Discovery Gaming Community
[SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful (/showthread.php?tid=200476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - 'Valkyrie' - 11-15-2023

I think most of the people came for the bounty board.

RE: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - Czechmate - 11-15-2023

Lots of freelancers were on the side with no bounties! I must say, although seems hard to defend in this system and it's stressful, it IS a lot of fun, and brings an event-like concept in! The Siege system is a far cry from the disable Interface and farm time sieges of the past.

RE: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - McKarnigan - 11-15-2023

For me, all this has been one outburst after another, the PR line has been clear and well carried out, and the owner of the base could have organized a good mercenary army and had a good battle, but suddenly someone has believed that converting a regional conflict into a battle involving half of Sirius was a good idea and this has been created, in my opinion, completely unnecessary, I don't know if it is due to the need for prominence of some or there is something else behind it that comes from before, but, as an observer who has no characters involved and who has recently returned to the server, I have felt ashamed of how everything has been handled.

my five cents.

RE: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - James Greed - 11-16-2023

RE: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - Saronsen - 11-16-2023

RE: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - Hawksmoor - 11-16-2023

(11-15-2023, 11:13 AM)Kauket Wrote: Just as a note to the community, none of this is consented by our group. Especially not the part where you are projecting your own RP onto the Technocracy's point of view (that is not our perspective about this. )

We do not endorse this, and do not see our presence as approval.

None of what your group is doing is consented by anybody else so why don't you sit back and be quiet.

RE: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - Czechmate - 11-16-2023

Let's keep the oorp stuff aside from here Smile
First day was a success, big fights won by both sides, big server spike - what else can we ask for!

RE: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - Uknown - 11-16-2023

(11-15-2023, 11:13 AM)Kauket Wrote: Just as a note to the community, none of this is consented by our group. Especially not the part where you are projecting your own RP onto the Technocracy's point of view (that is not our perspective about this. )
We do not endorse this, and do not see our presence as approval.
No one is asking you @Kauket about if you like it or not, still your "opinion" is noticed, but as sometimes happen, no one wanna follow that way to view things about it ...

(11-15-2023, 12:49 PM)Karst Wrote: I really don't think you should be trying to engage Liberty lawful forces, who really have no reason to defend some unaffiliated POB outside of their jurisdiction, in an "event" that just so happens to occur in the siege window of an active siege declaration.
This is just a very poor defense attempt of said POB masquerading as a roleplay event.
Lets put this perspective, imagine this situation in real life, you are the hmm, Australian Navy and you saw the Russian Navy doing things really close to your home waters ... what you gonna do? well, Technocracy of Auxo is doing things really close to Pennsylvania (1 system away), whatever they doing are increasing the danger on the zone too close to home systems, so they dispatch ships to look after them, increasing the enemy amounts, deploying more ships ... easy as that, what i belive is that you want the base sieged for some reason, why liberty can't defend and outpost if they are requesting for help? Kansas is kinda independent, but liberty system ... a mess of course

(11-15-2023, 05:18 PM)Haste Wrote: I don't see how this event is any different from posting a Discord event in a liblawful Discord or two to defend a PoB from Liberty's enemies. Sure, there's no real reason for Liberty to give a damn about the PoB, but they certainly would appreciate Liberty's enemies all lining up nicely to be shot as they attempt to siege it. That's a very easy roleplay angle to defend Liberty showing up.
Is this event particularly necessary? No, not really. Is it offensive? Nope.
Ah, some really nice way, but it can bring some server activity too, and that is even better and good for the own server Big Grin

(11-15-2023, 06:01 PM)Erremnart Wrote:
Liberty Navy shouldn't be caring about some unregistered PoB beyond their borders, that's true. If they wanted protection, they should've built it in Liberty and registered it.
But they should be caring about a large force of their enemies doing something on their borders. Whatever they're doing, lawfuls don't want them to achieve it in there. Whatever your enemy is trying to achieve can't be good for you - that's the simple military logic.
A perfect opportunity for people who want to shoot stuff on either side.
The best answer i could find in whole posts, people like to just pew pew but want some motivation to do so, so ... is a good way to at least promote some activity between factions...

RE: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - Saronsen - 11-16-2023

(11-16-2023, 07:49 AM)Uknown Wrote: Lets put this perspective, imagine this situation in real life, you are the hmm, Australian Navy and you saw the Russian Navy doing things really close to your home waters ... what you gonna do?
nothing?
maybe show up with a couple of ships to let them know youre aware of them? shoot them a phone call? if theyre not in your territorial waters youre just instigating war if you do anything else
comparing auxesia to a nation is stupid

everyone seems to think liberty should/could get involved when they REALLY shouldnt
kansas is listed as an independent system in the rules so its not recognized by the staff as liberty territory
besides pobs it has NOTHING in there. as to if liberty is aware of the nomad jumpgate, who knows
the pob didnt register with liberty, meaning it didnt pay the license fee, which includes defense of your pob should it be attacked
going to kansas to hunt a bunch of hostiles shooting whats at best a freelancer/outlaw/pirate haven thats collecting illegal materials to produce equipment to sell to said freelancers/outlaws/pirates is like America driving down the coast of south america with a battlegroup to try and intercept smugglers
no one could realistically stop america, but itd be a stupid waste of time and money, especially when the undesirables are shooting each other
liberty went there to shoot hellfire, who was an actual threat. not uppity pirates of near zero threat shooting EACH OTHER.

tl;dr who fucking cares what was going on in kansas

RE: [SIEGE/DEFENSE EVENT]Kansas Prelude19:00-21:00 UTC Navy/Lawful vs Auxo/Unlawful - Chronicron - 11-16-2023

(11-16-2023, 07:49 AM)Uknown Wrote: is a good way to at least promote some activity between factions
wrong, it's a bad and utterly tasteless way. there are better ways to promote activities