Discovery Gaming Community
5.1 "Aftershock" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Patch Notes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=638)
+---- Thread: 5.1 "Aftershock" (/showthread.php?tid=203235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - Darius - 07-16-2024

Those are some great and absolutely outstanding arguments, unfortunately;

Omega-3
Omicron Delta
Tau-23
New London

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - NOVA-5 - 07-16-2024

I helped out in Delta a little while back, was costing me 1m a day.
I was asked to help with a pob the other day, had to tell them to go get fu**ed!

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - Max Morse - 07-16-2024

Wow it's almost like people shouldn't be building POBs in remote areas of space and expect them to be easily supplied for cheap. Though the prices for operating them in RHeinland is rather extreme, so I can at least agree with that part. Also, really, still comparing prices in pre-deflation amounts? Nobody does that anymore, and profit values are much higher now in comparison.

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - Busy Miner - 07-16-2024

(Yesterday, 08:08 AM)Max Morse Wrote: Wow it's almost like people shouldn't be building POBs in remote areas of space and expect them to be easily supplied for cheap. Though the prices for operating them in RHeinland is rather extreme, so I can at least agree with that part. Also, really, still comparing prices in pre-deflation amounts? Nobody does that anymore, and profit values are much higher now in comparison.

While I can understand that remote POBs should be more expensive and harder to maintain, I am not talking about those, but the usual run-of-the mill POBs. And yes, comparing prices is my argument, and profit margins are not that great in comparisons, as stated above.

(Yesterday, 07:57 AM)Darius Wrote: Those are some great and absolutely outstanding arguments, unfortunately;

Omega-3
Omicron Delta
Tau-23
New London

Don't get your point, but:

Dublin
New London
Tau23
Sigma15

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - Max Morse - 07-16-2024

(Yesterday, 08:25 AM)Busy Miner Wrote:
(Yesterday, 08:08 AM)Max Morse Wrote: Wow it's almost like people shouldn't be building POBs in remote areas of space and expect them to be easily supplied for cheap. Though the prices for operating them in RHeinland is rather extreme, so I can at least agree with that part. Also, really, still comparing prices in pre-deflation amounts? Nobody does that anymore, and profit values are much higher now in comparison.

While I can understand that remote POBs should be more expensive and harder to maintain, I am not talking about those, but the usual run-of-the mill POBs. And yes, comparing prices is my argument, and profit margins are not that great in comparisons, as stated above.

Right but you shouldn't be comparing prices with pre-5.0 patch prices because the profit value of trading is much higher now than it was then, you're making a lot more money as things are now.

(Yesterday, 08:02 AM)NOVA-5 Wrote: I helped out in Delta a little while back, was costing me 1m a day.
I was asked to help with a pob the other day, had to tell them to go get fu**ed!

A bit extreme, but 1 load of BA is 115.000 cr if you get the best price. Plus 70.000 for water if you get best price. Plus MOX/HFuel, Fertilizer, etc. In a normal POB with regular buyers you can still make a profit of 10mio cr per month.

(Yesterday, 08:26 AM)Max Morse Wrote: ...

Right but you shouldn't be comparing prices with pre-5.0 patch prices because the profit value of trading is much higher now than it was then, you're making a lot more money as things are now.

But if you have to spend much more money out of that profit, the difference to pre-patch isn't that much, is it? Besides, trading anything but refined stuff/ore ingots/diamonds from POBs or NPC bases is nearly as useless as pre-patch.

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - TheKusari - 07-16-2024

If you build Hydroponics, You can just buy BA (or whatever other repair material) and then use a Hegemon and mine / supply the water for free.

If people are really concerned about pricing, look at the alternatives to upkeep your base.

Or, you know, don't build one.

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - Traxit - 07-16-2024

(Yesterday, 08:38 AM)Busy Miner Wrote: But if you have to spend much more money out of that profit.
Yes. I do believe that is the point. Maintaining a base is expensive, and that will likely be unchanged except for poor Rheinland... maybe.