Discovery Gaming Community
Hello - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Hello (/showthread.php?tid=202855)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Hello - Swifty - 04-28-2024

We're drifting from the topic now and im certain this is your whole goal here so i will leave it after this-
Examples are quite a few within the reach of a couple people but there's always DMs for that right darius?

At this point you're proving me right and providing me more fuel as one of the people who consistently triggers people or gets on their nerves to get called slurs and then you wonder why it happens? There's also proof of that if you're asking for it, you've done it so many times i got bored counting them. Is this trial by forum or trial by Discord? If so I'll humbly accept my punishment. Can we return to the topic and not make it about you now? Thanks.

RE: Hello - Swifty - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 03:42 PM)Emperor Tekagi Wrote: Incredible read. Thank you all, this is truly the pinnacle of forum communication of today.

Very helpful input. We welcome more of such.

RE: Hello - Jayenbee - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 03:40 PM)Darius Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 03:35 PM)Jayenbee Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 03:33 PM)Darius Wrote: Frankly I don't think they are extremes given the fact that 3? such bans happened very recently on this topic.

Three such bans with incredible nuance which have been ignored. Yeah, real nice.

Yeah, I dunno, chief. People are fearmongering for the sake of it like I've said in the main server already a dozen times. You ain't getting banned for what you post in closed channels unless it is endangering other members of the community or the server itself i.e. ddos attacks. On the other side of the coin, if you are just that bad at moderating an open, linked to the main server discord, then maybe that shouldn't be the place to hold an official faction in.

The issue isn't necessarily in how the main Discord is moderated or the (generally fair) ruling that if your OF Discord is advertised in the main Discord then it's subject to extended moderation as a by product of being attached to something mod-Official.

It's the feeling all of these sudden moves towards offenses presumed actionable by the staff has given many players, cheezus-f-ing-crust.
We can discuss right or wrong when we finish digging up the problem, no? Since, there's obviously one when multiple people feel as such.

RE: Hello - TheSauron - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 03:22 PM)Swifty Wrote: I hear that. The problem is not the audacity of someone to bring the worst in me, its the purpose they do it with and quite often getting away with it. Triggering an explosion then acting like a victim for getting burned should also be sanctionable.

If two people argue with one another, then one pulls a gun and shoots the other, you do not arrest the one getting shot, even if they instigated the argument. You arrest the guy with the gun. Obviously, getting called a Nigel in an online argument is nowhere near as severe as getting shot, but the same principles apply.

In your examples, you're the guy pulling the gun. If you literally can't help yourself but shoot the guy you're talking to every single time, the solution is not for people to treat you with kiddie gloves, but for you to learn some trigger discipline or ideally stop carrying altogether.

RE: Hello - TheSauron - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 03:47 PM)Jayenbee Wrote: It's the feeling all of these sudden moves towards offenses presumed actionable by the staff has given many players, cheezus-f-ing-crust.

Why do these players feel this way, though?

RE: Hello - Jayenbee - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 03:53 PM)TheSauron Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 03:47 PM)Jayenbee Wrote: It's the feeling all of these sudden moves towards offenses presumed actionable by the staff has given many players, cheezus-f-ing-crust.

Why do these players feel this way, though?

That's what I'm hoping this discourse will elaborate on. However, that's highly doubtful since ironically a gun is being pointed at the likes of Swifty right now for daring to start as such.

RE: Hello - Haste - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 02:42 PM)Wildkins Wrote: if a public discord is linked to by The Official Discord and it is owned by a DiscoveryGC Official Faction ™ then that extends essentially tacit approval of everything that goes on in that discord

if a new player clicks one of the Official Faction Discords linked in our Official Discord and is immediately hit with a wall of racial slurs, I think it is within our purview to give a shit

If you want to stay on topic, just read this post again as it's really all that needs to be said.

We're not "policing" your private Discords. We're not policing your Discord PMs. We're not policing your NSFW chat (but please don't break the literal law with what you post in them, jesus christ). If you want to hurl racial slurs at one another in your High Command chat as you believe that to be the ideal way to discuss High Command topics, we're not policing it either, though I will go on record here to call you insane.

(New) players clicking a link advertised by us on the official Discord and being confronted with some of the most toxic cesspools our community has to offer is simply unacceptable. We don't want to bleed players because people can't do the bare minimum to behave like human beings towards one another. But that's also it. Calling that an overreach is, well, quite telling, I suppose.

RE: Hello - Skorak - 04-28-2024

I just came back because of changes. Having good fun and also enjoying the new tech and many well functioning things.

RE: Hello - monmarfori - 04-28-2024

To be honest, for the longest time, insults and slurs are not in any tolerable. I had expected the community to mature and enjoy Discovery, but the same things seem to repeat. But still, freedom of expression is something I would prioritize.

RE: Hello - jammi - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 03:43 PM)Swifty Wrote: At this point you're proving me right and providing me more fuel as one of the people who consistently triggers people or gets on their nerves to get called slurs and then you wonder why it happens? There's also proof of that if you're asking for it, you've done it so many times i got bored counting them. Is this trial by forum or trial by Discord? If so I'll humbly accept my punishment. Can we return to the topic and not make it about you now? Thanks.

I'm sorry, but if you're so thin skinned that people upsetting you immediately triggers a barrage of slurs, you should probably spend more time working on yourself and less complaining about community moderation standards.