Discovery Gaming Community
Faction Ship Lines - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Faction Ship Lines (/showthread.php?tid=19245)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Faction Ship Lines - Xing - 04-15-2009

Budget=/= new ships.
For all I care Oc and Corsairs shouldnt have capital ships at all...
Order mass production of Osiris? lulz.
Hessian Kreuzer? lolwut.
pirate own ship line? look at the rogue and molly vanilla description, that's what it should be all about. Built upon the chassis of a civilian craft.
Look at the OC, a ships built by a coalition of borderworld factions.
Even the dragons are merely using stolen old imperial fighters.
And even the Order are merely working on stolen Defender/Avenger which they further modified...

The only one making no real sense are the corsair, who for some reason, have a shipyard. How did they made up a shipyard when their entire people are starving, I have, no idea.

But much of this game make no sense at all.

Should any faction get their own line? not really.
Will they get them? of course they will.

Faction Ship Lines - bluntpencil2001 - 04-15-2009

' Wrote:The only one making no real sense are the corsair, who for some reason, have a shipyard. How did they made up a shipyard when their entire people are starving, I have, no idea.

Common misconception. The Corsairs are not starving. They just don't have an independent food source. They import food with their vast wealth, which they have due to piracy and smuggling. They also have plenty of ship-building resources.

Put it this way: I might have a mine full of iron and other metals with which to build ships. I can't eat those resources, though.

Faction Ship Lines - pieguy259 - 04-15-2009

Discussion on some proposed ships.

Faction Ship Lines - Jamez - 04-15-2009

The day the Chrysanthemums get capital ships is the day when shipline expansion has went too far. Take from that what you will.

Faction Ship Lines - AJBeast - 04-15-2009

On an RP standpoint i think all factions having their own shiplines would be bad.

However on other standpoints i see it beeing great. Lets be honest for a moment , people have a tendency to join factions with vast shiplines. IF every faction had their own ships it would spread the members more evenly across the several factions.

I think a good mix would be every faction having their own shipline , but the size and diversity of the ships would depend on the factions size. Like , minimum 1 fighter, maximum fighters, bombers, GBs, cruisers, battlecruisers and battleships.

Faction Ship Lines - Carlos_Benitez - 04-15-2009

In the real world, companies, police forces, etc. don't make their own cars. They normally get themselves generic vehicles, and stick their own decals all over it.
eg. Police, driving schools, banks, etc. etc.

This holds true for most police forces; The Patriot, the Cavilier, etc. are all generic ships produced in that nation, that are utilised by the police and civillians.
I think the same should be true for smaller organisations particularly within the houses.
The mod has succeeded in making people use a variety of ships, rather than just Eagles, Eagles and more Eagles (as on most vanilla servers) but I do believe it shouldn't be taken too far, to the point were almost every handful of players has their own ship.

However, I also believe that, whilst he may feel happy to raise these questions, the situation is Zelot's fault.

Faction Ship Lines - pipboy - 04-15-2009

' Wrote:There isn't much point in that, I don't think. Seems like a rather large waste of time to make a pink Eagle for the GC, 'eh? Same thing for making a green one for the LWB, or a red Sabre for the Hessians. Just using ships that you can get your hands on just seems to make more sense to me...

Also, I didn't really think Samura cared THAT intently about the FA. >.>

I'm just imagining pink GC Eagles... heh...

And about the FA - that may be, I'm honestly not an FA expert. I leave that stuff to you and Zelot. I know the Hogosha are their right hand but I always just assumed the FA was their left. I don't really ever dock on FA bases so I know as much as the news reports in Kusari and the rumors on Hogosha bases tell me.

Faction Ship Lines - Unseelie - 04-15-2009

I'm not convinced that people do join factions with shiplines. Bretonia has a huge playerbase, and very few ships, as compared to Liberty. The GC have three factions, but only recently got ship(one) (why, I've no idea).

I'm not saying pink eagles, I'm saying an eagle with huge chrysanthemums emblazoned on the wings. pink=feminine is a phenomenon of this era, and I don't expect it to last.

Modelers have built lots of ships, but not much else. I'm not going to dictate to modders in any great manner, because I've no power to direct their efforts beyond my own persuasion. But if I did, I'd be directing modders to work out new asteriod bases, new base components, new mines (why does everyone and their mum use the exact same mine component?) cargopods, commodity canisters....(nomads in particular eject and look like people...)

Texturers could work on many of the same things, but also work on stars, on skyskapes, planets...

My point being, there's a huge wealth of possible changes that could be made to this mod, but most modelers are stuck in the rut of pumping out new ships. New ships to the point that we wonder what we need that next ship for.

Faction Ship Lines - Xing - 04-15-2009

because that's what everyone is asking us to do...
mreh.
Also, new mine? what do you mean by that?

speaking of which... I really want to make custom asteroids.

Faction Ship Lines - johnpeter - 04-15-2009

I think so, even if it is OORP, would you rather //not// have them?