Discovery Gaming Community
Buccaneers NPC faction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Buccaneers NPC faction (/showthread.php?tid=25272)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Buccaneers NPC faction - Blodo - 08-22-2009

Anyways, back on topic: my idea when I told Thacker that Bucs need an NPC faction was one that did not include making it exclusive to the Buccaneer player faction. If this was to go ahead with non-guard bases within Bretonian space, then I would fully endorse other player factions and indies adopting the Bucanner tag and possible ID. Hence why I believe that arguments like "the faction didn't spend enough time on the server yet" are senseless and don't belong here.

I am fully backing this by the way.

Buccaneers NPC faction - tansytansey - 08-22-2009

' Wrote:I'd actually prefer them if they just stuck to the ships they use now.
What ships do they use now? I know they use the Waran, but what else?

Buccaneers NPC faction - reavengitair - 08-22-2009

Quote:Anyways, back on topic: my idea when I told Thacker that Bucs need an NPC faction was one that did not include making it exclusive to the Buccaneer player faction. If this was to go ahead with non-guard bases within Bretonian space, then I would fully endorse other player factions and indies adopting the Bucanner tag and possible ID. Hence why I believe that arguments like "the faction didn't spend enough time on the server yet" are senseless and don't belong here.

Well for one, I am not a person who thinks you havn't spent enough time on the server... however...

I fully agree that getting your own iff/id etc, but whats wrong with the ships you're using now?

Buccaneers NPC faction - Cyberanson - 08-22-2009

' Wrote:I am fully backing this by the way.
Blodo, your arguments are interesting. Could we make a different approach for the Buccaneers at all? I mean like: every character, which uses the ID/tag should automatically stick to the codex of the official Buccaneers and should be given rights to say someting there?

I know, this would be a dangerous task, but maybe it works.

Do you know what I am talking about? I know... sometimes I lack the skill to express what I mean.

' Wrote:What ships do they use now? I know they use the Waran, but what else?
Sabres and Crows if I remember right.

Buccaneers NPC faction - tansytansey - 08-22-2009

' Wrote:Sabres and Crows if I remember right.

Quote:I fully agree that getting your own iff/id etc, but whats wrong with the ships you're using now?

It's fully up to them whether or not I make the Buccaneers some ships. If you're not in the Buc, don't comment until I actually post a model. At this point I'd probably only make a fighter and a bomber, that would be enough.

Buccaneers NPC faction - jammi - 08-22-2009

' Wrote:I'd actually prefer them if they just stuck to the ships they use now.
I think we're mostly in with this group as well. I think it's awesome that the suggestion that we get ships was made by a non-Buccaneer though:P

The main reason for my preferring our current shiplist, is that having only two ships represents a kind of uniformity, while right now we'll utilise anything from the generic aspects of the Borderworld (no Facualta's) and Civilian line which makes for a really rag-tag appearance.

Pulled from our faction status, we use:
  • Series CX "Scimitar" Border Worlds Light Fighter
  • CTE -4000 "Griffin" Civilian Light Fighter
  • Z-6150 "Bactrian" Pirate Freighter
  • Series YX "Dromedary" Border Worlds Freighter
  • B-27-E "Clydesdale" Bretonia Freighter
  • CTE-3000 "Falcon" Civilian Heavy Fighter
  • BYC "Marauder" Heavy Borderworld Fighter
  • Series QX "Switchblade" Border Worlds Heavy Fighter
  • "Moldy Crow" Heavy Fighter
  • CTE HF "Kingfisher" Class Civilian Heavy Fighter
  • IR-7 "Raven's Talon" Very Heavy Fighter
  • CTE -6000 "Eagle" Civilian Very Heavy Fighter
  • Series Z "Sabre" Border Worlds Very Heavy Fighter
  • KS-1093 "Mafic" Civilian SHF
  • CTE-19000 "Roc" Civilian Bomber
  • WAR-4b "Waran" Border Worlds Bomber
  • Firefly Transport
  • Pirate Train
  • Series "DL" Border Worlds Transport
Bear in mind, I've never seen a Buccaneer use some of the above. Most are just there for the potential use, rather than actual use. I've bolded the ones I've seen so far. The Vulture will also be going on if it makes it in for .86.

By all means, feel free to make a bomber though. What would be really epic would be a Waran with a few minor tweaks and a custom Buccaneer skin (like flames running up the nose, or those shark heads crews used to paint on their jets in Vietnam. Jolly Rogers on the wings would be great as well).

EDIT: Eh, the above sounds a bit too negative. Please go ahead and make the ships if you've got the spare time Nighthawk. I'd love to see what you can think up.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Eppy - 08-22-2009

If enough time hasn't passed now, it will have by .86 rolls around. The Buccaneers are honestly one of the things I, a disgruntled, underpaid liner pilot, like about Bretonia these days. An NPC faction and a couple of dockable liners should be an easy thing to do for pirates of that quality.

Buccaneers NPC faction - swift - 08-22-2009

Alright gents, you've convinced me, I'm switching to the 'for this' side of the party.:P
Just make the best out of all this, Buccaneers, do that for me and we're good.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Cosmos - 08-22-2009

No.

There is no need for it.

if they did get it, there would be questions like:

Example: Why dont the TAZ have their own Npc Faction?

and then there would be an uproar/flame fest about who should get their own NPC faction.

So No.
They should'nt get an NPC faction.

Heck they have'nt been around for that long either.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Altaris - 08-22-2009

' Wrote:No.

There is no need for it.

if they did get it, there would be questions like:

Example: Why dont the TAZ have their own Npc Faction?

and then there would be an uproar/flame fest about who should get their own NPC faction.

So No.
They should'nt get an NPC faction.

Heck they have'nt been around for that long either.

TAZ = Totally anonymous ZONERS (or something) They are zoners, they dont need own iff. Buccaneers are not from any faction that already exist. So they must create it (iff) so npc faction will exist. The same with Coalition. Why dont they use Xeno or terrorist ID/iff. CR, why dont they use IMG iff/id?

Im telling ya, it is good idea.