Discovery Gaming Community
Independent traders limited to 3800 could there be a adaptation to this. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Independent traders limited to 3800 could there be a adaptation to this. (/showthread.php?tid=24751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Independent traders limited to 3800 could there be a adaptation to this. - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 08-13-2009

' Wrote:Well even though i've already posted, I'd like to say once again that powertrading is a good thing. Nearly everything on disco comes back to trading... and powertrading... in my opinion is just the art of trading alot.

Powertrading for the strong, who can survive the boredom.

If you want something to counter the smugglers using the ptrain, we could cut down the profits for all routes, make 7-10k transports or something...

Powertrading may be good (debatable) but right now powertrading is ZOI restricted, which forces some element of RP into it, plus the fact that a lot of people react differently to seeing different corporate transports (especially if they are pirates), which again would force whomever is doing the trading to RP back in the style of a pilot of the corporation he or she is a part of.

Independent traders limited to 3800 could there be a adaptation to this. - Janus - 08-13-2009

' Wrote:It would kill corporate trading in general, which would help kill RP in general, so my answer must be a rather large NO

Corp traders would still have a 19% advantage over Indys, slightly more than the one they currently have over junkers and smugglers currently.

Slavers on the other hand, as far as I can tell, can use any house 5k they feel like.

Independent traders limited to 3800 could there be a adaptation to this. - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 08-13-2009

' Wrote:Slavers on the other hand, as far as I can tell, can use any house 5k they feel like.

But they are restricted on where they can land.

Independent traders limited to 3800 could there be a adaptation to this. - Janus - 08-13-2009

' Wrote:But they are restricted on where they can land.

Leaving them the most profitable routes in the game?

' Wrote:Leaving them the most profitable routes in the game?

Dont think so.

The two slave routes I know of make 29.4 and 29.7mil per hour respectively. You know corp routes making more than that?

Independent traders limited to 3800 could there be a adaptation to this. - reavengitair - 08-13-2009

Quote:The two slave routes I know of make 29.4 and 29.7mil per hour respectively. You know corp routes making more than that?

Mine does... 20m per 35mins?

' Wrote:Mine does... 20m per 35mins?

Srsly?

Can you divulge?

Independent traders limited to 3800 could there be a adaptation to this. - farmerman - 08-13-2009

' Wrote:The two slave routes I know of make 29.4 and 29.7mil per hour respectively. You know corp routes making more than that?

For comparison's sake, the better Samura ones I know of cap at between 27 and 29ish mil.

I know one Samura run that caps at 29. Same route is workable for Kruger and Daumann.

For further comparison, a 29mil route in a 4.2k trans, what I'd like for Indy traders, caps at a bit under 24.5.