Discovery Gaming Community
Proposed new forum structure - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Proposed new forum structure (/showthread.php?tid=26293)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Proposed new forum structure - kingvaillant - 09-11-2009

' Wrote:All threads and posts will be preserved... right?

Right?

Yes, I'm no forum mod or admin, but last time we made edits to the structure, treads were simply relocated to the appropriate area.

Proposed new forum structure - mwerte - 09-11-2009

' Wrote:# Discovery Freelancer Mod
  • Discovery Mod Announcements

• Discovery Mod Discussion
    o Discovery Mod Balance and Bug Reports
    o Ship Submissions
    o System Submissions

• Freelancer Modding

• Discovery Wiki

• Other Servers
Should be:
# Discovery Freelancer Mod
  • Discovery Mod Announcements

• Discovery Mod Discussion
    o Discovery Mod Balance and Bug Reports
    o Mod Request
    o Mod Feedback

• Freelancer Modding
    o Ship Submissions
    o System Submissions

• Discovery Wiki

• Other Servers
Seems more logical to keep everything that is modding related inside the same category. I also added Mod Request and Mod Feedback as suggestions. Yours to think about it, but I do feel they are needed to prevent request from getting mixed in various mod related topics [like topics on how to improve bombers in-game, these are discussions, not request. Both shouldn't be mixed together]
Do we need Mod Request and Mod Feedback subforums?

Otherwise, putting Ship/System submissions into Freelancer Modding doesn't make a dime of difference to me.

Edit: I've done a bit of editing/adding/moving in the Modding section.

' Wrote:All threads and posts will be preserved... right?

Right?
Although it might not be a -bad- thing to remove everything and start clean, we're not planning on losing any threads.

Proposed new forum structure - kingvaillant - 09-11-2009

With a "Mod balance" and "bug report" subsections, a "Mod Request" is not needed anymore. "Mod Feedback" was mostly optionnal, but far from vital.

Proposed new forum structure - chovynz - 09-12-2009

I suggest a [clearer] place for unofficial faction requests. Simplified process and instructions makes for happier members and admins I think..

edit...
nevermind. I'm tired and missed it. Im glad to see it there already.
The rest looks good.

I was thinking of the message dumps could be restructured so that "indies" can feel free to message in there too, but I think that's mostly obvious.

Proposed new forum structure - Igiss - 09-13-2009

Fine, I believe we reached an agreement, and the proposed structure (with Kingvaillant's changes on the modding changes) looks good to me.

Poll results also look well enough, and yes, I believe some of the "No" votes were caused by the flood removal joke. I warned you, I did:)

Mwerte, I'll implement the changes sometime this week, preferably when you'll be online. Almost sure that I'll need some help during the process.

Proposed new forum structure - ProwlerPC - 09-13-2009

Amen, can't wait to see the changes, I didn't read through all this thread nor did I keep up with it as it grew, I just waited for the decision. I knew the flood removal thing was a joke heheh it provides a good service as the trash bin where us hogs can roll around in all day :P. But in all seriousness I can't wait to see the new changes it'll be like playing a new game.

Proposed new forum structure - Seth Karlo - 09-13-2009

Great, nice work Mwerte:)

Proposed new forum structure - johnpeter - 09-13-2009

' Wrote:Great, nice work Mwerte:)

Yes, great work Iggis, Mwerte!:D(My previous post here was wrong)

Proposed new forum structure - Pinko - 09-14-2009

Gawd, I was sooo confused when I entered the site... @_@

Proposed new forum structure - Seth Karlo - 09-14-2009

Uhh, did you combine the RP Hub with the Stories and Biographies?