Opinion: Discovery's Problems - Kokopelli - 03-24-2020

(03-24-2020, 10:20 PM)Grumblesaur Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 09:02 PM)Binski Wrote: Thanks for all replies/discussion. TL;DR -> Go back to the top and read it all. Every word. Climb that wall Smile

nobody gives enough of a sh!t about you to read all of your pretentious walls of text

Sometimes, the urge to spew out some much needed (nope) edgy commentary is irresistible.

Seems like routine for many people here.

RE: Opinion: Discovery's Problems - Thexare - 03-24-2020

(03-23-2020, 04:39 PM)Pillow Wrote: its funny but the things you people are upset about are bombers
the only reason caps have a say in snub fights is bombers

logically, caps arent even close to being the problem, but bombers being snub sized leading to caps needing guns that can shoot snub-sized targets down which results in capital ship loadouts designed to kill snubs

thank you

RE: Opinion: Discovery's Problems - Lucifer - 03-25-2020

(03-24-2020, 11:29 PM)Thexare Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 04:39 PM)Pillow Wrote: its funny but the things you people are upset about are bombers

logically, caps arent even close to being the problem, but bombers being snub sized leading to caps needing guns that can shoot snub-sized targets down which results in capital ship loadouts designed to kill snubs

thank you

thank you

RE: Opinion: Discovery's Problems - Thunderer - 03-25-2020

So delete bombers? Turn gunboats into bombers?

RE: Opinion: Discovery's Problems - Groshyr - 03-25-2020

I'd like this. Snubs then could fight separately or swarm a gunboat. Gunboat would be a middle class between snub and caps. However, caps would be incapable to shoot shub but gunboat. But, who cares about changing balance to make classes working better in separately when you can just drop a Solaris dreadnought at snubs

RE: Opinion: Discovery's Problems - Binski - 03-25-2020

(03-24-2020, 09:52 PM)Groshyr Wrote: So Zoners think they can do "military" factions because they have caps its quite fine for you?

Yeah pretty much. Neutrality does not mean pacifism. If they only represent their own interests, you'd expect some hard cores to pop up out there. I could care less if they'd actually let some fun be had and let ZM ID fly carriers. Zoners to me are just generic independent settlers of the outer zones. Each group of Zoners from each area they are from should be able to create smaller sub societies/factions, and can be as militant as they like under appropriate circumstances.

(03-24-2020, 11:29 PM)Thexare Wrote:

thank you

Caps arent a problem, thats true. Not sure what to tell you on this, I think each cap should be like real ship and have a mix. But one bomber is no threat to any cap anymore, and if your swarmed you're screwed anyways. Or you have backup and can do better. But this is also why I suggested a new torp type. Maybe it would be better all around to give bombers less torps but with higher damage.

Thanks. Its not even about the content at this point, its about getting people to focus longer than 10 seconds! I may be pretentious...about my attention span!

(03-25-2020, 01:02 PM)Thunderer Wrote: So delete bombers? Turn gunboats into bombers?

Merge bombers and fighters. Make gunboats space submarines (torpedo boats).

(03-25-2020, 01:15 PM)Groshyr Wrote: I'd like this. Snubs then could fight separately or swarm a gunboat. Gunboat would be a middle class between snub and caps. However, caps would be incapable to shoot shub but gunboat. But, who cares about changing balance to make classes working better in separately when you can just drop a Solaris dreadnought at snubs

I dunno I'm no fan of rock /paper/scissors balance. But yeah if we did delete bombers (make havoc a VHF but dont change anything but the turn rate) and made VHF's bomber capable, snub fighting would be much better. Caps would get a break because every snub can serve as anti snub as well as bombers. If there are snubs on both sides they would fight each other more...(?)

Because bombers waste too much time on wasting torps that only get flakked, and so the only real benefit is a snac of some kind and rockets, both are hard to aim and have low range. I'd rather only a few torps, but be big woppers with a higher dps and better chance of scoring hits. Bombers if kept separate would be for really heavy torps, low ammo, and you'd fly to get in, unload your ammo, and get out.

So like the old days we could just use a vhf and choose between fighter or bomber loadout. The toss up was not having a cd, so if you took a heavy torp into battle even as a fighter (so you can try doing both), if you wound up dogfighting the balancer was you couldn't catch cloakers escaping.

RE: Opinion: Discovery's Problems - Groshyr - 03-25-2020

>make vhf bomber capable

I'm done here. bye

RE: Opinion: Discovery's Problems - pillow - 03-25-2020

Smile

RE: Opinion: Discovery's Problems - Binski - 03-25-2020

(03-25-2020, 02:11 PM)Groshyr Wrote: >make vhf bomber capable

I'm done here. bye

Well thats how they do things in the real world. Most bombers these days are literally fighter-bombers and are capable of switching between a primary focus on either anti-fighter or bomber role. Bombers of real life like the B-52 are more like our gunboats, as they are much larger and less maneuverable. If we keep divided classes, bombers should be bigger with heavy weapons that actually make it worth flying a slower ship thats has poor range. Basically its like we have one ship class too many, and the problem is on the fighter/bomber line. We don't need both, when it comes to the current differences between fighters and bombers.