Discovery Gaming Community
Final version of new rules - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Final version of new rules (/showthread.php?tid=2335)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Final version of new rules - Wobbly - 02-06-2007

' Wrote:That is the kind and standard of RP that many here want to be able to participate in and hopefully we will return to this soon now that new rules are in place. It's not that hard wobbly, tell me you understand now.

Maybe you just aren't good at explaining things well, because in your scenario I see a wonderful excuse for pvp, but no additional RP to speak of.

In your example you bring my point home by citing when the same thing was done with the phantoms, obviously the tools to RP already exist without this nomad excuse for additional pvp.

The Nomad thing has been done to death on other servers already. All it adds is pvp between a Nomad ship driven usually by an admin and whoever is on the server. The only people who generally push for this are the pvp whores, usually hoping to get a chance to attack indiscriminately under the guise of a Nomad.

Final version of new rules - Nightfall - 02-06-2007

Wobbly, stop flaming please!

' Wrote:Wobbly, stop flaming please!

I haven't flamed anyone. If you don't like my opinion, counter it, but don't make false accusations in lieu of a reasoned response. Don't try to take things downhill.

Final version of new rules - onca - 02-06-2007

You know Wobbly, you've been here what a fortnight, and your turning out to be a real knob. In all your posts I've seen a few good ideas, but buried under the weight of verbosity to the point of trolling, disparaging commentary, and disagreement for its own sake.

Anyway your argument for not having a Nomad faction is a specious one.... any half-cool sounding terrorist faction is susceptible to attracting n00b haX0r PvP ho's. The Phantoms for one, which is exactly why they have a strict entrance policy (I guess).

Now having said that I'm not a huge fan of including a Nomad faction, coz I reckon it dilutes the original premise of FL. But my feelings aside, if we have a Nomad faction with core of serious players, coupled with stern ship/weps/base restrictions, it just might work to screen out the rubbish.

o.

Final version of new rules - Widowmaker - 02-06-2007

Okay, the Phantoms are not PvP whores. If a person is killed, they are free to go the rest of the time their on, unless they keep coming back for more. 9 times out of 10, if you're killed by a Phantom they'll leave you be. That's how it's been everytime i've been near one.

There is a major difference between them and the PvP whores. One, the Phantoms didn't just show up on the server one day and begin breaking rules, attacking EVERYONE (Phantoms will not attack a properly tagged and ID pirate) and harrassing people. Two, the Phantoms do not use uber ships...out of all the Phantoms, 3 fly Battleships (not their only Phantom ship either), 3 bombers (not their only Phantom ship either) and the rest fly VHF's equipped with xeno and nomad weapons. It's actually a great setup when attacking large battlegroups.

Stop stirring the pot and attacking one of the longest lasting factions on the server. The Phantoms RP before, during and after playing the game. DO NOT come in here and start to question they're RP and compare them to the "PvP whores'

They don't 'need' the nomad ID. The Xeno one would work just fine, but that is up to the higher powers to say.

' Wrote:Okay, the Phantoms are not PvP whores.

That depends on your definition of a pvp, I've been called a pvp whore even though I have yet to initiate a combat on this server.

My biggest problem with the phantoms is that apparently (according to nightfall) are lying about me, saying I f1'd out of battle.

Final version of new rules - Virus - 02-06-2007

onca Wrote:any half-cool sounding terrorist faction is susceptible to attracting n00b haX0r PvP ho's. The Phantoms for one, which is exactly why they have a strict entrance policy (I guess).
That is the EXACT reason why. The only way anyone gets in is if *WE* pick *YOU*.

Wobbly, that is impossible, as far as I know. There hasn't been a Phantom on the server in almost 2 weeks.
And the Phantoms are the farthest thing from "PvP whore" possible. I am second in command of the Phantom Empire (think that's shared with Hoodlum, now), and I quite resent that remark. We role-play to the furthest extent possible to the limits of our imaginations.

Though, I'm going to thank you, Wobbly. Why? Because I just came up with an idea while writing this. Thank you.

' Wrote:Wobbly, that is impossible, as far as I know. There hasn't been a Phantom on the server in almost 2 weeks.

This is what Nightfall said:

Quote:Btw, wait, I seem to remember the story of two Phantom Bombers attacking a Corsair Dread in the Gamma Unknown, and the guy shieldrunning and docking finishing with the Dread guy F1ing.... yes, I was laughing my a$$ off listening to that. Was that you perhaps? Come on, 2 vs 1 on that is fair game, and if you F1ed you should be happy they didn't report you.

Now that looks like Nightfall is saying I F1'd out of battle, and he got that info from the phantoms. I have a slightly different take on that battle, it started with the phantoms waiting at gammu where I was fighting nomad BS's until my shields were half down, then firing nova's at me. The two phantoms were shieldrunning themselves, afterburning out of range till their shields regened before doing nova runs, I quit the server after I landed back at gammu AFTER the battle (undecisive as it was) was over.

One of those phantoms saw me log off and screenied it to try to imply I F1'd out of battle, that is pretty chickens**t if you ask me.

As far as being a pvp whore, I've been called one here and I, unlike the phantoms, have not initiated combat on the server ever.

Final version of new rules - Wolfpack98 - 02-06-2007

' Wrote:On a different tack, are prison ships and lux liners considered as traders, gunboats, cruisers or something else?

Nope...

And on the phantom note..

I'm rather insulted. In fact, VERY Insulted. I'm not a PvP "Whore" as you apparently like to label people. The Phantoms have a general rule: Kill once, leave them alone. However when we see players running, we tend to chase. and at the same time if you dock, we'll sit and wait. YOU F1 on the planet, no one can complain. However if you F1'd out IN SPACE then Hell yeah, someone will complain. There's a slight difference here.

Wobbly, I'm going to say this once and only once.

STOP BITCHING. The Phantoms don't even BEGIN to qualify as pvp whores. You haven't seen a PvP whore yet, and it's very VERY obvious. It's idiotic crap like this that make me question why gamers like you bother to get on forums and complain about small items like this.

Anyways, I'm going to bed. It's very obvious nothing's changed around here.

Final version of new rules - Obsidian - 02-06-2007

' Wrote:Now that looks like Nightfall is saying I F1'd out of battle, and he got that info from the phantoms. I have a slightly different take on that battle, it started with the phantoms waiting at gammu where I was fighting nomad BS's until my shields were half down, then firing nova's at me. The two phantoms were shieldrunning themselves, afterburning out of range till their shields regened before doing nova runs, I quit the server after I landed back at gammu AFTER the battle (undecisive as it was) was over.

One of those phantoms saw me log off and screenied it to try to imply I F1'd out of battle, that is pretty chickens**t if you ask me.

As far as being a pvp whore, I've been called one here and I, unlike the phantoms, have not initiated combat on the server ever.
I was one of the phantoms, and Nightfall said you docked and F1ed, read better! And I definitely don't like being called a whore.

You kept shieldrunning on us. That is: cruise, shields recharged fully, you stopped to fight us, we get your shields and some hull, you regen and cruise rinse and repeat. Then you docked, Onyx, armed with cruise disruptors came then you F1ed.

You wouldn't like me to call your mom names, would you?