Discovery Gaming Community
The Rheinland Bomber - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The Rheinland Bomber (/showthread.php?tid=2148)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The Rheinland Bomber - Dab - 01-09-2007

Solutions:

1. Increase size by a small factor.
2. Slow down the speed of the Nova Torpedoes.
3. Change 2 class 10 guns to class 9.

If we reduce the maneuverability it will make it too easy to hit by even a battleship, as Korrd said to me.
If we reduce the power supply, it will have barely enough to shoot the novas, let alone any other weaponry.
If we reduce the armor, the only thing thats giving it a chance of living against a VHF or Gunboat is taken away, making it TOO easy to kill.
If we reduce the weaponry too much, we make it obsolete, and people will opt for VHFs and put Novas on them. Then the bomber never gets used and falls in the pile of nerfed-to-death ships, which I know the people who actually like the bomber for what it is, don't want to see.

The Rheinland Bomber - Qunitinius~Verginix - 01-09-2007

hmmmmm, Increasing the size instead of nerfing some of the other things would make it harder for people ganging up on others to take out their targets easily.

It would make Gunboats better server their purpose of killing fighters and bombers. Right now, I can kill almost any fighter in my GB (Like a GB should) but I do have trouble against even one bomber, which can strip sheilds and armour like a monkey peeling a banana.

Good Idea, Increase the size. Igiss read this!!!!!!!!
Verginix Out

The Rheinland Bomber - Virus - 01-09-2007

' Wrote:Solutions:

1. Increase size by a small factor.
2. Slow down the speed of the Nova Torpedoes.
3. Change 2 class 10 guns to class 9.

If we reduce the maneuverability it will make it too easy to hit by even a battleship, as Korrd said to me.
If we reduce the power supply, it will have barely enough to shoot the novas, let alone any other weaponry.
If we reduce the armor, the only thing thats giving it a chance of living against a VHF or Gunboat is taken away, making it TOO easy to kill.
If we reduce the weaponry too much, we make it obsolete, and people will opt for VHFs and put Novas on them. Then the bomber never gets used and falls in the pile of nerfed-to-death ships, which I know the people who actually like the bomber for what it is, don't want to see.

Four class 9's, I say.

Armor needs to go down just a speck. It has more hull than a mortar does damage (with the armor upgrade...). Not right, man... Not right. No fighter should live hitting a mortar.

The Rheinland Bomber - Dab - 01-09-2007

If the mortar were a torpedo, the blast would kill it, but now that they are changed, it doesn't multiply the damage.

Four class 9s is too little firepower. A VHF could outdo that with his guns. 4 9s and 2 10s is good. Because of the dual torp slot. If you make it have only 4 9s then the VHFs outpower it, even counting the novas, as those drain the energy of the bomber a ton. A VHF with tizzys and nomads with one nova could out damage a bomber with 4 tizzys and two novas. They can't shoot the novas constantly.

The Rheinland Bomber - onca - 01-09-2007

True, but not a bomber with 2 tizzies and two class.9 Krakens (say), especially since the Nomads have been nerfed a bit... the krakens actually out-damage it now.

Besides a VHF cannot sustain any useful rate of fire with that loadout.

The Rheinland Bomber - mohr - 01-09-2007

Well from the looks of the poll people are interested in having more types of bombers. With more types of bombers, each needs to be a bit unique and not just a RH bomber clone. From what I have gathered the Taiidan Bomber is a simply worse choice as bomber. Might I suggest that each type of bombers have it's own strength (slightly better profile, better handling, better power source, etc.), there by giving each an equal chance to be used. This of course is assuming more bombers will be added. I just would like it more if people have options, and different bombers could be used for different preferences/purposes. This can also prevent any given one from being the "uber-bomber". Just a thought on the actual poll. What do you think?

Mohr

The Rheinland Bomber - Lump Lorry - 01-09-2007

Dunno guys. Probably you're all very experienced pilots... but all the times I've engaged a Player in a fighter using my RH bomber I've been killed because almost any fighter (and also the taiidan) can already outmanouver the RH bomber. To be fair I must add that all my opponents were quite experinced pilots with a full loadout (but also my loadout is near to full)

I must add that if the oppononent is able to dodge at least a bit it's almost impossible to hit him with the novas (quite different story if using the inferno... the power of inferno for sure should be reduced ). As it is now RH bomber is a powerful weapon against gunboat and BS but it's not really good against fighters... as a bomber should be. In my opinion if sothing should be demoted for sure that's the Inferno.

The Rheinland Bomber - Ant - 01-09-2007

' Wrote:If the mortar were a torpedo, the blast would kill it, but now that they are changed, it doesn't multiply the damage.

Four class 9s is too little firepower. A VHF could outdo that with his guns. 4 9s and 2 10s is good. Because of the dual torp slot. If you make it have only 4 9s then the VHFs outpower it, even counting the novas, as those drain the energy of the bomber a ton. A VHF with tizzys and nomads with one nova could out damage a bomber with 4 tizzys and two novas. They can't shoot the novas constantly.
A VHF should be able to take on a bomber and expect to win.
As it is, the bomber can drop the shields on a VHF almost instantly and take it out with one well placed nova, whereas a bomber can shrug off a single Nova.

IMO, 2 class 9, 2 class 10 guns and Nova with damage per second comparable to Gunboat Battle Razor(16000 hull and 8000 shield at 0.25 refire) is adequate for the job it's expected to do(similar reduction of Inferno to Gunboat class firepower).
It would still be a potent weapon in the right hands.

If speed could be dropped to around 175 max thrust, that would in some way reflect the inertia of the very heavy armour and weapons(reduction of max thrust was a suggestion by Firebird).

The Rheinland Bomber - Nightfall - 01-09-2007

hmm, good idea, reducing max thrust... I guess it could keep the weapons in that case

The Rheinland Bomber - Korrd - 01-09-2007

Reduce the max thrust and the bomber will be helpless against a fighter.

Thrust is the bomber's main defense against more agile ships, as you use it to thrust away and get enough time to turn and face your opponent without taking an awful lot of fire while turning.